iris swap.TB enter name to be a part of...

Santa Ynez, CA

here is the list so far of people, there are some that have written on this thread but did not say if they want to be a part of it, so please tell me if you want to be so I can add you to my list....
makj
greathorse
Mshadow?
NickysIris
GreenThumbsTN
grannyh
cathysplants?
pajaritomt
mittsy
dd95172
lovelyiris
daylily96
dmac085
sharondippity
grannymarsh?
please let me know if I left someone off....

Readyville, TN(Zone 7a)

I will pass since I have so many already and I am really only interested in organized trades where we choose from each other's lists the ones we want.

Santa Ynez, CA

no problem...thanks for letting me know

Chickasha, OK

This sounds like fun! You can count me in. I have never done this before and am just identifying and tagging the iris in my garden as they bloom this year but I am sure I could come up with 4 interesting TB iris and can't wait to see what I end up with!

Winnsboro, TX

Greg with you living in Chickasha Ok. I would say you need a Chickasaw Sue Iris- names pretty close to the same. I just happen to know someone that could probably provide you with a start. LOL
This is going to be so much fun. I can't wait for the trades!
Happy Gardening, Marian

Santa Ynez, CA

I think it will be fun too and the more the merrier...

Gainesville, TX

I think maybe we could each at least make 10 or so suggestions of ones we would like to receive. That might help the sender as well as be a blessing to the receiver.

Thumbnail by sharondippity
Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

I'm hoping that I'm easy as far as choices go--the only ones I don't care for colorwise are the brown/rust colors especially if they have yellow/mustard color with them too. Those are not faves:lol:

Chattanooga, TN(Zone 7b)

I'm easy. send me some pretties (tagged please) and i'll send you some of mine.
I like surprises, hopefully i'll get something I don't already have, but more of the same ones is welcome too!

Chickasha, OK

LOL! I know I have some Chickasaw Sue out there somewhere. I should have kept better track as I planted them but I am having fun putting tags on them so far this spring. As for a list of ones I am looking for, anything will be good for me. Surely at least some of them will be new to my garden.

Santa Ynez, CA

I think when I send names out, people can state that if there an iris you can't stand let them know, we don't want someone getting something they hate....

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Or they could state what they already have, too, to avoid repetition. Would be interesting to see everyone's iris list. Some of you, may have too many to do that!

Gainesville, TX

I'd be one who has too many to list. I'm not picky at all, but I would like to trade for ones I don't have.

Thumbnail by sharondippity
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I will eventually post a list of living iris that I have -- or actually, better yet will direct the person who gets my name to my DG journal which lists everything -- or at list almost everything I have -- still posting from last year.

Santa Ynez, CA

I know what you are saying, but I too have sooooo many to list it is hard to do that, I think when we swap names we will let people go from there with there partner and figure things out, me not too fussy, and sure it would be nice to get something I do not have, but I don't want to make things too crazy either... here is Kind word

Thumbnail by makj
Cherryvale, KS

HI!!! Want you all to see Hussy!! If my partner likes SDB's I could send it as a bonus!LOL Blyth 06. Second year plant and it has 8 bloom stalks!!

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Santa Ynez, CA

sweet.....love those type that give you a big bang....

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Ooow, Nicky. I hope I am your partner! That iris is a knock out.

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

I think I will let my trade partner check my haves list and choose 10 they would like, I can then pick the best from their list.

Chattanooga, TN(Zone 7b)

10?

i thought we're trading 4?

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

I think they are listing 10 iris they WOULD like to have so if their partner has them they will send those 4.
I think....LOL
Could I join? June would be great for me....sometimes our springs are late.....seem to be getting later....

Owasso, OK(Zone 6b)

Count me in.

Owasso, OK(Zone 6b)

Posted before I meant to.
I have a bunch to trade, historics to 2008s. Can send a partial list, if anyone is interested.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I am sure lots of us would be interested, but for this trade, makj will assign us trading partners. Just post the things you want to trade in addition to this -- on a separate thread or on your trade list -- then post that you are ready to trade.

Santa Ynez, CA

good idea pajaritomt, and sure anyone who wants to be a part of this great, I think it will be fun.......

Monroe City, MO(Zone 6a)

This sounds like it's getting a little complicated.......I thought we were just going to pick out four nice ones we have and send them to our swap partner anonymously?

I guess somewhere along the line I must have misunderstood the guidelines/rules.
Is it a trade or a potluck swap?

Did I read this all wrong, then?.....sorry, but I'm a little confused (too much chocolate!)

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Oh no, she's hitting the chocolate again! No wonder she's confused! But happy.

Santa Ynez, CA

No you are right, we are still doing this pick 4 named and labeled iris, send to the person I give you the info for.....after that everyone is on their own, if you want to ask for specific ones that is on your own deal......

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Thank you for clarifying.

Santa Ynez, CA

I think this makes it fun and easy and thats what it is all about:)

Monroe City, MO(Zone 6a)

OH!!!...what a relief....I thought for sure I must have misunderstood!!..lol!
I thought for a minute that the chocolate had went to my head!! (....darn grandkids...they were suppose to eat it all at Easter!!!!)

I agree grannyh, my grandchild didn't find that chocolate that was back behind the pots and pans on the top shelf in the cabinet in the laundry room in the far corner of the basement behind the pile of clothes, that had a lock on the door.....LOL Now I HAVE to eat it.....LOL

Monroe City, MO(Zone 6a)

That's what is wrong with theses kids today.....no imagination!!

Oskaloosa, KS(Zone 6a)

I would like to join in the iris swap.

Santa Ynez, CA

redrock069, your in:)

majk, did I make the trade list?
Thank you

Santa Ynez, CA

if you want to be on it, consider yourself on:)

Winnsboro, TX

When are we going to be assigned someone to send to? I don't even remember the main points other than sending them 4 or more named irises. LOL

Happy gardening, Marian

Thumbnail by lovelyiris
Santa Ynez, CA

I thought if everyone is ok with this the cut off to be on the list will be June 1, then I will get the names together and let everyone know who to send to....sound ok???

Thumbnail by makj
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Sounds good to me. What's the pretty pink one?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.