CLOSED: Fally Frenzy Piggy Swap #2

Southeastern, NH(Zone 5b)

That last post I made was supposed to be on the cottage garden thread oops : O I moved it their now.

Critter can you please put me down for some Torenia if still available? It would be much appreciated! Thanks : )

This message was edited Nov 13, 2008 1:35 PM

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

La, gotcha down for Dahlias

Tonya (nbgard), do you still have any Jewels of Opar? Just looked those up- how dainty!

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

I don't see no problem with tiny chatter on here, just detailed growing explainations for nebies they make take alot of space for answerign yoru question.

definately we runnign lots soother now. : ) I can actually see again.

Critter. I have no idea if they smell or not. I from birth have no sense of smell that why I ask peopel all the time to compare somethign to food or rely on what I read from dg folks about fragrance.

be glad to send them to you and you cna grow or maybe sniff the seeds, dont know if that wil help or not.

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Meredith,

May I have: Great Blue Lobelia – Lobelia siphilitica ?

Thanks,
Michaela

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

WOW Tuink, look at your list LOL Can I have some Nicotiana alata 'Domino red' if you have any left please :)

Here's my list and maybe I'll get the rest up tonite, I hope lol Been kind of busy lol

salvia ~ 4 macrophylla blue z 9-11?
salvia ~ 2 subrotundo red annual
salvia ~ 3 bicolor red/white annual
salvia ~ 2 regeliana light blue z 6-9
Victoria Blue ~ 10 Salvia farinacea Blue-Violet z 7-11
Jubilee Gem ~ 10 Bachelor's Button med. Blue annual
Centaurea ~ 10 yellow knapweed Centaurea orientalis yellow z 6-10
Caramel ~ 4 Heuchera villosa white z 4-9
macedonica red ~ 10 Knautia red z 5-10
macedonica pink~2 Knautia macedonica dk. Pink z 5-10
Cardinal Flower ~ 6 Lobelia cardinalis red z 2-9
Bells of Ireland ~ 2 Moluccella laevis green annual
Common Rue ~ 10 Ruta graveolens yellow z 6-11
Stokes' Aster ~ 4 Stokesia laevis purple z 5-10
Goldfinger ~ 6 Tithonia rotundifolia dk. Orange 4' annual
4 o'clocks ~ 10 yellow & red marbles yellow & red 2'
curly parsley ~ 2
purple petunia ~ 10
red petunia ~ 8
coleus 'carefree mix' ~ 3 red & green 18"
noid phlox type ~ 7 Basil foliage purple phlox like blooms 5' part sun perennial
Summer Skies ~ 5 Chaenarrhinum blue 6-10" z 6-9
salvia white nymph ~ 1 (30 seeds) annual
moon vine ~ 5
hardy pink milkweed ~ 5
Cassis' Yarrow red z 3-9
Pink & Orange rose moss ~ 6
candylily 'no spots' ~ 5 orange perennial
candylily 'yellow' ~ 3 perenial

WISH LIST ~
Annuals, I would like red and orange if you have any ;)
Emilia javanica- Tassel Flower
Perennial ‘spring blooming plants only’ any color.
Veggie seeds, hot pepper only about ten, mild pepper about ten.
I’m trying not to ask for much this year but this is a Piggy Swap, so I may
just ‘have’ to say OINK OINK a ‘few’ times ;)
My biggest wish is for the IKE / GUSTAV peeps to get what they lost and then some ;) So ask away!

***Please dmail me so you can be sure I see your request :)***

Thanks for the chocolate joe pye weed artemiss :)

Just want to make sure Critter, we DO edit the list in the other thread and not this one? I'm going to put my list up now :)

This message was edited Nov 13, 2008 2:08 PM

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

LeBug. Is that your have and want list? If so , just edit, copy and paste it on to the swap List thread and delte it from here. If thats what ya want from Tuink, forget what I said.

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

Dmailed you LeBug! :)

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Starlight, I didn't know that about you... sorry you can't sniff what we sniff out in the garden (sometimes that's a good thing, though, like when I've had a compost delivery or a skunk passing through). One of my best friends had the same lack of a sense of smell, and he said it would probably bother him to lose something like that but he couldn't really miss what he'd never had. LOL

Anyway, I'd love to try those early sweet peas. I'll report back about their fragrance! :-)

LeBug, just as Starlight said... copy your seed list over to the other thread, please, and edit it on the other thread as we go along. You can post here (please do) when you've made additions or significant changes, so people know to go look.

LeBug, you know I couldn't look at your list without requesting something, LOL... May I please have some Salvia regeliana light blue? If your "hardy pink milkweed" is swamp milkweed, Asclepias incarnata, then I would love some of that also please. (see http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/539/)

Meredith, I'll be happy to add Torenia for you. I did collect some seeds this year, just haven't taken a good look to see how many I got out of the little pods, so if anybody else wants some, please speak up. This year's seeds might be separated as to color, if I remembered to label them... These seeds are fine as dust and cream colored, so at first glance it may not seem there's anything in the baggie. Commercial seeds are often sold in pelleted form. I don't try to plant them just 2 or 3 to a little pot; instead, I sow them in a little seed starting tray and separate out the seedlings to pot them up when they have a couple pairs of leaves.

