April in Like a Lion Too!

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Happy April 1!

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/966430/

We had a major storm move through last night. I slept like a baby LOL! I missed my workout this morning because the power flickered sometime between 4am and now.

Kelli - Your tulips are gorgeous! Maybe I should try growing them too. Stores have been selling them this year, but they never done well here.
Bernie - Smart and Beautiful! A powerful combination!
Pepper - Hang in there! Is the weather supposed to improve today?

63.0 °F
Overcast
Humidity: 92%
Dew Point: 61 °F
Wind: 0.0 mph
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph
Pressure: 29.92 in (Falling)
Visibility: 2.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Overcast 300 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 18 ft

Now
Light rain with pockets of embedded moderate rain will move east at 20 mph across the area this morning. Rainfall will average less than a quarter of an inch through 7 am EDT.

Flood Watch in effect through Friday morning...

Today
Showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then showers and thunderstorms likely in the afternoon. Locally heavy rainfall possible. High 72. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 90%.

Thumbnail by MySharona
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

We we've pulled out the snow shovels and are digging out.
There must be 9" of snow out there.
So much for occasional showers......

Thanks for moving us to the new month Sharon.
Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Ric, nice picture.
I think I might D-mail my friend Badseed. She is always giving me a bad time about living in "cold & snowy" MN.

32º this morning.
I do see a little white out there. Barely covering the ground.
We had everything yesterday. Rain in the morning, sun by 9AM, strong wind during the day & off & on cloudy, then snow flurries last evening. Wasn't to bad of a day though.

Took a little project to a ladies house in the afternoon. She wanted her old cast iron radiators covered. There were 2 like this. She has more she wants done now.

Bernie

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

41*, sun came out and it's cold and breezy. Didn't anyone tell the lion it's April?

Happy April Fools Day everyone!

Kwanjin! I saw the X-File show where Fox gets the UFO poster! The show was ''Alpha.'' A thought to be extinct chinese dog was captured, but escaped from the crate on a ship. It was a good show and I haven't seen it for quite a while.

Well, I'm behind again. I read averything, too much to comment on, but I'll get a few in.

I am glad to see I'm not the only one calling the weather brutally cold!! LOL!

Big pats for all the altered pups!

Big hugs and speedy recoveries for the tired, sick, surgeried and injured!

Our Sharon, a bum! ROTFL over that one! ROTFL & L & l over the sheriff. You made my day!! Beautiful rooms!!

Bernie! She's adorable!! Brag away!!

Pity for those with 9'' of snow :o) May it melt fast!!

Bernie, how is Badseed? I haven't seen her on any threads and knew another baby was on the way.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Bernie: your granddaughter has beautiful blue eyes! That photo brings back memories of when my DGD(now 15) was in dance. They are so cute in their dance costumes. Good luck at finding what you need at that auction!
Celia: glad to know that your brother is doing well. Sounds like you need to get some rest.
Sharon, at least you can keep the new chandelier and ceiling fans that you put up in this house the next time you move (although I'm sure you don't want to have to think about moving again for a long, long time!)
Kelli: so sorry you haven't been feeling well--hope you find the cause of the problem. That Scentimental is a beautiful rose. My favorite roses in my garden are Angel Face and Sunsprite because of their wonderful fragrance as well as their color. I intend to take them with me when I move along with several other plants.Your lemon tree is bearing MUCH fruit!
BP: we have such a chatty group that it is easy to get way behind really quick! LOL
Adina; so glad the pups are all doing well!
The showing of my house for realtors went really well. My agent said that about 30 real estate folk showed up and the only negative that any of them had about my house is that it is on a busy street--which I already knew, of course!~ LOL However, there is a new bypass which is to open soon which, hopefully, will re-route a good portion of the traffic which uses this street.
Kiska: I saw on the news this morning that the volcano spewed ash 25,000 ft. into the air. I surely am praying for the safety of all the folks up that way--including you and your family!
We had rain yesterday morning but then the sun came out around noon and the temp went up into the 70's and it was a beautiful day, although a little windy. I managed to get quite a bit of weeding done and a portion of the yard mowed, as well. I need to get out and do some weed-eating this afternoon. It's sunny but a little windy and cool--supposed to warm up into the 70's again today and rain is forecast for tomorrow.
Here's a photo from the Oatlands Wildlife Center outside Savannah, GA. It is a beautiful place with the dogwoods and azaleas in bloom--there were lots of neat animals,too, in more natural settings than in a "regular" zoo.

