Squirrel Pics...VOL. 9

Melbourne, FL

He sure has destroyed that feeder.

Orlando, FL

yes he has but i have about 6 or 7 that come and between them all i have feeders all over they even come and sit in my lap and eat sometimes. they become very friendly.
debi

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

That's a nice pic debi, so cool that they come sit on your lap, to eat.
Poor sad lonely squirrel, Nanny, no one wanted to come out and play?
GP love your last shot.
My Red squirrel was just having the time of his life today, running all over the place, up and down the trees. It was fun to watch.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Looking up the feeder post.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

On the feeder.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Having a drink in the pond.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

On the drift wood.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Look likes it was having a grand time!!

They are showing up earlier for breakfast these days, now that is getting warmer.

Thumbnail by nanny_56

Up and about getting breakfast.....

Thumbnail by nanny_56

and ...

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

He looks like such a Character on that last pic. So you have breakfast set up for them huh ?

Melbourne, FL

Staring squirrel.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Eating in the feeder.

Thumbnail by gardenpom

Well, I do what I can...LOL!

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

You two are such good host for your furry friend. GP love the teeth on your staring one,lol cute expression.

Hiding behind, stealing the bird's food.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

sniffing the content of the storehouse.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Had to stop and scratch an itch.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Running around the pond area.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Hahahahha. Enjoying all th epics, know that I have time to catch up.

The starign pic that what mien to to me all thought this mornign a smal lone that usualyl walks the top of the gh was goign in slow motion today for soem reason.

My neighbro was tellign it to go on and get and finally it did into the tree to do the strech out on a limb thing with the four legs hanging down.

we woud talk to it and ou coudl see it moving its mouth to talk back to me but no sound liek they normally make ya knwo the chatter chatter was coming out. I kept talkign and it stil kept talkin back just doign th emouth motions. Wonder if that normal or not?

Here, was typing on another thread an copying and pasting

THe Rest Of The Story : )

today I was out watering my Daylilies, poor things they was so dang thirsty, had to wait til I could get another hose since mine had sprung a leak.

So there I was waterign away and out the corner of my eye I see the tail of something dash past me. I thought oh heck and here I an in socks and flip flops. Yes I do wear them together. The weeds here make my feet itch liek crazy other wise, so I was tryign to decid e if I gonan be scare d or not. With the black matting i have down on groudn now too hard to see the black racer.

Well, I bolstere d my courage and continued watering. Went arudn to the back area and was waterign away there and oh no, see somethign dash again and it was under the benche s I was watering and with all the pots can't see what it was and sure wasn't gonna stick my face under there to look.

So I got the smart idea of sprayign the hos e over that area again to see if it woudl coem out from udner the benches. When I starte d waterign again I thought, Ella ya fool, what if it runs towards yoru feet whatever it is and there ya are with no hard shoes on. Ugggggggggg

Well, it did run, it ran so fast I almost missed it. Yep you guessed it I now have another newcritter in the yard to giv eme the frights . When I hear the leave s rustel or see movement I gonan be wonderign if it the snake s or this new little guy or gal.

What is funny, is evrybody was showign the cutest pics of theirs and I said I want one too. Definately a case of watch what ya wish for cuz it may come true.

Now I gott afigrue ou what this critter eats. At least I knwo what all the hole sin my yard are form now. I hope, at least I think it this creature. I gonan have to fidn otu for sure what they do.

By now your probably wodnering , what n the heck else can she have in her yard, well my new yard critter is a chippe. Chipmunk. Cute as can be. First oen have seen here in all thes e years. Have no idea where it came from, or how it got here, but it cna stay as logn as it dont destroy stuff.

I wonder what woudl happen if I said i wishe d I had an elephant. ; )

Oh...i forgot to tell ya you had a package coming....LOL!!!!

Just Kidding!!!!!! Well they BOSS and peanuts & really just about any type of bird seed. Mine eat grapes sometimes....

Congrats on the Chippie, Ella!

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Ok, I don't have no bird seed here. Stil have a few pecan nuts and do have soem grape s in fridge I could throw out.

Why do they make so many holes.

That I don't know for sure...but you may have more than one. They constantly hoard food. That's they way their little brain is wired. I have seen ours bring seed out of one hole and take it to its main hole where it lives by the front porch. So they may be for storage.

Couple pics from last year...eating grapes...

Thumbnail by nanny_56

Oh they love corn too!!

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

I just ran out and three some grape s otu that was older and startign to shrivel.

I don't have no corn or nothign liek that wonder if i cna get soem that my little fellow wil have ot eat and not the squirrels. They gott aeat the nut s and keep me from bustign my tush in the fall.

Edite d to say. Forget to mention that the secodn pic is too cute. look at them big poofe d out cheeks. LOL

This message was edited Apr 29, 2009 7:39 PM

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Starlight, careful what you wish for!!! How are you doing with the cat scratches and allergies?

Essex Junction, VT(Zone 4a)

a chipmunk decided to model for me. here it is peeking out of the waterfall rocks, checking me out.

Thumbnail by evie_beevie

"she seems alright, let's come out and see"

Thumbnail by evie_beevie

"OK, a little more"

Thumbnail by evie_beevie

"Hey, I like this attention! How's this pose?"

Thumbnail by evie_beevie

"Uh-oh, something moved, but try to look cool why hiding"

Thumbnail by evie_beevie

"Wait, let me touch up"

Thumbnail by evie_beevie

"OK, how about now? Looking attentive, aren't I?"

Thumbnail by evie_beevie

"OK, a natural setting shot. How do I look?"

Thumbnail by evie_beevie

"Uh-oh, something moved. This is it lady, time to go home. Thanks for the fun."

Thumbnail by evie_beevie

Those are cute!! I didn't get any pics, but I went out awhile ago to freshen the bird feeders and came across momma and baby chipmunk in the yard. Momma took of of course. Baby didn't know it should be afraid and hung around for a minute before leaving!

This from sunday morning...just getting up and heading down from the nest. I am standing in my front room to take the shot.

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Hahahahha Evie! Cute shot s and love d the comentary to go with them.

I forgot to go out and look and see if my chippy ate the grape s i threw out there last night.

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Awwwwwww so adorable, Evie Nice pictures.

Orlando, FL

i was trying to keep the squirrel in one area and the birds can have there own spot, well i put the bird feeder in the floss silk tree (filled with spikes) the squirrel feeder is on a pole. i guess the spikes didnt stop this little guy. oh well.

Thumbnail by blondhavmofun
Orlando, FL

he better watch the running around in this tree. one wrong move

Thumbnail by blondhavmofun
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

They're smart aren't they? Never seen a tree like yours. Looks mean. Great photos.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.