I. jalapa

THEY ARE INVASIVE IN THE DESERT TOO, LOL!!!...However with my obsessiopn of puple and green (soon to be accompanied with white flowers too) i cant complain. but oh yeah, they gfrw from anything. Yank one out, stick in a muddy hole, et voila, in 1 monthe you have 2 stalks. They do die back in the freezes or at about 30f...but come right back. I thought for sure they would be blocked for florida, You cannot have them mailed to you there (IFyou wanted) eh Becky?
:D

szarvas, Hungary

Some pics of young Ipomoea Purga in Japan
Google translater needed
http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/tyoro0219/folder/1404808.html

Thumbnail by dany12

Dany,

Is that a picture of a seed purchase you made or is it from the blog?

Joseph

szarvas, Hungary

From the blog !
Joseph what's about the Impatiensis ?

Dany, I don't understand the question, can you rephrase, please?

szarvas, Hungary

Do you have Impatiens Balsamina with White Spots seeds for sale ?

This message was edited Jan 30, 2009 4:50 AM

szarvas, Hungary

Yes , now I see and I order Sorry

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Becky and darren: You guys are gonna die laffing at this one.. I thought those mexcan petunias were mg bushes LOL the neighbor had them growing and they were moving out so I got to dig up some clumps and they are all going to town in pots down here.. quit laffing that was before I found out what an mg bush was :P~ Joespeh I love balsum is that what you have? I know they aren't in the mg class LOL the SOH and the PURE WHITE are still going vining crazy, but no buds yet ;( all the seeds I have started are up and leaved.. the cardinal flower vine that Ron ID for me is really going crazy I am afraid to move it.. I have always had good luck with cypress vine, but not the cardinal climber..

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

LOL Debra! The flowers of Mexican Petunias do look remotely similiar to MG blooms! LOL! Maybe another watering with Bloom Booster will get some buds sprouting on your vines? I use it about once every two weeks on mine. :-)

Clatskanie, OR(Zone 9b)

Debra I can't stop laughing. I guess then you will be naming it Senioirita Scarlett Oharra. Frank

szarvas, Hungary

Now for sale on ebay.de (germany).
This is not THE RARE Ipomoea Purga or Ipomoea Jalapa ?
I told with them to know.

http://cgi.ebay.de/Prunkwinde-Ipomoea-huebscher-Ranker-Mix-Convolvulacea_W0QQitemZ380164716130QQcmdZViewItemQQptZS%C3%A4mereien_Zwiebeln?hash=item5883953662

well what ever that is , I want it. how much is it?

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Debra, currency converter says $1.47 I asked if they ship to the states...

well after reading in english I see that the "offer is for a MIX of colours, not what is pictured, right?

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

i want a true i jalapa and many of us have been looking forever or them.

the photo is to small to see if it was photo shopped in any way or anything like tag where they got it from.

i would be willing to pay for a pack if i knew for sure this is what they are actually selling.

Here's a neat drawing of the plant: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Koeh-077.jpg

It looks like it has small blooms like Cardinal Climber and Cypress vine. Is that possible?

This message was edited Oct 29, 2009 11:32 PM

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

I took a chance on them so we will see what the seeds look like when I get them.

Ronnie - DO keep us posted! I sure hope you get an I. jalapa out of the purchase! :-)

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

So do I Becky!

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Alas my seeds arrived and they are not I. Jalapa!!

They were ID as a Convolvulus but won't be sure exactly what one until I grow some of course. I am going to try some inside for the heck of it. Maybe I'll get something pretty.

A small investment for curiosity sake didn't hurt anything!!

dang it.. don't you just love being hopeful , tho?

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

well thats not good. dont you just hate that. im sorry, hope you get pretty whatevers they are.

Ronnie - Sorry to hear that you didn't get any I. Jalapa seeds. What kind of species do the seeds look like? I. nils? I. purpureas? You might have gotten seeds for something else interesting! :-)

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Becky they are Convolvulus, don't know what one though. I sent them a message about the picture misrepresenting the seeds. Of course no reply.

Tiny little things,here is a pic of them.

Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes

Ronnie - Are you able to compare them to I. nil or I. purpurea seeds to see if they resemble them in size and shape and color? You camera has a wonderful macro lense! Great shot!!! You are right ... you will have to grow them out to determine what they are. If they are really tiny, I would imagine that they might be I. purpurea seeds. What was the eBay sellers name? Disappointing that some folks misrepresent what they are selling on eBay!

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Becky, I had them ID as Convolvulus seeds. They are a lot smaller than any of my Nils and a bit smaller and rounder than any of the purpurea I have. I do have a pack of Convolvulus and other than a little bit of difference in the color they are the same. The seller was from Germany, the link is in this thread.

Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes

Interesting about that seeds. They are smaller than I. purpurea seeds? I wonder if they are Ensign seeds?

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Not sure about the variety but definitely convolvulus. I am going to grow a few inside too see. Hopefully they will germinate!! LOL

szarvas, Hungary

Perhaps it is a mix of the other vine he sell !

http://shop.ebay.de/wurzelrapunzel/m.html?_nkw=prunkwinde&_sacat=0&_trksid=p3911.m270.l1313&_odkw=&_osacat=0

Hmmm ... cardinal climber perhaps? Now Ronnie HAS to grow them out so we will know what she got!!! LOL!

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

I hope it's not cardinal climber...that's one I'm not overly fond of!!

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

After looking at the seeds again and seeds from Cardinal Climber they are different. Definitely a Convolvulus. I am going to grow out 5 now hopefully I will have flowers by the new year for a positive variety ID...

Ronnie - Keep us posted! I hope they are something unusual. :-)

szarvas, Hungary

Ipomoea jalap or purga not the same ?

http://www.meemelink.com/prints%20pages/prints.Convolvulaceae.htm

Jacksonville, TX(Zone 8a)

Dany,
You might ask her a zillion questions, because I seriously doubt if this is the 'real' I. purga. I plan to write as well to ask where she got these seeds.

szarvas, Hungary

You're absolutely right Emma.
But as Joseph said : what if it is!

Yes, but I still seriously doubt it.
Wonder if she would send you or I a photo of the actual seeds?

Dany,
Renate has them as well
http://www.sunshine-seeds.de/Ipomoea-purga-45878p.html?language=en

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.