The OFFICIAL Poultry Holiday Swap Thread

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

ZZ - I will dmail you later from home when I sort out how to get you in, but I WILL get you in.

Harmony - very sorry to hear you cannot join but I understand that times are tough. Keep hanging in there, it will turn around!

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Jyl,
All this time, I was trying to figure out how to pronounce jylgaskin as one full word... HA! You don't sound strange to me -- just lovely! I'd love to see your fairies! I love fairies and its passed on to my daughter, apparently. She spent the latter part of the summer building and rebuilding "fairie houses" all over our back yard. ~:-D

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

From reading this thread again, I think it's fabulous how we are all so different and we do all these different things with our lives, yet we all have a shared love for our chickens. Three cheers for diversity! I wish I could be everybody's swap buddy!

(Zone 7b)

I Agree Claire they are all special in their personalitys and talents and yet we all share that common thread our love and fascination of Chickens. "Lovely Ladys, Just Lovely"

I Would love to have ALL of you as my Neighbors ^_^

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Thank you Claire! I won't be late again.. :D

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Harmony - that would be a delight, for everyone except the non-chicken owning neighbors. I can't even imagine if we all lived in the same place, how the roosters would sound in the morning. They'd have to stick us on an island somewhere! LOL!

(Zone 7b)

A Island would do we could call it "Chicken Island"

Clarkson, KY

The Bock. Bad pun intended. {ewwwww}

(Zone 7b)

Hey Grow haven't talked to you lately.

Clarkson, KY

Hey Har!! I've had DH underfoot -all his outside activities are in now!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

InnBetween - I got your dmail. I have now sent you 3 separate dmails with your buddy's address. It appears that you are not getting any dmails. I just sent it again by dmail and by the email address you gave me for the hats. Last time I tried the hats one, I remember I got caught in your spam filter. I have sent it there so please look for it in your spam folder. If you still don't find it, send me a dmail with a phone number and I will give it to you by phone. I can't think what else to do!
Claire

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Hi I am Roseane aka Miss Jest'r. (Named after my first horse who shall be forever in my heart)
I am a 46 year old single cowgirl that lives in Northern Arizona out on a ranch. I am raising a boy who will be 3 in January by myself, left my DH (To me that means Dumb Husband) when he tolld me it was either the horses or him... Guess which one won. I have 3 grown children that have moved away from home.

I love my horses(3), dogs(2), cats (2) and my chicken(1)... Yep I have one left.. I will post in another post what has happened over this week... When spring hits I will get more.
Besides the ranch, I have a full time job as a computer geek.
I love to ride and rope, and am teaching Billy to be a cowboy too.I enjoy being out in the great outdoors, and love photography.

I cant take life seriously anymore too much has happened lately. So I laugh each and every day and thank god that I am alive to do it all over again...

Well thats about it...
Roseane

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

OK, we have lots of good information from lots of folks here, so this is going very well. But we have some definite no-shows! We need to get the right items, folks, so everybody help out your buddy with a bit of info about yourself.

I'm missing....

CATSCAN!! Snap to it Commander!!

Jordankittyjo - you are probably very busy looking for pecans, but do tell us more about you!

Grownut - Get out from under that rock and give us the 411 on you!

InnBetween - You are busy running a bed and breakfast, but your buddy needs info!

ZZ....I know you are in the middle of a hatch, but this will take your mind off it. Tell us all about you!

Thanks all!
Claire

p.s. MissJestr, I am feeling very sad for you with 1 chicken. Sounds like you have had a rough time lately, but hoping the new year will be a new beginning.

Clarkson, KY

I'm Kelly -40 year old mom to one 12 year old girl, 2 border collie mixes, 5 spayed cats, 7 boer does, 1 Jersey cow, one ex-parade ex-stallion, about 25 hens and 8 roosters. DH is dear, but cantankerous as am I so I guess that's ok. I quit interpreting and translating (Japanese) soon after I really got going to do the homemaker/ renovator thing. I love any and every hand and home craft, being independent, farming, renovating, language of any sort (including legal, grammatical, and foreign), reading, blather, SINGING, umm- My rock. My next projects are learning to make cheese, felt, solar and windmill hookups to my electric service. And a new renovation next week so I won't have as much time for my DG addiction.

That do ya, Moxy?

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

PS forgot to add I love homemade gifts and treasure the time it takes to make... I really LOVE preserves and home made jam......

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Ummm...hello....Grownut. MY next projects are learning to make cheese and felt. You are not allowed to have the same next projects as me. Go find your own projects. Stop stealin' my projects. I got my own sheep and my own llamas so I could shear them and make my own felt. I bought a book on making felt. I even bought a book on making artisan cheese. I am so way ahead of you, you should just give up now. Focus on the windmills. Yeah. Hmpf.

MissJestr. I love homemade jam too. But it's not poultry themed. Unless it has a poultry label on it. If MissJestr's buddy wants to send her jam, it has to have a poultry label on it. Or be called "Chicken's favorite peach jam" or something like that.

