Todays Weather in Your Garden - 32

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

30 and sunny.

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

It's a sunny morning here, too, Victor. Looks can be deceiving, because it looks so much warmer outside than it actually is! I wanted to take a quick walk with the new puppy this morning, but even he balked at going out the door! So, I just hooked him until he was done with his business and then let him inside. I'm such a softy!

Currently it is ...
32°
Wind: NW and gusting at 10 MPH
Humidity: 49%
Dewpoint: 25°
Pressure: 30.18 in. and rising, but there's rain in the forecast

Windchill: 28°

Sunrise: 6:34 am
Sunset: 4:25 pm

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Currently 43 and partly sunny.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

46 degrees, a few clouds, but calm and sunny. Heading up to about 50 today.

Candyce, A New puppy? Details and pictures please.

Robindog, Hope Doug is going to really benefit from his surgery tomorrow. Best wishes to him. My mom didn't even mention she was having the operation until the first one was done. She lives alone in a nice condo in one of those retirement complexes, so if she had needed help she could have had it, but she was apparently just fine. I think she mostly missed her normal social routines by having to stay in for the day. She is very active and runs circles around me.

I had a Ta Da moment just before dark yesterday as DH and I finally finished all the fall cleanup yesterday. We will do a final leaf blowing this week end and then plant the bulbs. Looks good. We have two big dead pines to bring down and more winter pruning and brush whacking which all can wait until the dead of winter when I am itching to be outside on a sunny day.

I tell you all this as announcing my plans seems to motivate me and keeps me on task. It is a perfect day just enjoy the vision of what the gardens will be come spring. It is funny how much I like the naked beds. A Zen gardening look.

NANTUCKET,MA 02554 Weather
Local Radar
Updated: 10:50 on 11/12/08

Currently:
47.2°
Clear
High: 47.2°
(10:49)
Low: 37.5°
(5:44)
Wind: 5 mph from the N
Gust: 11 mph
Today's High Wind: 15 mph (0:00)
Humidity: 56%
Pressure: 30.39 in (Steady)
Pressure Rate: -0.002 in/hr
Dew Point: 32.3°
Wind Chill: 44.9°
Heat Index (feels like): 48.6°
Comfort Level: Cool
Temperature Rate: 1.81°/hr

Here is this weeks look for our weather. Looks pretty perfect. Have a good day all. Off to make labels for the bulbs. Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Candyce, I was going to say the same...new puppy??? did we miss something?

47 high of 52 showers tonight thru Saturday morn

the folks who made it to the RU at my house last month got to meet 'Roscoe the Rascal', as I call him now. He's calmed down just the slightest bit in a month's time, and he's about half again as large.

Anna and her DH adopted him from the local Animal Shelter, and he's more than a handful. He is a pure-bred American Fox Hound, very friendly with everybody so he'll never be a watchdog, and just so cute!!

This photo was taken the day we adopted him. He's just four months old. Now, he's five-and-a-half months old, so I'll get a new photo later to post.

Thumbnail by Candyce
Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Wonderful, lively dogs. Glad you rescued him. He looks like a 'Roscoe' Patti

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Adorable!!! What fun! We're not ready to do that again. They are wonderful to have around and great company. We miss our last dog immensely.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

I can attest that Roscoe is an adorable, friendly little charmer!! I'd love to see his recent "Big Boy" photo!!

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

Our puppy turned 1 on Saturday, and she is still a big handful, full of energy, and her favorite place to sneak to is up on the roof.

Happy Birthday! Does she wait for Santa??

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

sooooo cute,
we're hopefully getting 1 or 2 from this litter of shepherds.

Thumbnail by flowAjen
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Good morning.
Is your dog a Great Pyranese? Deb.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

Funny Victor - she is just so curious, when we forget to block off the steps to the upper deck, that's the first place she goes. I think she wants to figure how to jump off the front of the house and explore. JoAnn, she is a boxer mix. Jen, cute puppies, hope you get one. I'll be happy when ours is a little older and calmer.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Just threw in Great Pyranese because they are mountain dogs teehee

40 and overcast. Drizzly. Cute pups!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Was 24 before the sun came up, it's now cloudy and 28°
Barometer:30.33 in and steady
Humidity:83%
Visibility:10 mi
Dewpoint:25°
Wind:NNE 3 mph
Sunrise:6:33 am
Sunset:4:13 pm
High of 42°

South Hamilton, MA

32 &
Forecasting rain--hope it isn't windy tomorrow as we are flying to Ohio.

