Live streaming webcam of Eagle Nest w/ 3 Eggs!!

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

That has to be a very cool job except for climbing waaay up that swaying tree! LOL

Loved the way the one was talking to them and touched them before he left....made me tear up.

No doubt the adults are being cautious.

This message was edited Apr 22, 2009 11:40 AM

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

I am inpatient for the parents to come back and check on them. I guess that there are still a lot of folks on the ground upsetting them.

South/Central, FL(Zone 9a)

You don't have to do anything to get into chat but put in a nickname for yourself. They don't require you to have a password unless you want to. : ) You can even chat if you want to, or....... just read.

Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

The event chat was restricted to read only. Only the moderator commented. It was fun though. At the height I think there were 366 in the event chat room.

Nanny, I did the same thing when he touched that eagle. too cute. I was so surprised how docile they were after a while. Not a care in the world. went back to napping. too funny.

I cant get thing to work to sign up for the chat. It keeps disconnecting from the server.

South/Central, FL(Zone 9a)

I came out of chat, and now I can't get back in. Probably, too many on the server now.

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

You must have already registered then. It is asking for first and last name, zip code, date of birth, gender, and e-mail address. I think that they are asking for too much information so I'm not going to register with them.

Has anyone seen the parents?

i did not have to register, I was able just to sign in with a display name.

here is the live transcript of the banding:
http://www.wvec.com/cams/eagles/eagletbanding09.html

You'll see that two adults were observed overhead.

Marlton, NJ

Well I'm so glad everything went well. I'm sure it's exciting for the guys too.

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

Parent is feeding them now.

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

I cannot get the eagle cam to show for me and have been so frustrated since losiing my old computer. I could see them with it......cannot figure out why and DELL is of absolutely no help...they are in Philipines and have no understanding of American English.....I am totally frustrated over my computer now...and used to enjoy it.....I loved watching these Eagles sit on the eggs, etc and now when there are eaglets....cant even view them.....I thought the eagle cam was out, but apparently those issues have been fixed as it does seem that most of you are able to view the nest activity.....oy vey!

St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

Birdie, today was bad for watching, their servers must have been slammed. I only got on once for about 10 seconds.

Melbourne, FL

That's weird, because I got off and on all day and never had a problem.

FYI, they've posted the video of the banding…

http://www.wvec.com/video/index.html?nvid=354193

Sheri, I forgot to mention that if you are having problems, be sure to work through the technical support page.

http://www.wvec.com/cams/eagle-tech-help.html

Melbourne, FL

Amazing how big those "babies" are. Those talons are huge! In the nest it is hard to judge size, but not so when they are being held by a human.

I was surprised by that, too.

omg. that is precious!

So cool, I would have loved to be there.

awwwww......how cool! Would love to be one them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PERTH, Australia

One of whom, Nanny, the guys or the eaglets?

Melbourne, FL

It amazes me how well these guys are doing....and when I watch I don't see any bullying. These two parents are taking excellent care of every Eaglet. They are all getting plenty of food. It used to be hard watching the Washington State Eaglets, because the bigger one would actually beat down the smaller one whenever they were being fed. Both managed to survive, and if I remember correctly, the smaller Eaglet was actually the first to take flight.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Sure! Wouldn't you want to get out of that nest as well? Who wants to be picked at during dinner?

LOL...Margaret!!! One of the guys....being an eagle would be to much hard work for me!!!!

The nest is not looking so big these days.....lol

I thought you might like to HAVE one of the guys! ;)

Ahhhhh.....well, there again more work than I would like. It's taken me this long to get this one trained right. I sure don't want to start over!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL :)

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

They sure are getting big!

Marlton, NJ

I was watching them sleep yesterday.

Chesapeake, VA(Zone 7b)

The one in front right now looks like he's having a hard time standing, I wonder if the others are picking on him?

Marlton, NJ

This is from the biologist blog.

A check on the eaglets this morning show them to be doing well...continuing to practice walking on their feet and generally lazing in the morning sun.

i saw them stamping, hopping and some wing exercises. it was funny,

Melbourne, FL

I just noticed the oldest walking very well on his feet. Still can't believe how well these three are doing and how well they get along. That nest is getting a bit CROWDED. Maybe a second floor is needed.

I have noticed that during the day when they nap they spread out and but I just peeked in as dark is approaching, and they are all in a group like always!

Marlton, NJ

I think it's amazing that all 3 have survived so far.

Melbourne, FL

I figured by this point they were pretty safe. Besides, they are being watched all day...what kind of trouble can they get into? :)

Marlton, NJ

Here is the new thread for this.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/983736/

Bella Vista, AR(Zone 6b)

Just watched the report and video of the transmitter being placed on Azalea's back. Very interesting!

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

I just read that they will be trying their wings at 11 to 12 weeks so we're getting closer.

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

How old are they now?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.