Live streaming webcam of Eagle Nest w/ 3 Eggs!!

Marlton, NJ

OMG, has everyone seen how big these eaglets are?

Marlton, NJ

Their getting banded Monday!!!

http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/eaglecam/

Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

awww, will we get to see that happen?

Marlton, NJ

That I'm not sure of but I'm thinking probably not because they bring them down to do many other things. We'll see; if not maybe the biologist will have pics.

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

last year it was veiwable on the web.

They are huge aren't they!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melbourne, FL

I'd love to see that, but I'll be working Monday.

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

Parent just dropped off a small fish. After it left the older one ~looked~ and LOOKED and finally crept up and mouthed it, It started nibbling on it but it was closest to the mouth end. It has gotten closer now and is really working on it's breakfast now.

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

It has walked away now and the fish doesn't look like the big guy has learned to bite yet. It tried. It certainly knows that "this is food" and it got many good tongue-fulls of the flavor. It tried to pull at the fins and I think that these babies just do not have any strength to their bites yet.

It is a learning process for them to learn how to feed themselves.

Melbourne, FL

The banding has been pushed to Wend.....good news for me, I should be able to watch some of it.

Cool... me too!

Oh....it's breakfast time!

Melbourne, FL

Just watching and they were having dinner....the oldest baby was actually feeding himself occasionally, reaching down and pulling up some food. The youngest would reach and pull, but needed help.

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

The parent started tidying the nest and the chicks started "helping". So funny.

Marlton, NJ

I saw that too. :-)))

Assonet, MA(Zone 6b)

I feel so privileged each time i view them. It's truly awesome. Thank you so much Pelle. :)

Banding today at 10

i'm in the event chatroom now!!

that's 10am Eastern don't forget

Climbers are getting equipment ready and the bucket truck is under the tree.

FYI.

Ohhh....did you see that one standing up on his feet and stretching its wings!! Almost tipped right over on its head!! LOL

How cute!

This message was edited Apr 22, 2009 10:07 AM

They are up getting them!!!

This message was edited Apr 22, 2009 10:37 AM

how cool is this!!

The first one is a male.

Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed
Melbourne, FL

Did they seem frightened when the men came up to get them? And what did the parents do?

The parents have been circling.

The eaglets were scared at first, but then it took so long to secure the lines that they went back to sleep.
Here was a capture of them when startled.

There are two males and one undetermined sex.

Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed

Here's an excerpt

Norfolk Botanical: The 3rd eaglet is a male
Norfolk Botanical: Measureing the wings
Norfolk Botanical: Weighing the eaglet
Norfolk Botanical: It is sitting up and looking around
Norfolk Botanical: posing for photographers
Norfolk Botanical: Dr. Watts is taking the 3rd eaglet to the visitors behind the barriers - much cheering on their part.
Norfolk Botanical: by doing this he is comfortable that it is not stressed

Here's another of when the men first got up there. I'm going in reverse.

Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed
St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

I haven't been able to get the website, it must be full. are all 3 males?

It's so funny, they are all at the fence with the public having their pictures taken. They are calm! I wish I could be there. Linth are you there???

;)

Not they didn't seemed frightened when they picked them. No when the guys first came up they all stood up and spat or whatever and flapped their wings a bit. But it took several minutes for the men to get ready and load them so by the time they put them in the bag they had settled back down in the nest. Parents were nowhere to be seen on the camera.

The sex of one of them could not be determined because the measurements were inbetween. So there are two males and one unknown.

Melbourne, FL

Thanks for the pics, I missed the first part, my internet was down.

Is it know if the sex unknown chick is the last chick to hatch?

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

I about had a heart attack when I first looked in on the nest......I forgot that it was Wed.! How do you get into the chat room for this? I looked all around and am lost. All I can find are the nest cam and the blog.

Melbourne, FL

I wish they would hurry and get them back in their nest. I assumed it would be done quickly and they would go back to the nest none the worse for wear. I did not go to the chat room because you have to sign up first.

This message was edited Apr 22, 2009 10:18 AM

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

Workers are at the nest now.

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

Babies are back on the nest and the workers are leaving. And yeah, GP, I don't like having to sign up and give any infor either, so I won't go to the chat.

All done now. Nap time.

Here's a picture of one of the climbers getting his picture taken at the nest.

Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed
Melbourne, FL

Those men were so lucky to be able to do something like that. Hopefully that will be the last time a human ever touches them. (The Eagles, not the men). The men wouldn't be too happy about that, would they?

This message was edited Apr 22, 2009 10:35 AM

I don't think the one that is unidentified is the last to be born because they said it was bigger than a male, but "younger" than a female. Maybe they meant inbewteen.

Melbourne, FL

That was funny when they each took turns holding an Eaglet and snapping a pic. I'm surprised the parents have not returned. Is that the oldest one standing guard?

This message was edited Apr 22, 2009 10:39 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.