Oh, and yes, I'm having an authoritarian moment. Don't worry, it will pass.

:-)

Clarkson, KY

I've been making cheese for a year. And the felting has been in the works for longer, but if it makes you feel better I'll build my smokehouse and get myself a kiln so I can start throwin' pots again after a long hiatus....pppbhlphlblhplh!!! (now, smoked turkey....)

Authority?! Where?!

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

OH ok so Cheese can have a chicken label on it tooo??? whooo hoooooo So it can be anything nomemade with a Official "chicken poultry" label on it???LOL Better make it a ROO label.... Got to run to a roping, I am late and the horses still need to be loaded. Catch you all later...

See I am still laughing....

Clarkson, KY

Hmmm. Chicken cheese. Notsosure...

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Oh maaaan, everybody always beats me to it on everything. I should just give up and go live under a rock. Cheese and felt for over a year....grumble grumble ragglesnatz...

MissJestr - Cheese doesn't travel well as a rule, but heck, you do whatever you want! Chicken Cheddar. Hen Havarti. Rooster Roquefort. Go for it...

Clarkson, KY

I got the VT Country Store cheddar one year and they mailed it with my aromatic soaps order! talk about NASTY!!! I did tell them the combination should never be attempted again...

Claire -You move WAY faster than I do -I need every advantage I can scratch up!!

Clarksburg, MO

Miss Jester-

I love a woman who ropes. My dad started team roping when he was about 30 and my brother and I grew up through youth and highschool rodeo.

Glad you are teaching it to your little one. Couldn't be a better sport to have kids involved in.

Sheila

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Claire.. I did tell you all.. see above?
Thank you for being understanding about the hatching thing.. I haven't seen anything but the hatcher and launch thread for hours!

*tiptoes out quickly*

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I am an official numbskull. Thank you ZZ. You are the Queen of Hatching.

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Nah.. you're not.. you did a lot to keep this and the titles thread in order.. it's hard to keep track of everything! I kept you busy on the hatch thread too!!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Claire, I'm totaly insane and out of control. I love animals, love to bake and cook. I collect cookbooks, and specialize in driving my husband crazy. Anything else you need to know? J ust ask.

Lodi, United States

I am busy refurbishing my black velvet cape so I can be the Vocabularian. Moxon said I also need a switch to enforce proper word usage. It is important that so dark and mysterious a being as the Vocabularian not be well known....but I do like to collect things, eat things and read things. A switch would be useful:0)

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I would have to say that a switch is likely not to qualify under a "poultry" theme swap. I certainly hope you will not be using it on your chickens! LOL!

Elbridge, NY

Hi I was wondering if it wasnt to late to sign up for the holiday swap? If it's not them please do sign me up.

Chickens4ever or Dominique
I love ducks and chickens

From, Dominique

This message was edited Dec 10, 2008 2:31 PM

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Sure Dominique - I can get you on the list! I will send you d-mail soon of details for who you have to send a package to. The person who sends to you will be a secret until you receive it!

Claire

Newton, AL

Hummm, I love to take hot baths in scented salts. You know I love chickens. I like any kind of homemade jams, jellies, cookies, etc. Home made is always good for me. I like homemade soaps etc. Hope this helps. I sent my buddies gift off yesterday. Hope she/he likes it. I do.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Ohhhh! Ooooooh! OOOOOOOOHHHHH! I got my parcel, I got my parcel, doooo do do deee dooo do deee do! (can you see me doing the happy dance in the barnyard fairy outfit from the "blather stick" thread?).

I'm so excited, but now, because of my own stupid rules, I can't open it until New Years Day. URGH......gnawing on fingernails to stop self from opening box.....urghh.....whatever made me come up with THAT rule anyway?

But, rules are rules, so I shall sit here and obey. Doesn't mean that I can't use my sooper-dooper x-ray barnyard vision goggles to try to see through the box! I am still perfecting their design. But, yesterday I used them to look through Saran wrap, and it WORKED! Ahem...

Clarkson, KY

Mialing as soon as the ice melts here --can't get back up the hill to come home when it's like this!

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

C your are tooooo funny.... When you get them perfected, you need to share with the rest of us....

Williamsburg, MI(Zone 4b)

Come on Claire, you can peek. WHo knows, it may need air.

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

LOL! was it the COLORED Saran Wrap? WOW! your getting close. Mine were mailed out on Monday. They ought to arrive anyday! How exciting!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Mine will be mailed on Thursday following my contracts exam, the studying for which is presently absorbing every hour of my day except for brief DG breaks.

Lodi, United States

Mine is sitting on the dining room table...while I contemplate how good a sense of humour my victi...giftee has.

Claire, does that mean Higginbotham won't be around for a while?

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Higginbotham will surface when he so decides. :-) He is being contemplated.

No sending of rotten eggs to your giftee. Tsk tsk tsk.

Clarkson, KY

You got me. Can't stand it any longer. Might I know more about this Higgenbotham??

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.