Mid-Atlantic Snowstorm

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Like it or not (voting for the "not" here!)...
It looks like the entire eastern seaboard is gettin' snow tonight and tomorrow.

Post your photos and amounts here when all is said and done!

Stay warm, and be safe on the roads, if you must travel!

Karen

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I'll have to check out the weather. We did have a dusting this morning but it disappeared pretty fast. Must be March coming in like a Lion.

Mount Laurel, NJ(Zone 7a)

I finally had a chance to scatter lots of poppy seeds before a snow storm ^_^

I was told to plant them before a snow storm for best results, so out they went tonight. Fingers crossed we get some poppies some day. I had a great variety from one of last years DG seed swaps.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Wind, Thanks for the tip.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

yay wind--me too I got some out the other day just for that reason, hearing that the snow would help them sprout--fingers crossed! We have a good two inches of fine sparkly whiteness already.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

ahhhh...see now i didn't know that about poppy seeds....not that I have any...but still...LOL

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Nothing....absolutely nothin' keeps Da Meeme and "Tink" from catchin' snowflakes on our tongues...

Thumbnail by Chantell
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

At least 2" thus far (midnight) in North Stafford....

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Not sure exactly how much has accumulated here - I'm sure about the same - can't wait to take pics tomorrow - I love snow, in very small dozes!

Edited to add - I am getting really frustrated with the fact that my satellite keeps resetting itself!!!!!!!

This message was edited Mar 2, 2009 12:20 AM

Crozet, VA

Hi Girls - Long time, no see. I am the one who has made myself scarce though. I am looking forward to seeing most of you at some of the planned get togethers.

I cannot say for sure how much white stuff fell last night, but everything is covered very well. and looks very pretty. I think that there is at least 3 inches from what I can see on the back deck.

I just got up to look outside and the wind is blowing like crazy. There are at least ten or twelve birds trying to stay put on the bird feeder in the back. The wind is giving them a run for their money though. Poor little gu ys.

It will be interesting to see who got what. haha

Ruby

Well... I'd say we've got a good 8" so far, but I won't do a final measure until it stops.

This was before... at 4pm Sunday afternoon...

Thumbnail by VA_Wild_Rose

And after... so far!

This is 7am this morning!

Thumbnail by VA_Wild_Rose
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

We don't have two inches yet but its reall coming down fast. This is just a sample of what is at my feeders, I bet there is close to 50 birds out there.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS

I'd say we have about four, and still coming down.
I bet ladygardener willl laugh at all of us. All the snow she gets!

Disputanta, VA(Zone 7a)

Great pics everyone. Holly, I love the shot you captured with your birds. It's been years since I've been able to enjoy such a perfect "snowman making" snow here in south central VA. Pics to follow after 3rd cup of coffee! Hope everyones work is closed so you can enjoy today too.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks Davis, that wasn't even a very good pic. When I have to go to distance I'm not very steady and I didn't bother to get out the tripod. The Cardinals are so pretty against the snow. I didn't get a pic of him but there was a Robin out there getting a drink just a minute ago. This little guy is just blowing in the wind.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Ahhh the pups are lovin' it - this is how they looked on the other side of the glass door after letting them out

Thumbnail by Chantell
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

ooopss wrong pic - that's off my deck...here's the pups

Thumbnail by Chantell

This is more snow than we've seen for several years!!
Chantell, I didn't know you had such a lovely woods view.

Chantell... LOL! They look like they are saying,
"OK, we've been out... now it's time to come back in!"

Our kitties have always enjoyed our enclosed balcony, and always run out on it when we open the door.
This morning, while making the "official measure", Virgil ran out...
and stopped!!! Up to his little shoulders in snow! ROFLMBO!!!!
He was NOT impressed!

BTW....
We have 11"!!!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Believe it or not the selling point for me on this townhouse was the view to the back and my bathroom...sad, eh? Oh yeah, and it was the ONLY one available where at least 3 of the kids could stay in the same school...
Chloe, DD and I went out to play and look what we say at the top of our hill...a winter wonderland (note THIS is the hill that plants get transplanted to that end up too big for my yard...LOL

Thumbnail by Chantell
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Pre - snow angel position

Thumbnail by Chantell
Shenandoah Valley, VA

I think we probably have around 5 inches here but the road was clean nice and early.

Love the snow dogs, Chantell. LOL

Years ago I had a dog that was half pug, she was slightly larger than a pug. I took her out for a walk and it had snowed probably 10-12 inches and that had drifted around so hilly areas looked flat. She stepped off into the grassy area and disappeared in the snow that was over her head. I had to fish her out using the leash as a fishing line. She didn't like that one bit.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Diane - we had our previous Pit Bull back when we had that really bad storm...was it 97'?? She ran off the deck and poof she disappeared as well...too funny....the Bull Mastiff went in after her and made a tunnel
Here's DD with Chloe on make shift sled - better known as a boogie board....ghetto, I know.

Thumbnail by Chantell
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Chantell, what a cute pic that sure is one sweet Snow Angel. That shot of the woods behind your house is beautiful.
Just got off the phone with Mom, she lives 20min away North and a bit West they only had a dusting very fine and it just blows away no shoveling for them. It's still coming down here but is slacking up a bit.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Funny those of us south got so much - kinda the opposite of the norm

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7b)

Great, just what we needed. Last time it snowed like this in March, when was that?? 1980??

A day home from school and all engagements cancelled. I am enjoying it, of course, and the house is shaking with an energetic 9-year-old who is playing basketball in the living room. The old hardwood floors really play up a tune.

I'm gonna try to get some pictures while it is still white and pretty.

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

Hello Everyone
Chantell that snow angle photo ... you've got to save it for the rehearsal dinner slide show that your little snow angel will someday have. That and the catching snow flakes are great memorable shots!

Our daughter lives near Scranton - I will need to call and find out if she is making memories out in the snow. (I bet she went to work --nothing stops her --she should have been a mailman! )

Fox
Falls Church - is that a good town to visit?
Do you have an active downtown or historic district

I am always looking for new places to visit that are not too far beyond a day's trip. Mostly like busy downtown areas, foot traffic, small locally run shops, etc.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

My backyard this afternoon:

Thumbnail by Kubileya
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

More of my backyard. I think we got about 6 inches.

Thumbnail by Kubileya

here's ours

Thumbnail by missingrosie

and another - looks cold! (is cold!!)

Thumbnail by missingrosie
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

I know...just makes ya wanna heat of a vat of cocoa - grab a blankie and watch some movies

RICHMOND, VA(Zone 7b)

I just sent my "doggies in the snow to the Mid Atlantic thread - however, there are 7 of them, and all but the 15 yr old vote "yes" they love it. Including my "no" (since I've been drip drying Bichons loaded with big chunks of snoballs all day), that makes six "yes" and two "no"!

Thumbnail by Pollygardening
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

We had about 6 with more expected tonight.

Thumbnail by flowAjen
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Can I come in????

Thumbnail by flowAjen

Polly
You should have tied a big red bow on him -- with all that white snow --he may have gotten lost. (I say he but forgive if it's a she.)

Jen - isn't it neat the way the snow piles up on the table?

Awww...open up the door..

Richmond, VA(Zone 7a)

I haven't seen the official amounts yet, but based on the deck and cars it looks to be about 8". A little late, but welcome.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.