Eliza Ducklittle 4

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Dahlia you might be right. The only thing I know about ducks is the little bit Kim has taught me, but it is getting very near the end of January. I don't know if ducks go into heat like cats, dogs, etc do, but it may be the beginning of it. Her body might be confused like my plants are because of the warm/cold temps we've been getting this year also.

Jeff definitely loves his daughter, no doubt about that! Unfortunately she's still wild and at some point those instincts will more than likely kick in, however I don't see her completely forgetting you two. She may not be as sociable when her ducklings are newborn, or when she's carrying eggs, but I think she'll always come back around, and her ducklings will be at that cute, fuzzy stage.

LOL Sandra!

This message was edited Jan 24, 2009 8:37 PM

Brandon, MS(Zone 8a)

I think she will remember ya'll, Kim, and proudly bring her little babies to see you!

Martha

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Me too. I can't wait for the pics.

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I hope that I get to see them! Ducks have really good memories...after all, they can and do migrate across country each year! ;o)

You will Kim, she loves her parents. I can't wait!

Eliza was MIA for two days and I figured that she was close by but was being hard-headed and not answering me. I was wrong. The most wonderful thing happened! We saw her Sunday swimming with two males. They were swimming in an area that we cannot get to easily, so we did not even try. Today, she was swimming with (at least) 6 other woodies. I am so excited.

Kim

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I just KNEW it. Granduck babies are in your future. This is way too exciting ^_^

Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

Ah, she's Ms. Popular now! Holding court even.

Yaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Kim that is great news!

Brandon, MS(Zone 8a)

Eliza, young lady, you are smashing! You have us on the edge of our seats.

Ferndale, AR(Zone 7b)

Hey, Kim - have you thought about a 'Liza cam? Mounted to her head .........

Thanks everyone. I cannot wait to see what happens!

Debra, I would love to have a 'Liza cam ;o) I would be willing to give her a hand held camera...if she could figure out how to carry it with a wing ;o) Actually, if I could get her to nest at the house, I would get a camera and set it inside the box so we could watch the arrival of her new family!

Now that would be really neat, what a learning experience that would be!

I agree!

Brandon, MS(Zone 8a)

WOW! I hope it happens that way.

Well, I tried so hard to get a picture of Eliza and her new beau, but he would not get close enough. She ate, sat with us, followed us around and then almost jumped up in Jeff's arms. I think she was really missing her daddy. After we took a few pictures and then kissed a bunch of times, she returned to her man and they continued their courting...

She was chewing Jeff's mustache just before I took picture

Thumbnail by duckmother

I will try to get a picture of E and her new fella tomorrow

I think she kind of misses Mom, too...

Thumbnail by duckmother
Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

So Happy she is still coming to love on you both

Brandon, MS(Zone 8a)

Awwwh, so sweet. Please send a kiss from me to Eliza.

Martha

Kim another entirely too cute situation! She is just way too sweet.

Thank you so much. Yes, we are crazy about this little girl and so happy that she has found her a boyfriend!

Grandducks!

Brandon, MS(Zone 8a)

Quack! Quack!

Martha

Just what you have been hoping and praying for Kim. I am so happy for you and Jeff words just can't express.

Yes, we are planning a new house for them...just in case.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

^_^

Brandon, MS(Zone 8a)

Kim, Your back! I HAVE MISSED YOU.

Martha

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

wonderful Kim. That is one more prayer answered from our RU.
I love the pictures. They are priceless. Cindy

OMG, Cindy, I forgot about that! Wow, miracles never cease ;o)

Just a quick update. We have not seen Eliza in a week. Most of our Woodies visit off and on during winter and then return for longer periods during spring. We are hopeful that Eliza just followed them to the swamp and will fly in on occasion, but come home to nest. We did drive down to the swamp yesterday but could not see any ducks...of course the swamp is very large and we can only reach a small portion. This is sad but wonderful news!

We will see her again...

Ferndale, AR(Zone 7b)

Yes - you WILL see her again. She's growing up and doing what ducks do. But she will always remember her mama and daddy and come back to visit.

Ripley, MS

She is acting just like our grown kids do--lol--they are sometimes too busy to think about Mom and Dad.
Jeff and you did your jobs well.
Sandra

She is acting like a grown human, in duck form. She'll come to see you again, spring time is just around the corner (thank Goodness!) Sandra's right, you did do your job with her very well, and keep continuing to do so.

Thanks gals. As soon as I see her, y'all will be the first to know!

PERTH, Australia

A natural progression, Kim. It confirms the great job you've done in that she has been allowed to de-print (I just made that up) and is doing what you and Jeff have always wanted for her. But it's OK to worry.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Hi Marg. de-print as appose to imprint, it makes perfect sense to me. Kim and Jeff did a perfect job, I agreed. :-)
Kim2

Thank you so very much. All of your kind comments mean the world to me!

You made up a great word, Marg! :o))

Eliza was at the lake! She was there with her new family...13 other woodies. Her male is sticking very close to her and she to him. She answered our calls but would not come over to us. Mom and Dad are smiling from ear to ear!

Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

weeee!

PERTH, Australia

Oh, Kim, that's such good news. Roll on Spring!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.