Impending goat birth! Probably next 10 to 12 hours!

(Zone 7b)

I'm just glued to the pics and how cute she is thanks for sharing her birth Claire i just can't stop looking.
Oh can someone hand me the goggles

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Thanks Harmony! Watch out, you might find a baby goat on your doorstep one day! LOL! It's hard enough for me to leave the barn and come in to check the computer. I just want to be out there snuggling her!

(Zone 7b)

I know exactly how you feel thats the way i'am when my rabbits give birth i'm like a nervous dad waiting in the lounge.
Then i just want to pickup the bunny's and snuggle them

(Zone 7b)

I must say that first pic is just Amazing i don't see how it can get that big it looks painful "I was Like WHOA"!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I know! That's why when I went out to the barn first thing this morning I came running back to get the camera because I was thinking "Oh man, today's the day!" And it was!!

Now we get a rest until the end of April for our Icelandic lambs. But let me tell you, I am glad I had this practice run, because those lambs are going to be minimum twins, probably triplets, and 3 ewes birthing within 5 days! Oh, and all while Kelly is on his company conference in the Dominican Republic (Caribbean) and while I am in the midst of studying for final exams. Yeah, great timing.

(Zone 7b)

Wow you may need to bring in some help with those Twins, Triplets and 3 due within 5 days and of course silly me is insanely jealous of all that fun your going to have bringing all those baby's into the world *SIGH*

Clarkson, KY

Just wait til goatling (I mean Luna -which is perfect!!) starts doing her sproinging exercises!! Kids are wonderful entertainment.

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

Oh, she's beautiful! Give her a little goat kiss for me!

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

Too bad you didn't live closer, Claire. We could have play dates for Luna and Beverly! They could spring about the barnyard together!

(Zone 7b)

Claire are you still at the barn cuddling Luna??

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

ohhhh, I have been out doing stuff all day and missed the big birth..

What a beauty! I sure hope one of these girls are in the motherly way..
That looks more fun than baby chicks.... ok.. not really, just different.. but still fun.

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

I missed it too.. I'm sorry. Claire, she is beautiful.. I'm proud of the mom too.. she is a good mommy.. that's big to me. I've seen it go the other way with a first time mom too many times.. Give her a big hug for me!

Luna is perfect. Just perfect!!!!!!!!! Happy Dance!!

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

I'm late on this one - haven't be on much - but....

OH MY GOODNESS! LOOK AT THE ADORABLE BABY GOAT!

So cute! Congrats Claire!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I had my spinning guild this evening. Just checked on Luna and Stuffin and they are both doing fine. Luna was nursing when I went in. It's a cold night but she felt really warm and was quite active, so I feel OK that they will be fine for the night, especially with the heat lamps. I wanted to bring her inside and cuddle her all night long, but that wouldn't be fair to Stuffin.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

If you need any advice on the lambing just dmail MaryE. She's a pro with the sheep.
Cute baby. I figured you'd get more than one.

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

I'm wondering if Claire ended up sleeping in the barn... lol I would have.. that or both stuffin & luna would have been in the house with me..

I wonder if thats why dh put a cute wooden sign on the door..
NO GOATS PAST THIS POINT

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Apparently with first time goat moms, a single is quite common. They usually have twins on their second time, and sometimes even triplets. Our Nubians have been bred before (at their former home) so if they successfully mate with Val, our new angora buck, then we might have twins or trips from them! They will be an interesting blend - we would like a good fiber coat and good milking characteristics. We shall see!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

LOL Fran - no, I didn't sleep in the barn, but I'm about to go out and check on them.

I think the sign needs to be fixed (cross out goats, put giraffes).

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

CONGRATS!!!!! ITS A GIRL!!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! SHE IS BEAUTIFUL. ♥

(Zone 7b)

Claire hows little Luna doing?

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

She is doing awesome Harmony! I have been having such fun with her and I am bummed out to be at work today and not able to check in with her every hour or so!!

I did a new post on her "tap dance" routine on my blog here:
http://chooksiniowa.blogspot.com/2009/02/luna-talent-show.html

And here is another pic of her with her mom. (her goat mom, as opposed to me, her human mom!)

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
(Tia) Norman, OK(Zone 7a)

I GOT to quit looking at this thread. She is just SO cute. When we had goats, the 1st 8 born were all boy goats. I was like can any of you girls have girls. We still averaged more boys born than girls.

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

I'm just plain in love.

(Zone 7b)

Oh i'm glad she is doing so well and congrats again!! I enjoyed your blog too

Benton County, MO(Zone 5a)

Oh my gosh! It was so fun reading this all and seeing the sweet baby! :-) Thanks for sharing Claire. How awesome!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Thanks all. I just wish my work day was shorter so I could get home and play with her some more!

I took some video of her yesterday and am trying to learn how to upload to YouTube. I will try it tonight and if it works, I will post a link.

Oh, how very wonderful, and look at that she is already climbing!!! I don't know who looks prouder Mama goat or mama Claire!
Happy happy happy

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Okay.. I give..

My name is Joyce, and I want a goat.

Oh no.. here we go...

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

It was the tap dance pics.. it's all your fault Claire! YOU DID IT!!!!!!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Well yeah...it's my job!! I am the Barnyard Fairy. As Grownut said, I am spreading BFA (barnyard fairy allure). I will have more goats in future ZZ, just name it - Nubian, pygmy, angora, Nigerian Dwarf....what tickles your fancy?

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

pygora!

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

bridg.. thats my forte.. unless claire beats me to it... pygora is in my breeding plans.. but we must get the angoras up to shape.. so next year.. we should have a few firsts.. a beginning gen..

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Ditto on first pygoras next year here. ;-) We have our angora buck now. We just need to choose the right mommies. :-)

Brigid - will you want your goat hand-delivered? Buck, doe or wether? Color preference?

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

I know better than to argue. Doe or wether, please. No color preference whatsoever.

I FIGURE IF I CAN'T GET A D#&^(# HEN WHAT'S THE CHANCE I'LL ACTUALLY GET A GOAT!?!?!?!???

Uh oh. This little voice in my head just said, "be careful what you wish for..."

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

(((Gleeful rubbing of hands....)))

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

Please oh please oh please let the BF just keep rubbing those hands until I get the farm.

And please oh please oh please let me get that farm right away!!!

Then bring on the pygoras and barnevelders!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Whaddayathink Fran? Do you see a road trip in our future?!

ZZ (and Catscan, although she is presently absent).....wanna come? Road trip to Lumberton!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

My very first YouTube video....of Luna of course. There are 3 connected videos - one about 20 minutes post-birth, one the next day in with her mom, and one that is outside. Takes a little while to load and it is 7 minutes long, but it has a lot of cute bits!

For her more dedicated fans with time on their hands! :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8Y6pkQgucc

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

what a precious baby I want one!!!!!!!

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

well lets look at it this way.. by the time we have the goats for her.. and she has the permission and land.. we will all be ready.. and its like a great plan.. that will all come together!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.