Hummers in the Rockies 2009

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

That's what I've been doing, bringing it in at night only today it was afternoon cause I did not want to be out there anymore! mine is plastic too but a tad fancier......... oh well, I don't know what hummingbirds do for their midnight snacks in this kind of weather and I did in fact just type midnight snakes but caught myself just in time.

Dahlia what a gorgeous little house with flowers, I want one of everything! especially that honeysuckle! Yum!

Carson City, NV(Zone 6b)

My feeder has a 4:1 water to sugar mix and it freezes at exactly 24°. I have accidentally left it out a few times this spring when it got colder than that and it forze but didn't break. It has a glass bottle but the sides are tapered so the ice pushes up into the air space at the top of the bottle instead of out to the side. Thanks for reminding me that I need to bring it in tonight since it's almost certainly going to be colder than 24° tomorrow morning.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Whoa! it seems I've been pushing the envelop and will bring mine in now if it's dippy. Thanks Katlian

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Ah, perfect, this is exactly the precise info I was hoping someone knew! Mine is 4:1 also and the 24 helps..... I could leave it out some of the times I was worried about..... but tonight NOAA predicts 23.....

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

DN, what a lovely sort of cottage garden you have going on there with the honeysuckle, and is that cosmos also? Very pretty!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Red ones? Painted daisys http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/856/. They are floppy but this whole bed is my spring hummer bedazzling attempt. I have a whole other fall hummer bedazzling attempt. I'm on a migratory route so I have only have windows to bedazzle them in spring and fall.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

If I were a hummer, I'd be bedazzled!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

From your lips to the hummers teensyweensy ears ^_^ Thanks Brenda.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Looks like hummer heaven to me! Might be any creature's heaven.

Santa Fe, NM

Very pretty garden shed and honeysuckle vine, Dahlia!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.