Important Q&A about the Rampaging Botanist

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I started this thread for commentary about the Rampaging Botanist (which I think is totally fabby and will win a Nobel Prize BTW).

Carson City, NV(Zone 6b)

I thought it was the Pulitzer Prize. Anyway, I very impressed by everyone's story skills. I can write technical reports all day but creative writing was the bane of my scholarly years. The only class I almost flunked.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

It's a wonderful story! I'm still having trouble, though, with the rescued battery hen who "plucked up the prize in her beak and flapped off into the cloudy sky!"

Since they can't fly.
I think she must be something else in disguise.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

That part makes me laugh Picante. Yes I'm sure it is likely a another creatures in disguise. Another favorite part of mine is Mrs. Butterworth doing laundry when she gets amnesia ROFLOL!!

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

I like the fact everyone is trying so hard to be coherent, keeping all the elements of the story in play and interwoven, well, perhaps not gracefully, but interwoven.

The rescued battery hen who flew definitely has to be someone else in disguise, or the coherence is fatally lost.

Santa Fe, NM

I came in late. What a fun story! I think we will need to do some editing later but first we'll just go for it. I tend to type slowly and edit while I write, which isn't always the best way to do it. Creative writing is almost as fun as art for me. Can anyone see the illustrations and characters so far? It seems very English cozy at this point. The battery hens are a gang, of course. The one who flew might be an infiltrator of some sort. A raven?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I think anyone/everyone should just jump in as they are inspired. I have lots of typos in mine but that's how I write. I just roll along with it and then clean it up later. I'm sure someone will clear up the mysterious flying chicken at some point.

Santa Fe, NM

I thought chickens could fly; just not very well.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

The issue of the flying hen was eggzackly why I asked the question that prompted potential coherence erosion! and this thread is a marvelous solution, DN.

Now we just have to figure out who flew away with that all important scrap of Coherence.

Perhaps we will win the Booker prize too.

Katlian, you may not think you are a creative write but anyone who can be that fanciful with cake ideas at least has vast potential! ;-)

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Katlian I think you will have an 'aha' moment when you will need to add something to the story ^_^ Roybird I forgot to say that I have mental pictures of the characters and scenes already too. I too see it very english country garden.

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

Maybe someone could add to the story over on the Rampaging Botanist thread??? ;-)

And if anyone has some great illustrations, that would be good too.

I am sure Katlian will find herself swept up in the creative coherence at some point. The rest of us are fairly oozing it now, and I am sure we are seriously contagious.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Oh, Dahlia, good save! As we cross posted in the story! Just as I was trying to figure out how to edit mine, you edited yours. Grape vines think alike, as a dear friend likes to tell me. ;-)

Clearly, cross posting is a challenge to our coherence.

I believe I will watch from the sidelines for a while, as my posts might otherwise get as mixed together as my tomato labels this morning!

A subtitle I do propose for the story, however:

"The Rampaging Botanist, or How to Herd Squirrels"

tee hee

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

I wondered how we would deal with such an event. Glad you two figured it out. And please, no one stay on the sidelines! We can solve coherence glitches, as you have just proved!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Yupper I think we can solve glitches as they happen. We need to be careful cuz editguy will cut us off though. We each only get so many edits a day on DG for some reason.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

O rly! I did not know our edits were limited! How many do we get, anyone know?

Mulch, be assured, my sidelineism will not last very long, it never does despite my best intentions! But I do have a few other things to do, oh Coherent One. ;-)

I think Bsavage actually did a good save earlier, I saw something changed for coherence sake, just to give credit where due..... ;-)

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

Edits are limited? How odd.

Glad you will not be sidelined lone, Kyla. I have some work ahead of me as well.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

I also don't have time right now to jump in & write. I'm barely keeping up with the reading!
Back to work on a translation about a peristaltic pump...

