What is your favorite color combination in the garden?

Otho, IA
There are a total of 471 votes:

I like the pinks and magentas with gray
(11 votes, 2%)
Red dot

Purple and lime green are a favorite of mine
(38 votes, 8%)
Red dot

I like soft colors together like pinks and blues
(52 votes, 11%)
Red dot

Hot tones like red, yellow and orange are my favorites
(86 votes, 18%)
Red dot

I like everything mixed together
(220 votes, 46%)
Red dot

Other. Please tell us!
(64 votes, 13%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Houston Heights, TX(Zone 9a)

leeflea51, you sound very depressed. Talk to someone. Ask for help before your depression gets any worse. ANd it can get worse. Sorry you are feeling so rotten. I hope you can get it turned around soon. Dont try to think your way out of it, get help now.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I almost wrote something for leeflea51, but changed my mind.
I have a very positive outlook on life. The reason, I go to great lengths to make things happen that way for me. Also get lots of support from all the good people on this site.
Life is great!
Have a Great Day!
Bernie

Clarkson, KY

Like many others -blue/purple, yellow/peach, and whites. And greeny whites

And pinks
And fuschias and reds and magentas
And oranges and chocolates and greens
And and and....

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

I picked the soft colors. I love pastels. But I have learned to add white and a bright spot of yellow so it doesn't get too monotonous. And since I have been gardening seriously and listening to other DG members (and reading...if you've seen my latest article about Gertrude Jekyll), I've learned to LOVE orange flowers. A favorite combo is now orange and purple...add some chartreuse foliage and you're in business. I had to learn to do the same thing in quilting...push my color palette out of my comfortable box. It's well worth it. Now, if I could just get it to work in the garden...have a nice photo (that I can't find at the moment) of coral reef poppies (supposed to be, well, coral, but came out all shades of orange) with victoria blue salvia. just couldn't manage the chartreuse.

Thumbnail by grampapa
Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

here's the salvia, looks blue here but has a much more purple cast in the garden

Thumbnail by grampapa
Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

and another shade of the 'coral' poppies...I think this is what they are supposed to look like (or at least close)

Thumbnail by grampapa

Nice poppies, Grampapa. I may need to try more poppies since I like those colors too. Last year I paired together Heliotrope 'Fragrant Delight' and Butterfly Weed. It looked nice and smelled good too.

Thumbnail by valrita
Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

I like to mix it up very cottage style. But when my poppies and larkspur reseed and come up together, I think it is my favorite combo by Mother Nature. http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltdiva/2221453766/in/set-72157600226371125/
I love it when the larkspur reseed by the Stella daylilies too.

Thumbnail by cactuspatch
Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

I like for my beds to follow the color wheel.... although last year I did plant another plant that was completely different color and it really was beautiful. sorry I didn't take a picture it was late in the season. Got to love those clearance plants.....LOL

Janet

Bedford, TX(Zone 8a)

Pink roses with bluebonnets are the combination in my garden at the moment. It's the finest spring combination in a Texas garden.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

I used to be all about any shades of blue which when younger I would do the yellow and white and in other places pinks and purples. For the past few years I've been really liking hot pinks, fuchsia, pure yellows, bright oranges and lime greens--I call them citrus colors. Blue is still a favorite but the gaudy colors are calling:lol:

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I love darks against light colors.
This garden was new last year so I put in coleus to shade the weeds.
Mahogony Giant is great with white impatiens

Thumbnail by ge1836
Abington, PA(Zone 6b)

Yellows and Reds definetlly.

Hot tones.

White Lake, MI

Blue and yellow.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

They do play well together.

Thumbnail by pirl

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.