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Lea, that red/white bicolor salvia sounds nice, I'd like to try it if ya still got some. The Salvia bug bites me a little harder each year. I'd love some pink and orange moss rose too!

Critter, I'd like to get some more Torenia from you this year. Mine failed miserably this year- my fault, but I have very few seed left from last year.

Tuink, wanted to make sure you saw this post:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=5781848

Edmond, OK(Zone 7a)

LeBug - I'd love to ask for some of your Cardinal Flower and Cassis Yarrow (red) Thanks!

Question for all you experienced piggies.....I think I've asked just about everyone for something....is this a common piggie affliction? :-)
~chele

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

LOL Chele -- if you were to read some of the posts from last time....

yes, it's common, we are all pigs... some of us who did it last time, and got hundreds of seed packs got... we are really trying hard to restrain ourselves... since we really dont need seeds.... but ya see something yummy -- ya just gotta OINK.

New Braunfels, TX(Zone 8b)

OOOhh! How did I miss a red and white bi-color salvia? Sounds good to me, too, Lea if you have enough. Also, Lea what is your DG name so I can keep it all straight?

Tonya

Jamaica Plain, MA(Zone 6a)

I beg your pardon, tcs. I prefer to remain in the piggy or piglet camp! (small oink). You may include yourself in the whole hog camp if you wish.

Edmond, OK(Zone 7a)

LOL you all are making me laugh! Piggies are just so cute.....but hogs?? well..... Nobody start slinging mud. :-) oink

Critter - can I please add Cardinal Climber Ipomoea sloteri to my list? Thanks from this piglet!

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Hahaha Perennial. That funny!!!!! : )

Winterville, GA(Zone 8a)

OMG! Is it too late?! Please say it ain't so! Can I still get in on this? I've been so busy with work, church and yard work preparing for fall that I've finally come up for air. LMK and I'll get my list up by tomorrow.

JoAnn

Browns Mills, NJ(Zone 6b)

Critter- the everlasting sweet pea grows pretty wildly in an area by my septic system. It's not boggy at all. Just sandy and holds some moisture. Want some?

Cheles- Good to see you again :-) I'll mark you down for the Penstemon 'red rocks'!

Cordeledawg- If nobody's got you yet. I've got plenty of Tithonia!

North West, OH(Zone 5b)

OK Lea, I sent a dmail, but I'll put it here too. I'm impressed at your list and even more impressed that I'm able to contain my oinking to 2 items. I'd love a pack of your red petunias and if nobody wants to fight me for them I'd like to try the white nymph salvia. I'd be happy to split the pack if anyone else wants some too.

Southeastern, NH(Zone 5b)

Thank you Critter! I bought some in a hanging basket one year and they were gorgeous but I haven't seen them for sale here since. It will be fun to see if it's something I can grow myself from seed instead of having to buy it. : )

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Gypsyrose, yes please I would love to try your perennial sweet pea. There's a great photo of the bloom in PF, but it also says the plant needs boggy conditions... PF notes aren't always correct on things like that, so I figured I'd check with you!

Meredith, I never thought of putting the Cardinal Climber in a hanging basket -- great idea! I grew them up the shepherd's hook that held my hummzinger feeder this summer. The hummingbirds sipped at the flowers as well as at the feeder. :-)

Thumbnail by critterologist
Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Tonya, Lea=LeBug

La&Lea (I feel like singing...LeaLaLeaLaLeaLa...sorry, lol) Anyhoo, if I could get a few of those white salvias...I'd...squeal like a piggy! I forgot to put white salvia on my want list for the Sky Garden.
Neal

Browns Mills, NJ(Zone 6b)

Critter- Gotcha down for Everlasting 'Pink Pearl'. hmm... I'll write a note in PlantFiles and add another picture, I didn't realize it said that. That's not what I remember it saying when I bought the seeds. With alot of sand in my yard, It doesn't have a chance of getting boggy unless the water table were to rise significantly :-)

Akron, PA(Zone 6b)

Oink...Oink...
Danita May I have any blue basil, if you have enough?
Tuinkabouter May I have Agastache "Pink pop"?
LeBug May I try Hardy Pink Milkweed, Moonvine, and Cardinal Flower?
Oink...Oink...

I will be slowly building my list as I work on cleaning all my seeds. Look for my start of my list on the other thread.

I love this swap! What a great idea, Starlight!
RatherB

Akron, PA(Zone 6b)

Tuinkabouter:
What a great list!
May I request...

Aconitum carmichaelli
Allium christophilii
Baptisia australis
Physostegia "The Bride" and "Pink Glow"
Rudbeckia :"Green Wizard"
Solidago :"Golden Dwarf"
Calendula "Pink Surprise"

Thanks for any that are available! (I would love to see your garden!)
RatherB

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

Critter, I sent a reply to our dmail.

