CLOSED: Fall Frenzy Piggy Swap

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Quoting:
ilovejesus99
Post #5782865
starlight I would love these

[ list of seed ]

Should I have added it to the other post?

No -- you can keep the requested seeds in separate posts.

I do believe we are just talking about keeping our LISTS, [haves and wants] in 1 single list

requests can be done separately.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

on more little ditty i'd like to add, just in case we move our Have/Want seed lists to another thread....

if you have included the Plant File link in your post... you will have to open your post [using the edit feature] to 'grab' [copy] all your text... that will include the link. If you just do a copy/paste for the post window, you will only get that http davesgarden text and not the actual link.

LOL -- clear as mud ? *wink*

Edmond, OK(Zone 7a)

Hi Critter! You have some things I'd love to oink for :-) Lychnis cononaria "Rose campion" Magenta, Agastache foeniculum 'Honey Bee Blue', Basil "Hot & Spicy" and some Bronze Fennel please. oink oink.... Thank you!

Browns Mills, NJ(Zone 6b)

Terry asked Dave to raise the editing limit to 10. It's on a rolling basis. Every 24 hours one will expire to make room for another. They all don't come back at midnight. Just letting you all know so that you can plan better than I did :-) Andrea

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Starlight, if available I'd love some:
Zinnias -- State Fair, assorted, or any other than cactus-flowered
Penstemon 'Iron Maiden'
Stock 'Vintage Mix'
Dianthus -- am looking for dwarf varieties (4-8") with short, grassy foliage, not sure what yours are
Columbine 'William Guiness' (from your second list)

Starlight, do you want me to put you down for Burgundy Gaillardia? I have some hummingbird vines, but they may be invasive in your area (Ipomoea slateri, another that's probably Ipomoea coccinea)

Terese (tcs1366), if you have plenty of the 'Huskers Red' Penstemon, I'd love to try it again (WS failed last year), but give mine elsewhere if you run short.

Pulltab, I'll put you down for 'Burgundy' Gaillardia (blanket flower) if you'd like. LMK if you're up for the intense flavor of that "hot & spicy" basil.

Lala, I'd love some zinnias, especially Profusion Cherry, Profusion Coral Pink, Purple Prince, and Uproar Rose.

Neal, if available, I'd like Helianthus annuus 'Sunflower, Italian White' and Zinnia 'Profusion Cherry' (yes, I know I asked for these above, but I really want to put in a big area of zinnias next year... :-)

Neal, I'll put you down for that pack of Canterbury Bells (I think they are blue, but older seed), and I'm pretty sure I have some Peachleafed Bellflower seed in my stash -- will look for you.

nbgard, I'll put you down for Lychnis alpinus, Penstemon smallii, and Torenia mix. I'd love some Salvia 'Wild Thing' and some Jewels of Opar, if you've got plenty. Whoops, read further and saw you were out of 'Wild Thing', darn. :-)

Maozamom, I would love some DL seeds... will look up those parents, but love pretty much anything pink/purple (have enough yellow/gold and would rather skip orange & peach).

Mygypsyrose, if it's still available, I'd love to try your Penstemon 'Red Rocks'.

Chele, the Rose Campion is probably magenta but might also be the pale pink one (no more blooms when I picked those seeds)... will see if I have any regular magenta left somewhere from last year. Will put you down for Agastache foeniculum 'Honey Bee Blue', Basil "Hot & Spicy" and some Bronze Fennel (just a little pinch, as I didn't get many seeds, but should be plenty for a few plants).

*whew!* I can see I will have to catch up more regularly here. :-)

Polkton, NC(Zone 7b)

Hi Starlight (and everyone) If its not too late I would like to get in the swap.
Thanks
Ansonfan

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Quoting:

Terese (tcs1366), if you have plenty of the 'Huskers Red' Penstemon, I'd love to try it again (WS failed last year), but give mine elsewhere if you run short.

