Today's Weather in Your Garden - 41

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

62 and sunny. Rain later.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

snow is really melting here!

Thomaston, CT

The high today was 57---walked 2 miles behind the dam--will only do that on weekends when people are around---too secluded otherwise----there was still some snow back there, but not much---we have spots left, but should go after the rain. Cleaning out the garden, Victor! Oooh, how I wish I could!

Just in from some more cutting back and cleaning up. Overcast now, but still warm. 61.

Snow tomorrow Currently: 51°F Partly Cloudy

Melting but not fast enough. Can only see edges of the lawn but no lawn

Thumbnail by

Starting to rain lightly. We need a good soaking to get rid of the remaining crappy snow and wash off the salt.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

No rain yet..hit 72 but 61 right now and cloudy

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

i was nice out there today - still snow in the backyard - was able to trim all the jm's today

How much trimming do you do? Just dead wood and crossing branches, etc?

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Brought my potted roses out of the garage and pruned them - the leaf buds were about to open!

Absolutely fabulous weekend. I took the plants I had started inside and put them out on the blacktop driveway for a few hours to start toughening them up.

We were all teased though. Way too early to expect this to be the norm.

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Of course - but on warm sunny days, it is great to take the little plants out.

BTW the daffodils on the terrace are emerging. Last year they looked fabulous! Alas, last year was a very stressful year, so not much in the way of photographs. I hope the daffs put on a good show this year.

I wasn't complaining!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

i'll post some pic's when i get a chance to take them - did more trimming of the CQ out front and the one in back although that one is still in snow - i also cleaned out all the dead branches - the bloodgood out back had a LOT of dead branches - it did not do well last year - some folks (david) on the jm site think it is deceased - i think it got wet feet from all the rain and all the added soil i put in the bed made it lower to the surrounding plants - i will dig it up and raise it this spring and hope for the best.

Try beating on it!

South Hamilton, MA

In the 50s & more melting--no sign of flower buds on snowdrops now that they are cleared of snow again. It's too late, I don't think flowers this year. the daffs in front of our roadside stone wall are showing more green. because of the wall, they are earlier than our others. Freezing rain & sleet predicted for the morning. 1-3" of snow for the afternoon--Yum!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

43 now and they said we can get thunderstorms... going up to 47 supposed to rain for most of the day

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

not loving that day 10

Thumbnail by onewish1

Been snowing for an hour! 3-6" expected.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

yuck

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Thursday looks cold here, too. Rain until then.

Sunrise: 6:37

Cloudy and Windy, 36ºF (feels like 23º) ; High, 39ºF ; Low, 28ºF
Wind: 28 mph, direction SW
Pressure: 29.71 in, rising
Humidity: 93%, Dew point: 34ºF
Visibility: 10.0 mi, UV-index: 0, Low

Sunset: 19:15

Measured: Mar/9/09, 06:38

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

No snow here, it looks like it will miss us for the most part. Yippee!
Just a dusting to an inch or two....I can handle that.

Cloudy : 27°
Barometer:29.99 in and steady
Humidity:57%
Visibility:10 mi
Dewpoint:16°
Wind:NNE 8 mph
Sunrise:7:02 am
Sunset:6:37 pm

Clouds are steadily rolling in but the sunrise fought it all the way.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

High of 38 today, melt snow, melt!

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Pretty Pretty!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Thank you kind Sir!

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Oh ... no .... .Thank YOU, kindest Ma'am!

Beautiful, Celeste. Is that the oak?

43 and raining.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Yes it's the Oak, took some hits in the ice storm.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I wanted to do some transplanting so of course its raining and the temp will drop from 44-32 today with snow and rain mixed.
You know the kind, not a big threat.
I checked the reservoire for the fountin to see if it needed water and its full and there is a frozen chunk that cant be broken.
I'll let that job pass for a few more weeks,then bail it out down to three inches.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

they are talking about 5 inches of the white stuff here today.

South Hamilton, MA

Snow AGAIN! It was supposed to start as rain & started as snow. We are on the line between 1&3" or 4-6". DH went out & topped up our larder instead of the usual Monday shopping.

4" now but winding down.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Sorry to hear about your snow Iris. Its just cold here-in the 40's. No snow pedicted, but it's only March. We had snow in April for the baseball season before.

South Hamilton, MA

Snow has stopped, supposed to comence again this afternoon. Melting tomorrow? I hope so.

Mona in Metcalfe, ON(Zone 5a)

we got a quarter inch if that its snowing and the sun is shining lol strange weather

after such a nice weekend of tshirts and bbq lol
cant wait for more of that

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

It's snowing again! And it's sticking to the ground!

Thomaston, CT

We had snow most of the day, but only a small accumulation on the grass---nothing on the roads---but we went one town to the north, & snow on the road---very slippery stuff, because of moisture. Now the sun is out, but still 35, & raw---March, for sure!

Mona in Metcalfe, ON(Zone 5a)

its has stopped my way and now its melting

What a downer after the past two days. Overcast and 42.

I could see parts of the lawn and now its all white. Baaaa

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.