Squirrel Pics...VOL. 9

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Time for a new thread here. And just in time for the start of spring which is sure to bring out all our little friends doing all their adorable antics for us to capture in pics to post and share here.

We came from here.. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/948170/

The pic used here was taken last March..and one of my favorites!

Thumbnail by nanny_56

This series of chippy pics are from last week. This acros from my house. The chipmunks & squirrels love to play on this rotting tree!

Thumbnail by nanny_56

NOW I'm up here!!!!!!

Thumbnail by nanny_56

Do you see me???

Thumbnail by nanny_56

Over here....

Thumbnail by nanny_56

All that playing worked up quite an appetite....

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

LOL... Mine are somewhat back and they chasign each other all over the place liek crazy.

Glad to hear that Starlight!!

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Nany.. I sure wouldliek tohave little chirpy for a pet. They just so adorable. : 0

Actually over in the UK the sell them as pets sames as hamsters over here. They don't have chipmunks over there! My neoghbor and I could make a fortune....lol

Beachwood, NJ(Zone 6b)

nanny, chippy in the dish is adorable! Here is Pete from the other day coming for his snack.

Thumbnail by Grandmaggie
Beachwood, NJ(Zone 6b)

Another

Thumbnail by Grandmaggie

So glad to see Pete is still around!!

Chippie's name is Evil...long story... but he was really annoying the squirrels yesterday morning trying to get his share!!

Thumbnail by nanny_56

sorry thru the window...

This message was edited Mar 13, 2009 12:55 PM

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

I have to tell ya guys I got the scare of my life this morning.

I was here on the puter and heard next door holelring at the dogs so knew she had left them off their leashes and they was runnign wild. I here the thump thump on my font steps and porch and a bang bang on my front dorr. Knew it was Nikka wantign to coem in and crash on my couch and grab a snack, since she used to be a house dog.

Well, I wasn't gonna let her in today. I was busy. Well I hear bang bang a bit later on my front door and went to open it to tell nikka to go hoem to her babies and instea dof findign a german shepard at my door, I came face to face with a squirrell hangng upside down.

it the oen that keeps runnign on roof and down the sid eof my trailer, insread of goign down tree. Gues s he mis judged a bit this morning and foudn himself on the front door instea dof the kitchen window next to it.

I don't knwo who wsa more scare d me or him. His yees opene dwide and he froze and so did mine. We looked at each other for a minute and I slowly trie d to back up and get camera and after givign me a weird look abotut he stuipd human he went on down the porch to the ground to hunt nuts.

OMYGOSH!!!!!! LOL...I bet that did give you a good scare and him too!!! That will have me chuckling all night starlight...lol

Melbourne, FL

I'll add a few taken today. Love the relaxed look here.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

A squirrel on each feeder.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Munching a peanut.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Olympic gymnast.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Female with lunch.

Thumbnail by gardenpom

gotta love the experssion on the face of this one today!!

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Melbourne, FL

You would think winter was coming! Maybe he can squeeze a little more in there!

Marlton, NJ

Great pics guys! Love Chippy nanny! Haven't seen mine out yet.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Love all your pics Nanny!
And thanks for starting a new thread :)
Here's one of our latest squirrel pics...I couldn't resist putting captions on it...

Thumbnail by SusanLouise

That is priceless Susan!!

Essex Junction, VT(Zone 4a)

Great stuff so far. Glad to say I saw the chipmunk today, first sighting this year. Proof it is finally warming up!

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Funny faces and postures in your pics. Love em.
Red came out of hiding today as well. Was wondering if the tunnel under the snow was his or the skunk, that come around almost every night. But this shows who's the owner.

here's his answer. MINE

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Having a lunch in this den.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Going up on the post, at the corner of the yard.

Thumbnail by burn_2007

Oh it's so good to see your little one...and so cute in there!! My squirrels are just not hanging around much and it is so warm, they come later in the morning, eat a bit and are gone!

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

They must be busy, making babies, this time of year. Your chippy is so cute , I could pinch his cheeks.

They have had their babies already here...not sure how long the little ones stay in the nest. So that could be why they aren't hangin around.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Gardenpom.. LOL that first pic. I woudl love to be that squirrel right now, he loosk so compfy.

The olymic gymnist gets a 9.5 LOL

Susan. hahahahaha what a pic.

Burn. that first den opic is so cute. Love the expression on his face. maykes ya wanna go ahhhhhh.

Still can't get over squirells having groudn dens and neat that ya foudn the homes.

Marlton, NJ

Great pics everyone!

Susan, Your squirrels are getting like ours challenging the Hawks!

Nanny, I saw our Chippy the first time today.

burn, I love those dens!

Melbourne, FL

Thanks starlight, here are a couple I took today.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Another peanut monster.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Gp I really love the one before last, and the lazy one up top, those would make great calendar pic.
Susan quite a stand off between the two, I'm sure the hawk is thinking snack, by his expression.
Thanks for your comments everyone.

He found a piece of bread, near his hole.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Standing by the side of the shed, on alert because I was outside on the deck.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

On top of the post he was climbing yesterday.

Thumbnail by burn_2007

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.