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

here's a pic of one of the trees covered in spanish moss

Thumbnail by marsue
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

As it is April Fools Day... I'd imagine it will melt REAL fast....

Ric

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Mau, prayers that your house will sell. What a load off your mind if it does, and the bypass is good news! Gorgeous azalea blooms! I would love to see a wildlife center. Huge old trees. So neat! Makes me want to read my Anne Rice books.

Ric, you have a lovely Mudder :o)

(Zone 7a)

I finally got some sleep. Sheesh! I hate those cycles. Anyway, bro is doing so well, they may send him home today!!! Yea!!! He just needs to prove he can manage the stairs.

Sharon, my brother had a hip replaced. It's his 2nd.

Still a little tired and trying to catch up...

35.8 °F with 45º for the high. And MORE snow. It melts during the day but I'm still sick of it.
Mostly Cloudy
Windchill: 29 °F
Humidity: 61%
Dew Point: 24 °F
Wind: 8.1 mphfrom the NNW
Wind Gust: 11.0 mph
Pressure: 29.93 in (Steady)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 3 out of 16
Clouds: Few 2100 ft
Mostly Cloudy 3000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 5000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Happy Fool's Day, everyone! Ric, you are too funny! LOLOL

I had a great weekend, but it is taking me forever to catch up this week. I think I would be coping better if I could get about 12 hours of sleep, all at once. It's not likely to happen, though, so I'm doing as well as I can on 6 hours a night and plenty of caffeine. LOL

I forgot the camera, so I don't have any soggy Virginia photos to share - sorry! It was beautiful, even in the fog. We had plenty of rain here over the weekend, too, so all sorts of things are blooming. I even have one yellow rose right now! (I forgot to prune them... oops!) And of course, lots and lots of weeds to pull. Hopefully I will be able to spend a lot of time out there this weekend getting things cleaned up.

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 2:53pm CDT (1 min ago)
Temperature 70 °F 21 °C
Dew Point 48 °F 9 °C
Humidity 45%
Pressure 29.73 in 1006.7 mb
Wind Speed 17 MPH
G 26 15 kts
G 23
Wind Dir SE 140°
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Current Conditions Clear
Remarks Pressure falling rapidly.
Lightning detector not working.
6 hour min temperature ending 12:53pm CDT : 55.9°F / 13.3°C

Rest of today Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 70s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph.
Tonight Partly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Lows in the lower 60s. South winds 10 to 15 mph.

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Sharon, thanks for starting a new thread! Are those strawberries in your new garden?
Ric, grrr, snow again?!
Mau, wonderful forrest and great azaleeas!
Bernie, your work is great! I'd need some of those too!
Celia, glad you got some sleep. Beautiful coleus leaf!
My hyacinthus are blooming and the weather is great! Though it was chilly today and last night we had a storm, but it's going to warm up again.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
(Zone 3b)

I'd posted earlier today; was interrupted and didn't clik send.
Hello, again~
28*F Gray; not sure if it's ash haze or just clouds.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Badseed's little boy, Nolan was born March 8.
All healthy & happy.
Here's a thread.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/960436/

Our trip went well. Lots of good stuff there. Just hope people don't run the price to high.
Bidding ends tomorrow at 6:30 PM.

Still cold here. I hope it warms soon.

Later,
Bernie

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Adina I should have explained as I don't know if Romania celebrates it.
April 1st is here in the US and many other countries also called April Fools Day.
It is a day playing gentle pranks and tricks on Friends and Family.
So the snow shot and forecast was my gift to you.
Actually it was cool but sunny here.

Dave usually celebrates it here.
And though now we search out the prank for many years he got away w/ it.
Here's this year's thread.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/969909/

Ric

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Cloudy and a bit cool today. I really wish it would warm up.

Weekend snow aka slush.

Thumbnail by pepper23
(Zone 7a)

Sharon, I think your trees might be ornamental pears? Do they grow that far south?

This message was edited Apr 2, 2009 9:30 AM

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Ric, that is so funny! Thanks for posting the link! It was Fool's Day here too, we are celebrating it in Romania also on April 1st! My DD called to say she is 2 months pregnant ...funny one...!LOL
BTW, this is for real : she is going to Mediaset in Rome, a big television society for an interview. She had sent her photo and they called a week later . Please, keep your fingers crossed she can get the job!

