iris swap.TB enter name to be a part of...

Santa Ynez, CA

enter your name to be a part of this, and only if you want to do it...

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I'll have to wait til next year...I've got none to swap yet :(

Santa Ynez, CA

ok, next year.... anyone else I am going to say May 1, 2009 is the cut off......sound OK???

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

count me in!!!!

they are going to be named iris right?

This message was edited Mar 2, 2009 7:38 AM

Houghton Lake, MI(Zone 4b)

I will let you know by May 1st. Still have about 1 foot of snow on top of my irises and won't know what is there until it melts. :)

Shadow

Cherryvale, KS

Count me in! Happy Monday BIF's!!

Santa Ynez, CA

sounds like I have some takers, great....yes named iris only..this should be fun:)

Chattanooga, TN(Zone 7b)

count me in. i have no clue what i'm getting into but anything to do with iris oughta be lots of fun.

Santa Ynez, CA

i think it will and that is half the fun a surprise:)

Monroe City, MO(Zone 6a)

makj, dear, you can count me in also, please. I've never done this before either, but I think it just might be fun!

Santa Ynez, CA

great!!!! grannyh will do, I think it will be.....

Readyville, TN(Zone 7a)

I'm interested. How is this going to work? Are we going to list what we have available or is this going to be pot luck?

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

pot luck is good for me, i love suprises!!!!

Gainesville, TX

count me in

Santa Ynez, CA

potluck.....I plan on choosing 4 of my great irises and using them for a swap....are there really any ugly iris?????

Marquette, MI(Zone 5a)

Do you have the guidelines/rules figured out yet ? The dates ?

Readyville, TN(Zone 7a)

I have hundreds of irises, so pot luck won't work for me as I really don't need stuff that I've already got.

Cherryvale, KS

YES there are ugly iris!!LOL Happy Tuesday BIF's!!!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Yes, I would like to join. I have about 250 iris and will make a list of those I most want. I am not sure I want to post it on my trade list though because I already have enough trading partners. Maybe I could just post it here. I warn you though. It is long.

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Count me in.

Santa Ynez, CA

I think the list thing may not work well, as we all have hundreds of iris, but picking some unusual ones maybe or some we think are "special", as you can see it can get really crazy, so that is why I would like to do the secret swap, we are only talking about 4 iris, this shouldn't make or break our collecting. I think if everyone lets me know by okay say June 1. Rules well, named TB iris only. please be honest and dig your own and think about what you are sending....is this an iris I myself would want and size etc....we don't have to be real fussy, but we want things fair for everyone in this...please feel free to add ideas etc... after all this is for all of us and we want it to be fun....this is one iris I got by way of "left overs" at our yearly rhizome sale for our club....and I was tickled to get it bloom...I will send another one the same story and it is beautiful...

Thumbnail by makj
Santa Ynez, CA

that was Concertina and this next one is little blue eyes, adorable

Thumbnail by makj
Santa Ynez, CA

just a cool shot I thought.....

Thumbnail by makj
Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

beautiful pics makj.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Was that really Concertina? I didn't realize it had horns!

Chattanooga, TN(Zone 7b)

ahh those are pretty, i love blue beards.

i don't really care what i may get or if i already have it. if i have it, it's because i like it and the more the merrier.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Yes, that is Concertina! I looked it up. It does have horns! Gorgeous!

Santa Ynez, CA

concertina is a great little iris, small but mighty, I have several in different places and so far three different one's in different places are blooming now....to say it is a re-bloomer is an understatement. great grower and a beauty to boot.

Monroe City, MO(Zone 6a)

One of the Iris that I already know I have extra of is TB Iris 'EPICENTER'.....is this the kind you are referring to?

Thumbnail by grannyh
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Epicenter is a knock out. I bet that would qualify.

Gilbertsville, KY(Zone 7a)

Count me in.

Santa Ynez, CA

grannyh YES!!!!! see that is a wonderful iris and who would be disappointed to get that....

Monroe City, MO(Zone 6a)

Oh good!!!...I wasn't sure how new everyone wanted them to be in order to be in on the swap and EPICENTER is dated back to 1994.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I can only speak for myself, but I would like anything for about the past 20 years if it is interesting.

Santa Ynez, CA

I agree, there are some awesome iris from several years ago, and hey lets face it they are just as beautiful today as they were then...

Monroe City, MO(Zone 6a)

Here's a photo from 3 years ago of 'two' of our Iris beds that I had just reset. So you are really doing this swap at a good time for me, since I'll need to get in those two beds again and do a little thinning out.....it's their turn this year, you know!

I'm not sure how the 'secret swap' thing works, makj, as I have never done this before, but I'll keep checking back to this thread for more info.

I am suppose to dmail you with my list of 4 Iris before June 1st...right?

This is going to be so much fun!!

Monroe City, MO(Zone 6a)

Sorry!!!.....I had a little trouble getting the picture to go thru..!!

( ....a computer whiz I am not...lol!!!)

Thumbnail by grannyh
Santa Ynez, CA

good photo grannyh, well not that I have done this before, but I think we can figure it all out and do a swap.
I thought maybe we would just have everyone's name that wants to be in this and each person can send what they want, so even I don't know, I will select names, draw one out of hat etc...to match up people....NO ONE will know who is getting what.....

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

You know makj, that is a terrific idea. Fair and easy -- more or less -- on you. I look forward to it.

Grannyh,
Those are gorgeous iris beds -- worthy of an estate! I bet you have some outstanding iris there.

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

GrannyH, lovely photo and such a pretty bed. Mine are more natural looking rather than the manicured estate look. I do so like the sound of natural rather than weedy, don't you?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.