Think Spring! Share your photos :-)

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

nope, sorry, meant rcn's photo above.

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

LOL! I agree with Becky, the flowers are basically "insignificant", but when I saw them at Selby almost changed my mind. The collection of pots in the photo were arranged in one of the darker areas and the flowers from a distance looked like they were glowing with all that lush foliage surrounding them, like tall candles - stunning!

I'll be waiting for the official word on arrival of tropicals at DPF :) Not sure if we should really be spending any money this year for "nonsense" but since we weren't able to get away for our trip to Florida, we might just deserve the break before the busy spring kicks in!

Brunswick, MD(Zone 6b)

Debbie, oh please let us know if you come to DPF. I'm sure those of us who are close by would love to meet up with you if possible.

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7b)

Wow, rcn!! That plant is spectacular!!! I do think the flowers are interesting, especially in airy sprays like your Florida subject. Just not the complex beauty of phalenopsis (spelling) or catleyeas. Too bad, but it can win a prize for foliage alone!! Too bad we missed you at the swap, rcn. You'll have to make the next one.

Thanks for the Latin name, Critter and the article reference. I'll Google around for more tidbits--thanks, Becky.

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

:)) I'll definitely let you know if I'm in the area. Probably not going to happen, but you never know!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Debbie - you know I'm more then happy to "attempt" (attempt being the keyword) to root any "nonsense" that might be of interest to you in my humble collection - to help fill your "tropical" space.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I went to a flower show today in sussex county NJ... here are some photos

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/962679/

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Thanks for sharing those pictures, Did you buy that Tricolor Geranium?
I had one last year and loved it, sadly I did not have luck wintering it over. I did winter over 3 other geraniums, they are potted up and growing now. But I loved the colors of the leaves of the Tricolor.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

yes I had to have it

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

oh and I took my chances with my geraniums from last year... I didn't get to take them out of the pots.. but they are straggly now... but still alive... going to cut them back and hope for the best

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Great photos and beautiful Orchids! There was a really weird one in Photo 41 in the lower left corner, do you know what it is? Drimia maculata in #68 looked interesting also, had to look it up - had never heard of it and I like that spotted foliage!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.