Akron, PA(Zone 6b)

Artemis:
Can I ask for one of your Papaver somniferum 'Lauren's Grape' ? Looks wonderful! I would really appreciate it.

You are asking for different herbs...do you need cilantro? Just let me know.
RatherB
Oink Oink.... I still need to get up the start of my list for you all...To many distractions! Next year, I will be ready to go!

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6b)

Lala_Jane

Can I also have one of your
Zinnia - Profusion Coral Pink
Zinnia - Profusion Orange
pink wave petunia's
lemon balm
mixed verbena

Thanks Cindy

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6b)

cheles_garden

Hi, Can I have one of each od these seeds please?
Cilantro
Tithonia rotundiflolia, Mexican Sunflower
Cleome hassleriana, "Cherry Queen", white w/pink tips
Cleome hassleriana, Purple spider flower
Hibiscus Coccineaus, Texas Star Hibiscus

I have 1 more trade of tall red zinnia if you would like them
Thanks Cindy

Akron, PA(Zone 6b)

Starlight:
If Pepper California Wonder orange Bell is still available, may I have that one, too? I love the different color bell peppers!

Love going through the lists!
RatherB

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6b)

critterologist

Could I have one of each of these if you have enough?
Achillea, white heirloom
Basil "Hot and Spicy Sumatran"
Torenia fourneri, Wishbone Flower

Thanks, Cindy

Akron, PA(Zone 6b)

Robynznest:

I have Heirloom tomato "Cherokee Purple" if you would like one...I am still building my list, but I saw your want list...
RatherB

Akron, PA(Zone 6b)

Robynznest:
Can I request Coreopsis Major from your list:
I may have some columbine for you, if you like...
RatherB

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

Just updated with a few things. Look for " * " http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=5785279

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Marking new additions with an asterisk is a great idea, Danita!

Mamawk, I'll make a note the next time I edit my list (I think I'm at my limit). There's basically a wait-list on the Torenia until I know how much seed I have from this year... so I'll keep adding names, and I'll fill requests if I can. I get lots of volunteers of the white achilea, which I got from a DGer's hundred year old house/garden, so it would probably do well with winter sowing. I haven't tried collecting seeds from it before, but I did get what I think are seeds (some chaff, too), so LMK how they work out... If they don't work out, we'll talk plant trade, LOL.

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6b)

Robynznest

Would one of each of these if you have any left please
Nastutium Empress of India
Scabiosa atropurpurea
MG Sunrise Serenade
Yarrow Summer Pastels

Thanks

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6b)

Critter it sounds good to me.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I've been cleaning out my seeds basket, basically getting everything organized for this swap
[baggin-N-taggin]

and i'm coming across some seeds i know i'll never use.

I will be adding them to my list, eventually

but i just found this one... it's very pretty,... but an annual here
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/72697/

"Butterfly Iris" hardy zone 8
Dietes Grandifloria

I have 1 stuffed packet.

anyone interested??

This message was edited Nov 13, 2008 11:18 PM

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

tcs ~ oink oink may I have
"Butterfly Iris" Dietes Grandifloriasalvia

LeBug oinking loudly Please may I have
salvia ~ 1 subrotundo red annual
salvia ~ 1 bicolor red/white annual
salvia ~ 1 regeliana light blue z 6-9
Victoria Blue ~ 1 Salvia farinacea Blue-Violet z 7-11
and just a few seeds of salvia white nymph

maozamom~purple milkweed please

Chele-garden~ Texas star Hibiscus please oink

Just call me PORKY

Tuinkabouter

Crocosmia 'Ember Glow', 'lucifer', mix
Datura inoxia
Datura metel 'Mix'
Dianthus superbus ‘spooky’
Dietes bicolor
Dietes grandiflora
Dietes vegeta
Callistemon citrinus (Flessenpoetser)
Cassia alata
Cassia fistula (Indiase gouden regen)
Salvia lyrata "Purple vulcan"
Salvia nemorosa "Ostfriesland"
Salvia officinalis
Salvia sclarea, species
Salvia 'Turkestanica Alba'
Salvia x superba
Salvia transsylvanica
Salvia coccinea 'Lady in red'
Vigna caracalla several seeds please
Clivia miniata

RatherBDigging oink please

1 Salvia sylvestris “Blue Queen” [HYPERLINK@davesgarden.com]
1 Salvia sylvestris “Rose Queen”

This message was edited Nov 14, 2008 2:21 AM

This message was edited Nov 14, 2008 3:01 AM

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Just want to put a note in here, to our storm victims, PLEASE DONt be SHY

Go over to our swap lists threads and just keep goign over it and over and aksing. Also folks stil have list on page and begiing of page two of this swap section thread.

Ask your littl ehearts out. It gonna take ya a lot to rebuild and replant, this yoru chance to have like a free shopping card for seeds. Everybody here more than wants to help ya with everythign you want.
So felel free to oink us to death , you'l see out little tails wiggle or spin, whichevr it is that little pigies do. hehehehehe

My reguests got ya all down. : )

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

Starlight, Could the storm victims write "Storm Victim" at the top of their wish list on the LIST thread so we can easily tell who's who?

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.