The OFFICIAL Poultry Holiday Swap Thread

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Oh yes, good plan MissJester!
You have a mission now.
Speaking of mission...guess whats in the bator! hehehe
(hint...its not ducks) shhhhhh!

Deering, NH(Zone 5a)

You know, even though I am somewhat depressed with Christmas just a couple of days away and not really being able to celebrate it. You girls are bringing smiles to my face. I just love reading what you are writing. Thanks for making my day girls.

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Oh tooo cool sewincircle... I dont know if I could start from eggs, but after the first of the year, Billy gets his new chickens, and then come spring, I think we will buy some hatchlings for him to raise.... I have been reading with interest about the bators and how much work they take and during the summer I just dont know if I could do it with all the other chores that are needing to be done.
Has anyone let their hens just sit on the eggs and hatch that way??? do you seperate the hens from General Population until they hatch? OH maybe I should have started a new thread....

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Oh rhodiegirl please smile... I was in your boots a few days ago, but thanks to a special secert angel or two Billy will have a christmas... It is strange that the little things that someone does makes it all change for you... Like following up on this, it is a hoot to listen to and it makes you think of something else for a few minutes....
go check out Billys picture under the Merry Christmas thread, you will be smiling... He has that effect on Women....

Deering, NH(Zone 5a)

Ok where's the Merry Christmas thread?

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

here for you to make you smile

Thumbnail by MissJestr
Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

and this one tooo
Billy likes to share, and he is offering you a bite of his snowball

Thumbnail by MissJestr
Deering, NH(Zone 5a)

He's cute. How old is he? I have a 24 year old and a 18 year old. The 24 y.o. is my daughter Mindy. She lives in NY. My 18 y.o. is my son Joshua who lives with foster parents. His choosing since he didn't want to live with his father. I couldn't take him in because of my medical problems. Mindy is deaf and lives with her father.

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Billy will be 3 on January 14th. He is my grandson that I have full custody and am raising. I have 3 grown children, My oldest daughter 28, my Son (Army Man) 27 and Billys mother 25. His mother does not want him so He has been with me since he was 4 months old and will stay with me until he hands me his HS diplomia.... He is a awesome little dude. I can share with you his smiles and he would hug you if he could as he is a giving child....

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Eggs arnt much work. I just flip um' three times a day! hehehe
I would love to let my hens do the work, but the are drive by layers. They get in, lay, and run!
They wouldnt sit long enough unless I glued there fannys to the nest. Then I would be in trouble with animal activists. Something about cruel treatment....
Rhodie...{{{{{HUGS}}}} I wish you were closer, you and yours could so have dinner with me anytime! Where in NY.? I am central. (about 30 min from Syracuse) I go to school at Oswego.

Deering, NH(Zone 5a)

Mindy was living in Rome, but I think they went to Rochester. Me, I'm still living in NH. I haven't seen Mindy in years. From what I am understanding, she's in a special place because of her brain damage she had when she was born. It's what caused her deafness. She was a premie born at 3 1/2 months early.

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

I see. Yes, Rochester is about 45 min from here.
Premies can have many problems.
Still wish you were closer. Dinner would be nice!
I did finally get a tree up. DH got the last one at the tree farm.
I couldnt not get one with the little ones.

Deering, NH(Zone 5a)

I use to live in a little town called Kirkville, NY. I believe it was about 15 or 20 miles from Syracuse. My younger brother was born in Syracuse. I was born here in NH. If fact I live probably about 45 minutes from the town I was born in. The hospital is no longer there though. They tore it down and made a nursing home out of the spot.

Clarkson, KY

Rhodiegirl (and all!!)
DB is a heat and air guy, works like a dog, and had 0 funds for Christmas -and 5 kids. Couple of days back an older friend lost an 18 year old grandson to heartfailure. He had gotten this grandson two $150 Wal-Mart gift certificates for him for Christmas and passed them along to my brother for the kids for the holidays

The good people are out there and among us!!

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

I know where Kirkville is. Not far from me!
I was born in Auburn, funny, my hospital burnt down and they rebuilt it to be a nursing home! LOL

What a Blessing Grow! There are miracles happening all over. I am happy for your DB! I am sorry for his friend. WOW, 18 and heart failure dont seem to belong in the same sentence! Shesh! sigh! Those kids will really be thankful too.

Deering, NH(Zone 5a)

I lived right next to railroad tracks. I think 4 sets of them. The house I grew up in was pretty big. We had a huge tree in the front yard. Then we had a long driveway that went along the railroad tracks to the other near road. We had to walk across the railroad tracks to meet the school bus. No fun.Our neighbors were at the other end of our driveway or across the railroad tracks from us. The road was Saintsville Road. It's funny how I remember the address except the zip code.