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Oh, now that sounds like it could weave into the story nicely, perhaps it will be what saves Chief Detective Lily from her dread dead mouse allergy! hahaha

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

oooo we might need a peristaltic pump in our story picante. Sounds fascinatingly, technically important for something! I posted a query re: how many edits we get cuz I don't remember. I got cut off once so I know there is a limit.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

tee hee Kyla we have cross-post-itis. Now I DEFINITELY forsee a peristaltic pump in our future ^_^

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Oh, is it a cure for cross-posting too ?

LOL

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

We each have 10 edits per 24 hour period. That should be plenty to fix glitches when we need to methinks.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Somebody oughta invent Cross-Post-It notes.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

I nominate you, Picante, as you thought of it. tee hee

Santa Fe, NM

I don't know how to do an edit! Will get back to the story tonight.

Reno, NV

Roybird- if you look at something you posted you'll find a small blue line of text that says Edit. It should be under your name and time. Hit that word and you'll be able to change what you wrote and repost. The edited posts will say they've been changed.

Edited to add ;)
It's in the very bottom left under the name and date section

This message was edited Apr 16, 2009 3:13 PM

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

I did make an edit for the sake of coherence when I realized Cecil was already sitting down... I do love the story and illustrations would be awesome! I was even reading it to DH last night, and when we got up this morning he wanted to know what was new in the story, LOL! (I will read it to him later on...)

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

You are goooooood Brenda. I didn't notice that booboo at the time.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

ROF gasping! I can't stand it! cuz we have left the really, truly or almost, mostly dead CD Lily lieing in a heap. Obviously she has no friends (There are tears rolling down my face I'm laughing so hard!)

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

If she's a shapeshifter, that would explain the lack of friends.

Reno, NV

lol. I'd actualy forgoten her for the time. I'm still trying to figure out what the double spells might do to the chickens. Double forgeting? Forget they're chickens? Take tea with the queen? Oh the difficulties.

Littleton, CO(Zone 5a)

Wow... the entire forum is moving faster than I am at the moment. I started reading last night, while rubbing my crippled hands with oil and fell asleep. It all sounds so interesting, but I couldn't tell if it was really all madness or something I was dreaming in my half wakeful mind. And then this morning more volumes appeared and I was afraid to post because it was moving too fast for me. So I made coffee instead. You gals and guys are such a hoot.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

kTalia, sometimes it does that, the forum, move faster than I do that is. I suspect that when that happens, that either Mulch has put the asteroid into overdrive, or else Roybird's dragon has gone walkabout and is dragging us along in its wake! When that happens I go make a cup of tea and wait for things to settle down. ;-) Otherwise the cross-postitis can become feverish.

Dahlia, thanks for finding out about the edits limits! I think you all should be very proud of me for not cracking wise about possible reasons why the edit limit does not exist in the Mid-South Regional Forum (I think that's the one....) It was extremely tempting, but I resisted heroically.

But perhaps it should figure in our story, if only as a mysterious unresolved background factoid.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

LOL, Kylaluaz!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I was worried about that Kyla. Thanks for not going there. I only pose questions in the DG Forum is I think will help answer questions that others might have cuz I think Admin might be overloaded with 'Contact Us' questions and I'm hoping it might lessen the load. I think Dave and Admin have reasons for the lift on some Forums and not on others. I wonder too about the the MSRF but there must be a reason. Maybe they asked???? I don't think Dave and/or Admin frequent that forum, not that I think they would preference themselves anyhoo. I think we're good with 10/24. I think I'll use mine at the end of the day to clean up my typos in the story (of which I have plentiful).

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Oh it's no biggie, just funnin around but I agree, the DG forum is not the place for that, too much admin biz needs to happen there and it would be obstructive.

I think your typos should stand as part of the creative coherence.

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

Typos by definition are not coherent. Unless they are Freudian.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

I maintain it is a form of meta-coherence, actually, kind of like mutations.

;-)

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

Now THAT was an incoherent sentence if I ever read one! ;-)

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Yes it is one of my main skills. Stretching the boundaries of coherence.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.