Gotcha Jill... and i have plenty.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Thank you, Terese! I love the foliage on that one. If I'm not successful this time from seed, I'll have to break down and purchase a plant. LOL

New Braunfels, TX(Zone 8b)

Critter: gotcha down for jewels of opar. If I can scramble a few more "wild things", I'll put you down for that as well. The calyxs may not dry out enough to separate by the time I need to mail them. If all I can send is the calyx with the seed inside, do you still want them? I have found if I wait for them to completely dry on the bush, they are lost. What I have done is just shake the branches and collect the calyxs (calyxi?) hoping that if they fall off that easily, they are ready to gather. I guess this is a heads up for all you "wild thing" receivers. I hope they will germinate ok.

Jamaica Plain, MA(Zone 6a)

Starlight,
I'd like some zinnia "state fair" mix if you still have, and did you put me down for the dwarf blue delphinium? Thanks. Oink.

Cumberland Mtns, TN(Zone 6b)

Hi .....sorry for peeking, but I had to see what a 'frenzy piggy swap was =)

What if I just want to donate seeds to Ike survivors in honor of my best friend, who lives in Houston and just got his power turned back on last Friday?

can I just send a bulk pack of seed(s) and postage? All my seeds have been given to me by some dear DG friends and I don't want to part with any.

is that allowed?

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

nbgard, as long as the salvia seed is medium to dark brown, somewhat oval shaped, and firm then they should be fine. Salvia seeds are a pain to gather!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Salvia seeds inside the calyx are fine with me, but if you think the calyx might not be completely dry, please package in paper rather than plastic to avoid mold problems. Thanks so much for looking at the plant again for me!

Adding to the "pain to gather" issue with salvias is that there's some sort of little nub at the bottom of the calyx that looks like a seed but isn't... so if you're crumbling calyxes and seem to just find 1 seed per, then you might not have seeds at all.

Oh. is that little nub typically smaller than the actual seed?

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

Critter, I'd love to try Basil 'Sicilian', Basil "Hot and Spicy Sumatran", 'Bolivian Rainbow' , 'Fish Pepper'. Thanks!

I promise, I'm working on my have list!

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

nbgard, the "nub" is usually and irregular shape where as the seeds are brown, a little shiny, oval, and firm. I'll take a picture of some viable salvia greggii seeds and post it for you later.

Thanks Danita. Your description of the seeds sounds exactly what I've been keeping when I separate them. The firmness is how I have known what to put in the "seed pile".

Critter - I'm sure I can send you some calyx's and will put them in paper just to be sure. My wild thing and lady in red are still blooming up a storm.

I remember someone saying one time how the lady in red acted like a real hussy with all those little babies sprouting around her. Had to laugh, loved the analogy.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Thanks! I've seen 'Wild Thing' in thread photos before, and it's gorgeous. oink!

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Ansonfan, some were asking if you would be around to join us, glad ya made it!

Critter, Got the Italian whites and Zinnias marked for ya.

Jamaica Plain, MA(Zone 6a)

Just to let you know - I've just added heliopsis "bressingham doubloon" (yellow ) and a (don't know which) lilium (possibly golden trumpet but might not be and possibly crossed) to my have list.

Added heliopsis "asahi" or other orange double heliopsis and various aconitum to my want list.

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

nbgard,

I just took this photo of Salvia greggii seeds next to a penny for size comparison.

Thumbnail by Danita
GA, GA(Zone 7b)

Gemini_sage,
Could you add Tithonia rotundiflora 'Mexican Sunflower' and Helianthus annuus 'Sunflower, Italian White' to my, ummm, trough?

Thanks!

Browns Mills, NJ(Zone 6b)

Critter- got you down for Penstemon 'Red Rocks'
Gemini- just collected some Peach-Leaf Bellflower 'New Giant' and marked a packet for you

also put up part of a wish list. Does that get me in now? :-)

This message was edited Nov 12, 2008 3:33 PM

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

nanniepb,

Quoting:

Post #5783165
Hi ...sorry for peeking, but I had to see what a 'frenzy piggy swap was =)

What if I just want to donate seeds to Ike survivors in honor of my best friend, who lives in Houston and just got his power turned back on last Friday?

can I just send a bulk pack of seed(s) and postage? All my seeds have been given to me by some dear DG friends and I don't want to part with any.

is that allowed?