Mau – Our area is very much like Savannah. It’s so beautiful.
Celia – I’m so glad your brother is doing well! Did they send him home?
Adina – The plants look like strawberries. I’m keeping my eyes on them. I hope your DD gets that job!
Celia – I’m not sure of the trees. There is a lot of different plants in this area. I’m going to have to post on the ID thread.

65.1 °F
Overcast
Humidity: 93%
Dew Point: 63 °F
Wind: 0.0 mph
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph
Pressure: 29.89 in (Rising)
Clouds: Few 3700 ft
Mostly Cloudy 10000 ft
Overcast 15000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Today
Showers and thunderstorms. Some thunderstorms may be severe with damaging winds. Locally heavy rainfall possible. High 74. South winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 90%.

It's raining again. Lots of happy frogs out there! Our next door neighbor (to the left) has a beautiful pond and English garden. I peeked over the fence.

Callie when she finally ventured from under the bed.

Thumbnail by MySharona

Kitchen looking East - please ignore the mess

This message was edited Apr 2, 2009 8:47 AM

Thumbnail by MySharona

Looking West. A little lopsided - it's me not you LOL!

Thumbnail by MySharona

above the sink

Thumbnail by MySharona

above the stove - i ran out of stuff - must buy more stuff LOL!

This message was edited Apr 2, 2009 9:42 AM

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 7a)

Sharon, they're sending him home today! Yea! He managed the stairs just fine. He has an artificial leg on his right side (which is the side he had done) and can get his leg on and walk up and down the stairs. I'm amazed. I'll go shopping with oyu. LOL

Mau, looks like you had a wonderful time. More pics?

42.1 °F Shooting for 58º today! The sun came out of hiding and was convinced to stay most of the day.

Mostly Cloudy
Windchill: 34 °F
Humidity: 49%
Dew Point: 24 °F
Wind: 18.3 mphfrom the SE
Wind Gust: 27.5 mph
Pressure: 29.87 in (Falling)
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 6000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 9000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 14000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 20000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Lewisville, TX(Zone 7b)

Happy April everyone.. too bad some of us weren't getting better weather..it is VERY windy here.. a bit chilly though 70 is not supposed to be! BUT I am sooo happy as I found 4 swallowtail caterpillars in my garden..for the first time EVER!! I am so thrilled as this was my objective & I can't believe they are eating the zinnia seedlings, as I know the adult butterflies like the flowers I just didn't think they were a host plant!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Great News Celia!!!

Sharon I'm liking that house more w/ each photo.

Currently 70° 5 MPH East Winds and clouds are building up fast.
Most of the severe weather is west of us so the east winds are good.

tornado watch 111 remains in effect until 1200 am edt for the
following locations Hamilton County..... That's us!

Believe it or not we may get snow Monday night....
We'll see how this plays out.

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

I love that picture, Ric. Is that where you work?

It almost looks like it could rain.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 4:51 PM PDT on April 02, 2009
60 °F
Overcast
Humidity: 67%
Dew Point: 49 °F
Wind: 12 mph from the South
Pressure: 29.85 in (Rising)
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Overcast 2900 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Thumbnail by Kelli

Celia - I so glad your brother is doing well! It's amazing and a blessing that he is already walking around! Grab your bag and lets hit the stores!
cindy - congrats on the swallowtails! You must post pics!
Ric - Thanks! We are enjoying all the space! More snow? Is that a cutout of deer? LOL!

64.4 °F
Thunderstorm
Humidity: 89%
Dew Point: 61 °F
Wind: 3.2 mph from the NE
Wind Gust: 7.5 mph
Pressure: 29.59 in (Falling)
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 500 ft
Overcast 2500 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Tornado Watch 108 in effect until 10 PM EDT this evening...

Tonight
Cloudy...breezy. Showers and thunderstorms likely in the evening...then chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Some thunderstorms may be severe with damaging winds and large hail. Locally heavy rainfall possible in the evening. Low 65. Southwest winds 15 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 70%.

I hear thunder again. I think we may be in the positive as far as rainfall goes (a miracle there). We've been in drought conditions for a couple of years now.

The amazing threesome!

Thumbnail by MySharona

Kelli - we crossed - hope you get that rain.

Ric - Is that a live pic of deer or not?

(Zone 3b)

32*F sunny/bright at 5pm. The volcanic ash seems have dissipated and the sky is blue. The fresh snowfall is blinding in the light.
MySharona~love your kitchen/accessories. It looks so settled already. Very nice.
kelli~hope you're feeling better; and that rain comes your way.
ric~now, I'm wondering,too.
celia~glad everything is going well and his recovery is well underway.