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

We lived near tracks as well. We use to walk down to them with pennies to put on the tracks to "stretch". That was fun. We use to have a ball. I still live near my childhood home. We moved away for awhile but ended up right back near it!

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

I just did the worst wrapping job I've ever done... I'm sorry to my secret person... I tried a gazillion boxes, nothing would work! My heart is in the right place, I just need to get this in the mail.

Forgive the 2nd grade wrap job. :(

Elbridge, NY

ha ha ha funny posts about the evil taunting presents!!!

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Wrapping is not going to matter. You cannot contain the stalking gifts.
No matter how nice or not nice it is wrapped it will stalk and taunt who ever it goes to.
I am not a very good wrapper either. hehehe

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

ZZ you're forgiven as long as you used lots of tape! These presents sound dangerous... mine was not of the stalking type. It should remain well mannered until it is opened....

(Zone 7b)

Anymore stalking gifts out there??

Foley, MO

My mother was from Rochester NY : ) I have a great many friends that live in Horseheads, Elmira, and Ithaca : ) So pretty!

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

MissJester,

I didn't get a chance to comment, but those cheeks are just adorable. If they were closer, they'd be red from me kissin and pinchin them! I hope that he has been good and gets something real nice from santa.

btw: I best be off to bed before he arrives...

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Its here! Its here! OMG its here! I don't think I can wait the next 3 days!!!!

ACK! DH said it was following him around the house today. It started to shimmy when I walked in the door.

Another one is loose!

(Zone 7b)

Sound The Alarm Another Package on the loose arm yourselves!!!!

""BEEP""BEEP""BEEP""BEEP""BEEP LOCK And LOAD!!!

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

I hope tomorrow flys by like today did.. I just sat down a few minutes ago... I haven't had time to even think about the stalker today! It's sure in a pretty box though!..

tick tick tick... time crawls when your waiting.. :)

(Zone 7b)

"Tick"Tock"Tick"Tock........

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

I wonder if mine has pretty paper in it underneath its shipping box...

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Mine came!!! Its here! It says Live Hatching eggs...but I know better! Its a trick!
It just wants me to open it. I was almost sucked in, because I am expecting showgirl eggs in the mail. The address was not Texas! Cant fool me! Watch it girls! These packages are tricky! wooohooo! I am excited!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

We are getting close to the day! I made Kelly check my package to see if it was wrapped inside. He said it wasn't, so I am not allowed to peek. After he had peeked, he had this really puzzled look on his face, and I said, "What? Why are you looking like that?" and he just sort of shook his head and said "You and your chicken people...." and I said "What does that mean?" and he said "I swear, I have never opened such a bizarre gift in my entire life."

He just doesn't get it....but of course he made me all the more curious about my prezzie!

Deering, NH(Zone 5a)

That's too funny. I hope you all have fun opening up your gifts. Reading this thread has made my day and believe me my day has been going weird. We are waiting for a Christmas card from DH's father since the card has a check in it. DH's sister finally mailed it out hopefully yesterday after DH's father an I harped on her. DH's father told me that she was having ups and downs. I said like we aren't. The money situation here sucks right now. And on top of that DH is in a lot of pain with his fall last week. He re-injured his rib from an old injury. So going to and from work is a major project besides working. Thank goodness tomorrow is his last day for 4 days.
Happy New Year all.
Cecile

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Oh Geezzzzzzz.. I hate it when I broadcast my ignorance.. but to the person who gets a parcel from me... not only did I wrap it like a 2nd grader.. I put the wrong name on the tag.. LOL Only on the inside.. so at least it's going to the right person..
I'm an airhead sometimes.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

haha - I'm sure they'll understand.

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

You are too funny ZZ! We all have a sense of humor here.
I am sure they will figure out the mystery. The gifts are tricky!
Why cant we be?

Clarkson, KY

Gah!! Just looked back over this and found the Jan1st mention!! You sure it wasn't tomorrow night?! I need to stop folding laundry again....

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Tomorrow is the eve of New Year. I say.... loophole. hehehe
How long can you go with out folding the laundry!? It may not hold it back anyway!
May the force be with you! V

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Thankz L_L LOL aaaaaaah ha ha that was funny!

I crack me up.

Okay.. I'm better.. LOL

*red faced*

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Can we open today?

Open..
Open.....
Open............

come on........

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

It is with a heavy heart and crappy lungs that I tell you all my gift to my person will be late... For christmas I recieved a bad case of amonia (OR how ever you spell it) (It sucks) so I am finally in town today for the first time and am going to the postal place right away.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.