Squirrel Pics...VOL. 9

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Glad your chippy is alive & well pelle!!

A few shots of Squirrels on my walk yesterday...

Thumbnail by nanny_56

Their ability to travel in the trees is soooo amazing!

Thumbnail by nanny_56

This one looked so cozy sitting up there ..like a cat in the window.

Thumbnail by nanny_56

Back at home, one heading in for a bite ot eat!!

Thumbnail by nanny_56

This is the one the goes up the tree and then watches me thru the window. When I come over to the window and look back he takes off!!

This message was edited Mar 18, 2009 10:36 AM

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Here you guys check this out. heheheh

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=6291594

Now that is FUNNY!!!! Thanks Starlight!

Melbourne, FL

Just a few pics from today.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Thumbnail by gardenpom

Nice ones GP!

Chippie playing the 'cute card' ....

Thumbnail by nanny_56

Squirrel is not buying it!!!

Thumbnail by nanny_56

Time for an afternoon snack!

Thumbnail by nanny_56

This one was enjoying some nice spring tree buds the other evening.

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

gardenpom. yoru first pic, looks liek he is not real , like he so still coudl be garden art. : ) teh secodn one doign the strech make s me tired thinkign abotu hwo i eed to get to exercising. LOL

Nany yoru chirpy looks liek if he syuffed oen mroe piece of food in hsi mouth he woudl explode. Got them full cute cheeks that make ya wanna pinch em. heheheheh

Ya knwo I noticed, they eatign my trees too I walk alogn and find bit sand peice s of the new leave s and branch ends al lover the ground.

Melbourne, FL

I love when they pose like that....what they are really doing is "checking out" for my cats and dogs.

Yup, they stop and see if our little yapper is out there before the get in the yard! lol

Dallas, GA(Zone 7b)

Can anyone help a injured baby squirrel in Ga. i found her yesterday on the ground on her back. My cat unfortunately found the sibling. I have called wildlife rehab people and they can not take her. I have also called 2 vets. She appears to have a broken leg or paralized leg I think maybe from the fall there are no obvious signs of cat marks. She is taking milk from a dropper well. Not interested in millett and seeds. I was told they are illegal to keep as pets if the leg doesn't improve she could not be released, put her back outside and let nature take its course. Any suggestions?

Thumbnail by joan30157
Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Joan. If a rehabber or vet can't take her, I hate to say this but she needs to be put down. With a broken leg, the little thing is in alot of pain, and feedign it isn't goign to help. It eaither that or take out someplace and release and let nature handle it.

It unfornunate that it happened, but it that or call vet and ask how much he woudl charge to put it out of its misery.

They illegal to keep as pets in part because of the rabies. Soon as the squirrel is able to move about it could and probably will bite you and you'll have to have rabie shots.

If I was able to afford vet bill would go that way., instead of the thign slowly starvign to death or beign capture dby a predator.

As much as we hate seeign anythign hurt or injured, sometimes we have to be merciful, even though we cry buckets of tears for them.

I don't know what to tell you...it must be heartbreaking for you I am sure. If you end up putting it back out, I would put it somewhere you will not have to view whatever happens...

Bartlesville, OK(Zone 6a)

I am afraid I agree with starlight! I know how very heart breaking this is. I have raised baby squirrels and grew so attached to them. I have a rehabber now that takes them so I don't have to get so attached.

I am so sorry you are having to go through this and I am sorry the baby is too.

Hugs,
Susan
=^..^=

I have asked jylgaskin who is a rehabber to contact Joan.

Dallas, GA(Zone 7b)

Jylgaskin has contacted me and been very helpful. I just got back from the vets they refused to see her. Suggested I tie her in a plastic bag and put her in the freezer. She is much weaker now I have her warm and I think she will go naturally on her own soon. Thanks for all your thoughts

That is so sad that the vets would not at least humanely euthanize her. You and your little friend will be on my mind tonight. Let us know, okay.

Bartlesville, OK(Zone 6a)

OMG!!! Is that a humane way to let a little squirrel go???? I am appalled. I know they do fish that way (can't do that either) but MG!!

Well, then just hold her and send your loving energy into her and send her on her way with comfort.

That just makes me cry.

=^..^=

Dallas, GA(Zone 7b)

Thank you all for your kind words and advise. Rain died quietly just a little while ago she was warm dry and safe. Thanks again

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

What a sad story.

You are good person with a gentle heart. You did what you could. Bless you & little Rain.

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

How sad...

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Joan ,sorry to hear about the little one, she was such a cutie. But, at least she died in loving hands, with someone who cared about life. It's probably best that way.

GP loved the last shots you've put up. The one hanging down shows, how well they can grip at a tree.

Nanny, you make me miss my chippy, he should be showing up soon. The snow has been melting steadily last week, and this week. Rain in the forecast for tomorrow, so more should be melting down.
Will post pictures later, have to upload pictures from my camera first.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Ahhhhhh, Joan, sorry for yoru little friend loss. Can't belive the vet wouldn't help. You tried and sure somewhere down the line, you wil be greatly rewarded for yoru tryign to help. Sittign here all teary -eyed with ya. As frustrated as I get with mine and fuss and complain abotu them, I worry abotu them too and would be tryign to help one of them. ((((((Hugs)))))))

Melbourne, FL

Another watchful squirrel.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Running squirrel.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Eating happily.

Thumbnail by gardenpom

That first one is so cute!

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

first one is indeed watchful, but of what?:)

Here's Red enjoying sunflower seeds instead of apples, Starlings are the one eating the apples.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Searching for full seeds.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Coming down the tree. From a foggy bottom window.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Dallas, GA(Zone 7b)

I have been enjoying all the pics. It is really cool how their coat colors vary from state to state. I grew up in Michigan and we actually had some very large black squirrels. That is the only place I have ever seen them. My Aunt lived in Sturgis and they were all over we lived a couple hours away and had none.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.