Impending goat birth! Probably next 10 to 12 hours!

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

I don't know what I want.. I just want a goat that isn't gonna get huge, likes to play.. and I don't care about horns either.
What do I want?
Catscan? Any ideas?
Should I save a Meat goat? I saw some on Craigslist.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Meat goats can be very sweet. There is a blog about Isobelle the Beautiful Goat and she is a meat goat but she is quite lovely. They are not incredibly small though. If you want a small, playful goat, I truly suggest a Nigerian dwarf - one which has been handled frequently, or one that is young enough that you can start out that way.

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

OBERHAASLI!!!! OBERHAASLI!!!

Ok, can you see my vote! lol!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Another good option, Sue! Not as small, but great milkers! And oh so pretty!

Clarkson, KY

I'll take one of those, Sue!! Meet me in Ohio (Louis, Louis)!!!

(Zone 7b)

I like the little ones i see at the auction they are so small not much bigger than my beagle LOL

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

Oh, my I really must go! oh, baby, we must go! Is that how it goes?!.....
I've had Oberhaaslis and they are the sweetest goats, great milkers, wonderful moms.....I could go on....and on....and on...

Clarkson, KY

When Louis came home to the flat
He hung up his coat and his hat
He gazed all around
But no wifey he found
So he said, "Where can Flossie be at?"

A note on the table he spied
He read it just once, then he cried
It ran, "Louis, dear,"
"It's too slow for me here,"
"So I think I will go for a ride..."

The dresses that hung in the hall
Were gone, she had taken them all
She took all his rings
And the rest of his things
The picture he missed from the wall

"What, moving?" the janitor said
"Your rent is paid three months ahead!"
"What good is the flat?"
Said poor Louis, "Read that!"
And the janitor smiled as he read...

Chorus

Meet me in St. Louis, Louis,
Meet me at the Fair
Don't tell me the lights are shining
Anyplace but there

We will dance the "Hoochie-Koochie"
I will be your "Tootsie-Wootsie"

If you will meet me in St. Louis, Louis,
Meet me at the Fair.

Come with goat...

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

I want a road trip to Claires farm.... OH lingernot will be so happy to hear about the new addition, we have been away from the internet for a few days, and I am catching up on all the news....

Congrats Claire and baby Luna

(Zone 7b)

I laugh every time i come to the forum and theres those big udders looking at me LOL

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

I was thinking about the Chuck Berry song! lol!

(Zone 7b)

Claire how is Luna any new pics

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Luna is doing fabulously! She is jumping around all over the place and doing goat gymnastics!

Here she is on Saturday.

Her new YouTube video is posted here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Jd_RHQE7_I

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz

Lol, that little tail wag is so cute & she is so full of energy. I think she wanted to play tag!

(Zone 7b)

Thank you my son and i enjoyed seeing the adventures of Luna and she's really growing and even my son said aaawww look at the little goat.
She is so cute and active i would love to just sit and watch her play "So Cute"

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I think she likes to show off! Every time I go in the barn, she is just hanging out with her mom, and then I go up to the enclosure and start my little goat talk routine, and she goes flying around the pen and keeps running over to me, then she goes off to do a little dance, and then back to the fence. She is adorable. I swear I could sit out there all day with her. She is addictive!

(Zone 7b)

The girl likes a audience a Star is Born ;)

Deering, NH(Zone 5a)

Such a cute little baby goat. And you got to watch all the fun. That's sweet. Congratulations.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I (hicup, sob) missed everything. Little Luna hu,hu, sob, I mised her birth (pause for tissues). OMG she is so perfect Dr Dolittle Sob, hicup, sob she is so perfectly goatilicious and Mama just so trusted you to handle Luna from the getgo. I SOOOOOOOOOOOOO need goat-a-poo now.

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

I can send you some goat poo, dahlianut ;)

LOL

Lana

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

LOL Hi Wvdaisy. You're already my friend cuz you're MTMF.

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

Here's my babies born Dec 30th. Daisy on the left and Birch on the right.

Thumbnail by Wvdaisy
Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

MTMF? Guess my brain's too tired tonight to figure it out :)

Here's their momma with her first baby Petunia and Anatolian Shepherd, Hawk.

Thumbnail by Wvdaisy
Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

Oh, the momma's name is Gabby and she sure is! And here's their daddy, Bubba Bean. This pic shows him needing a good brushing. He was born without horns. I have him for sale now. Any takers ;)

Thumbnail by Wvdaisy
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Oh Dahlianut, I'm so pleased to see you drop in and Luna forgives you for not being here and she says you are always welcome to visit and get a goatiepoo fix.

WVDaisy!! Where have you been all this time?! Where were the baby goat pics in December?! Birch and Daisy are adorable!!! And Bubba Bean is beeeyyoooootiful! I wish I lived closer to you! ;-)

I could even use his fleece in spinning!!

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

I had surgery mid-December so dh and I stayed at my Mom's a few weeks. DH was home on a Saturday, called and told me Gabby had some discharge so I told him where to set her up a spot with a heat lamp. My neighbor who took great care of my critters for a month while I was recovering, called me early Monday morning to tell me we had two babies. She was sooooo excited :) As was I. Told dh he did good! Birch is for sale, too. Gabby is rebred for June I think. You can see all my critters here www.daisypatchrabbits.homestead.com

Here's Bubba Bean when he was 5 months old. You can see his pretty blue roan patches :)

Thumbnail by Wvdaisy
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I did not know there were blue goats. Cool.

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

Look at everyone's beautiful babies! [pouting] I have to wait until May/June. I'll just have to get my fix by living through you all. :-)

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

OMGosh, I wish I lived closer to you WVdaisy! I'd be purchasing a goat today!! Bubba Bean is adorable. Love your website: I accidentely made eye contact w/ your bunny. Looking away... slowly

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

WVDaisy, I checked out your site, Love your critters.

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

Thanks, y'all. LOL @ Sandy. Which bunny? I have many ;)

These are about 2 weeks old in this pic. Need to get a new pic of them. They have their eyes open now. Sorry, blurry pic, they kept moving! :) Oh, these are Holland Lop babies.

Thumbnail by Wvdaisy
(Zone 7b)

OMG! those are so cute!!!! and it reminds me i need to breed my rabbit's LOL

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

BUNNIE'S BUNGALOW REWBEE REW Doe! I just love her squished lil' face! I also love the one born on 10/10/08 the black doe. [sigh] I made eye contact!
Here's a male that we had awhile back(I let them have supervised outings!):

Thumbnail by saanansandy
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

What a sweet bun - he looks like a bunny interpretation of a Nubian goat. So cute!

Clarkson, KY

{{{I wanna curl up in a pile of snuggley, wuggley bunnies}}}

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

all nice and warm!
He does, doesn't he, Claire!

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

LOL, at y'all. You've got the spring bunny craze...except with this group the craze is probably year-long. Am I right? ;)

Lana

Here's a new one of one of those babies above. I opened the end of the nest box so they could roam the cage, they were ready :)

Thumbnail by Wvdaisy
Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

guilty as charged(grinning)

You're killing me w/ the pics! Too cute.

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

Hey, Claire, how's Luna doing?

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Hey Brigidlily,

I'm glad you asked about me. It's nice to know my fan club is still out there. You know today, I was just resting in my personal bedroom here, when Claire came out to the barn.

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.