Nannie -- i do believe others are doing this too. I think there are so many that lost so much ... I hope there are others out there who come and ask for seeds.

I too am sending a bunch of seeds for donation.

George !! yanno -- every time i brush past my agastache Anise Mint ... i think of you and silently thank you for talking me into those seeds. I never thought i'd like the aroma of that mint... but i just love it. Now i always intentionally scrunch some leaves - just to smell it again.

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Thanks mygypsyrose, I think you're definitely in :-)

Those Salvia seeds are as big as Lincoln's nose, LOL

Thanks for the seed pick Danita. I think we are good to go on the wild thing seeds (did I hear a collective sigh of relief!?)

Your right critter it is a beautiful plant. I love how it blooms from early spring till who knows when here in central Texas. She's a real trooper.

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Danita, I just looked up S.greggii 'Wild Thing', and not only is it gorgeous, but hardy here! I'd love to try those too.

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

Woohoo! BTW, as long as I have at least 10 seeds, you can split my pack with Critter.
S. greggiis are great plants!

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

Sorry Gemini, I don't have the 'Wild Thing' seeds, nbgard does. Nbgard's out right now but maybe you can get on the waiting list.

I'm back (actually had to get some work done, bummer that is!). Neal and Danita, I'll spread the wild thing love somehow. Thanks for being willing to share Danita. Maybe if I go talk real sweet to Ms. Greggii, she'll produce some more seeds for me!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Hi everyone, OINK, OINK, OINK.

Will get my list together tonight.

My wants are mostly perennial zone 6 whites and blues and some reds. The only climbers I want are passion vines.

Star if no one has asked for it I would like Chaenarrhinum ‘ Summer Skies’

Hmmm... I think Gemini is Neal. I may be getting confused at this point. Anyway, got gemini down for some wild thing.

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Your right, I'm Neal! I got confused when I saw your pic- got it now, lol.

Neal, if you mean pick instead of pic, I know what you mean! I noticed that with chagrin.
:-)

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

I think I confused matter when I posted a picture of Salvia greggii seeds. Neal thought that I had the 'Wild Thing' seeds. Sorry! :)

When I'm posting, I keep trying to use he/she until I realize that I have no idea what gender the person is! I sure don't want to offend anyone by using the wrong pronoun!

North West, OH(Zone 5b)

Alright my little piggies. Here's the 2nd wave of my offerings:

7) Abelmoschus manihot (Sweet Hibiscus)
http://www.hibiscus.org/species/amanihot.php

7) Veronica (Red Fox)
http://www.naturehills.com/product/red_fox_speedwell_veronica.aspx

1) Canterbury Bells (Cup and Saucer Mix)
http://www.bluestoneperennials.com/b/bp/CAMES.html

1) Celosia (Looks Similar to the one in this link)
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/49459/

1) Veronica austriaca (Royal Blue)
http://www.cfgphoto.com/img4529.htm

1) Nicotiana (Peace Pipe)
http://www.naturehills.com/product/indian_peace_pipe_nicotiana.aspx

4) Hardy Hibiscus

8) Melissa officinalis (Lemon Balm)
http://www.localharvest.org/store/item.jsp?id=7011

1) Salvia Lyrata (Purple Knockout) GONE
http://www.bluestoneperennials.com/b/bp/SAPKS.html

3) Fillius Blue (Ornamental Pepper)
http://www.cookooboxchillies.com/chillis/chili-chilli-29-lrg.jpg

2) Creeping Thyme GONE
http://www.humeseeds.com/efcthym.htm

Full trough...no waiting.

This message was edited Nov 13, 2008 4:46 AM

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

Lala_Jane, I'd love to try:
Abelmoschus manihot (Sweet Hibiscus)
Veronica austriaca (Royal Blue)

Thanks so much!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Lala I would love Veronica austriaca (Royal Blue) please. Thank you.

Edmond, OK(Zone 7a)

Lala - will you please add some Nicotiana peace pipe to my trough? Thanks!

Springfield, IL(Zone 5b)

Dmails sent, but just in case

could you add to my trough:

critter:
hot and spicy basil
black pearl pepper

Lala:
creeping thyme

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.