I'm bored....How about a variegated plant thread?

Dallas, TX

Philo. Pink Princess and Caladium

Thumbnail by texasbigleaves
Gainesville, FL

There is a big difference in the variegation on our plants. Yours is albo-variegated. Mine is aureo-variegated! Mine has 5 leaves on the one stalk now and all are highly variegated. The rhizome was quick to resprout, but has not sent up another shoot, it's been spending all its time fleshing out this one I guess. I am due to fertilize everyone in the greenhouse this weekend, maybe that will spur it into action.

I kind of like El Tigre, but am keeping mine containerized. I will never again let a psitticorum or psitt x spathnocircinata cross loose on the greenhouse floor. I only paid $9.99 for mine, I guess I got it after the "craze" was over. I still have Heliconia latispatha "Roadrunner" that pops up every few months from an piece of rhizome that got planted over by a bottle palm after I thought I dug it all out.

Here was Colocasia "Elepaio" from this summer, its dormant now

Thumbnail by gothqueen
Dallas, TX

I have not heard of or seen a Aureo Variegated Bihai L. Can you take a picture of the leaf? Thanks. Jerry Well looked at your post! Looks GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!!

This message was edited Dec 11, 2008 9:29 PM

Dallas, TX

Have a spare to sell,trade or do you know where i can get one. Jerry

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Wow! Impressive. Jerry, does your Sea Hibiscus (?) have red in the variegation?

Dallas, TX

My favorite family of caladiums ( Florida Beauty )

I admire the variegated tropical plant's and have a few in my houseplant collection.

Chinese evergreen's (Algaonema) are a wonderful houseplant to own.

Thumbnail by

Another beauty is the Alocasia "polly" I admire the mask plant's too.

Thumbnail by
Nassau County, NY(Zone 7a)

Lovely threads and plants! Will post once I get to my own laptop, using hubbies for tonight, lol! LOVE it!

And the NO name plant which look's to be of the snygo. family but has velvety leave's. Anyone know for sure?

Rachel

Thumbnail by
Dallas, TX

AlohaHoya, Oh my yes when the new leaves come out they are a rusty red. then they get darker then turn green, white. They have never have flowers on them. I have two of them well try to root more this summer. They are beautiful.They grow fast and realy get big and round. Was looking for a good picture of them ,no luck. I had them planted in ground in summer now in pots in green house. All of their leaves have fallen off. They will releaf soon.Realy love them!!!! Jerry PS= I do not know if that is their real name, just what i was told.

Dallas, TX

Another Florida Beauty caladium

Lovely caladium's, texasbigleaves

Gainesville, FL

Jerry, actually the only place I know that was selling the Lemai (a long while ago now) was Enid at Natural Selections Exotics in Ft Lauderdale. Like I said, I got mine in a trade.
The leaf form also looks different in your plant...it looks longer and thinner. Are you certain you don;t have the albo-variegated form of H. nickerensis which is floating around?

Dallas, TX

I got both of my plants from Enid. OH NO i read tag of ( H. Dihai Lemaii Var. ) that belongs to another H. that i got from Troy Shigenaga of Noveity Green in HI. Forgive me old age has set in! Jerry

Dallas, TX

Every thing variegatated. Almost.

This message was edited Dec 11, 2008 11:10 PM

Gainesville, FL

You and I grow a lot of the same plants. I have 2 Siam Rubys, and several large variegated crinum asiaticums (as well as Hilo Beauty) all over my yard too!

Variegated neofinitia falcata, a very cute mini

Thumbnail by gothqueen
Gainesville, FL

Variegated Nun's Cap (Phaius) orchid

Thumbnail by gothqueen
Dallas, TX

Now thats one that i do'nt have. Picture of my variegated crinum. Jerry

Gainesville, FL

How about these little cousins? Elepaio and Yellow Splash growing together in the same container.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/Bihai/2006YellowandWhite.jpg

(Zone 7a)

I have a few I can share.

Arrowhead vine.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

Pilea.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

White dwarf bamboo.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

I've lost the name of this one somewhere in my head.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

Pothos.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Gainesville, FL

Cool Kwanjin! Glad you joined in! I love that bamboo, I have it as a ground cover in one of the flowerbeds by my pool. Its great!

(Zone 7a)

Thanks!

This will be the first winter for it here. I hope it will be okay. It's been snowed on a couple of times and the temps have gone down to freezing and it's still looking good.

Dallas, TX

Kwanjin, A big Howdy from us Texans! Great pics. of your plants! Jerry

Dallas, TX

My variegated Monstera.

Dallas, TX

My variegated Alpina Zerumbet Ginger with flower.

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

Kwanjin ~ is your "lost name" plant this one by any chance?

Gold dust Dracaena or maybe Aucuba ?

Thumbnail by podster

Podster, Kwanjin's is the Dracaena.

Rachel

Dallas, TX

V. Monstera with fruit

(Zone 7a)

That's the one! I could not remember to save my life! LOL I finally dound the tag. It says, "Florida Beauty".

Hi I have been away and just discovered this thread. I love variegated plants in all shapes or form. I have recently acquired a variegated lemon tree.... the fruit is also said to be variegated. Too soon to tell....

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Episcia at the greenhouse, Selby Botanical Garden

Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener
Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Ginger w/Helconia flower

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Plectranthus aka Swedish Ivy

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Pelargonium 'Atomic Snowflake'