Thumbnail by kiska

Very cold here. Cloudy and drizzly all day. Tongiht frost warning and chance of fog in the morning.

"Whatcha lookin at??"

Thumbnail by pepper23
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Well, we won some items on the online auction. I got the scaffolding. Ric you would know what a value I got. 4, 6ft high end sections, cross braces, safety railings, 4 wheels, 3 aluminum planks, they are couple hundred each new. A 6ft baker, no wheels but can't have everything! $280.00 for the bunch.
My DD & SIL got a load of lumber for their house addition. It includes 20+ I beam floor trusses, $25.00 each new price, & a bunch of 8 ft 2 x 4's & 16 ft 2 x 6's. Also some miscellaneous lumber. All for $390.00.

We go pick it up Monday morning.

36º.
Sunny all day here.
I got some ground worked, ready to plant tomorrow.

Bernie

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Bernie that's a SERIOUS deal! Great Job!
Love those Rad covers BTW!

Getting hit w/ a T-Storm I've tried to post this 3 times now.

They are real deer.
That's the parking lot next door at work.

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

FINALLY! LOL!

Night!
Ric

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I like the flowering trees.

(AnjL) Fremont, CA(Zone 9b)

High 68* low 46* but up to 50 mph winds tonight ugh!

Thumbnail by 1AnjL

Bernie, you got an awesome deal!!!

(Zone 7a)

Welcome, Anjl!!! Cute little guy/girl. I've seen squirrels around here but they don't come in the yard.

Ric, I think the deer where wondering about you more than the rain. And Sharon's right. The trees are pretty.

Sharon, where are we going 1st?

Well, the sun had other plans today. It didn't show itself until just before sunset. And man, oh, man! Talk about windy! Whew! It rained a little bit ago and more of it and snow? Maybe.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Kiska – Thanks! The snow pic cooled me off!
Pepper – Awww – poor thing is all soggy LOL!
Bernie – Congrats on the win!
Ric – The deer are beautiful and so are the trees
Celia – First we’re going to hit the sales at Pier 1, Crate and Barrel and Home Goods LOL!

Welcome 1AngjL! Cute pic of the squirrel!

70.7 °F
Overcast
Humidity: 93%
Dew Point: 69 °F
Wind: 4.8 mphfrom the SW
Wind Gust: 8.8 mph
Pressure: 29.56 in (Rising)
Visibility: 9.0 miles
Clouds: Few 2000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 2600 ft
Overcast 6000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Today
Breezy. Partly cloudy in the morning then clearing. High 79. West winds 15 to 20 mph.

We had a terrible storm move through early this morning. Kept me up from 1-3am. I'm exhausted! All the pets climbed in bed with us except for Prissy who slept on the floor. I don't see any damage outside, but it is still DysonDark.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Welcome, AnjL! You will find that we are a chatty bunch here on the weather thread and it is sometimes hard to keep up with everything! LOL

Sharon: moving is hard on cats--I've heard that you should keep them inside for at least two weeks after moving. We did this many years ago back in the 70's when we moved but,alas, the first time I let our kitty go outside after we moved, he disappeared and we never saw him again. :o(( I guess he tried to find his way back to our former place which was more than 30 miles away. sniff, sniff

Good photos of the critters, Ric, pepper and AnjL

Celia, so glad your brother is doing so well!! The grape hyacinths are lovely--mine are blooming now, too. I'll post a couple of links to more beach pictures once I get up to my daughter's house this weekend. I'm leaving today and will be up there for about 10 days.

Kiska: so glad the ash has dissipated. Hope that volcano "cools down" real soon!

Bernie: that was a great deal on the scaffolding! I know because my DH was in construction for 30plus years and he bought a ton of that stuff over the years.

It's been an "every other day" rain pattern this week. Rain yesterday, no rain today thank goodness. Should be a nice day for a drive to my daughter's house. It's a 2 1/2 hour drive, but a pretty drive and one I don't mind at all when the weather is good.

Supposed to be up in the 60's today.
Everyone have a good day! I'll talk to y'all later.

(AnjL) Fremont, CA(Zone 9b)

high 62*f
low 42* f
windy here, I wont be around to enjoy the nice weather tho :o( headed to the cabin in the sierras to see how it weathered the winter....cold up there!

Thumbnail by 1AnjL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.