Raining here now. 47.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Rain and 49
Tomorrow forecast up to 67 and sunnier

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Cloudy and 39° now....come on hit 40...I know we can do !!!!!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

rain rain rain 52

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Get this.....91 degrees and oh so humid today! I think we broke a record for the high on this date. You'll all be proud of me......I braved the heat and got out there and did a lot of gardening. I was one icky mess when I finished! I got some snapdragons in, along with a bush daisy, and did lots of other stuff too. I moved 3 of my brugmansia cuttings into pots now that they are sporting some roots and new leaves. Tomorrow I'm planning to put the coleus cuttings I brought down into the soil. Next week is supposed to be perfect weather with cool night, low humidity and temps in the 70s. That's what I'm talking about!!! LOL

Wow! Raw and rainy here.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

I am feeling cold for the first time this fall and it is only about 50, but raw, windy and raining a bit off and on.
Air port says "a trace", I say more. I need a rain gage.

Quoting:
from the SE (140 degrees) at 24 MPH (21 KT) gusting to 29 MPH (25 KT)
Visibility 10 mile(s)
Sky conditions mostly cloudy
Precipitation last hour A trace
Temperature 51.1 F (10.6 C)

DonnieBrook, Starting to get jealous of that FL weather. Maybe Boojum and I should come down and go birding with you. Patti

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Yes, Patti! You should! I'm anxious to get out to Ding Darling to see the white pelicans and the roseate spoonbills! So far, we've seen one hummingbird passing through on his way to South America, an eagle, an osprey nesting on a channel marker in the River, gangs of Ibis's, our resident cardinal couple (Carl and Carla) who summered 2 doors down in the absence of our feeders, purple finches, mockingbirds, scrub jays, etc. No pelicans yet.

Thomaston, CT

Doug did very well with his cateract removal---no pain or irritation---and he can SEE! The weather today was ugly---42 & rain---FL sounds great! I love Ding Darling! Also loved the puppy pictures---hounds are so endearing----our wolfhound was very special, we still miss her.

Oh, what GREAT NEWS, robindog!!!!!!!!!!!

Cold, damp, rainy .... really uncomfortable!!

Here's a current Roscoe photo, and I promise not to take up this thread any further with fido fotos!

Thumbnail by Candyce
Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Marilyn - so glad to hear the good news about Doug's procedure! That's terrific! Does that mean you'll be heading south soon???

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Oh, Candyce!! That is just the cutest!! The Divine Miss M looks like she's getting squished! I just love this shot!! Roscoe has gotten really big!! Thanks for posting that........and give my best to the Divine One. LOL

This message was edited Nov 13, 2008 8:27 PM

Thanks, Louise. And I absolutely will!

Sorry about posting a photo of a recognizable human, but I just couldn't get the dog to stay still for his photo op without a child for him to torment. She really was upset with the poor hound! But, it will be one of those 'forever photos' for us.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Very happy to hear about Doug. And the more doggies the better as far as I am concerned.

Ding Darling is a great place I could go every day when we are done there. This year we already have 2 trips to New Orleans planned so I don't see how I can get to Fl, but maybe. Any king fishers? Love those and the kestrels and any of the zillions of shore birds.

What type of rain gage should I get? Things have calmed down. No rain now and the wind has backed off. Patti

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Her expression is just the best!!

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Patti - no kingfishers just yet, but I forgot the loggerhead shrike! I do hope you can get down here!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

I hope you stay well this year. Last year you had the plague when we were down. I was too afraid to visit you. Wow, a shrike. And you get to keep the Red Sox's in FM. I need to see the plans for the new park. I love the old one. Patti

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Hank is sick now and I'm doing everything I can to stay well. I keep telling him that I don't want to spend another month so sick again this year, so he's being as careful with his germs as he can be. We're very happy to keep the Sox here, but I too want to see what kind of park they build for them. I especially love the palms in the outfield at City of Palms Park.

Feel better, Hank!

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Victor - quote from Hank: "Thanks, Victor!" LOL

Maybe it's the radical change in climate that affects your immune systems.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I was just thinking the same thing! My brother got sick every time he came to Maine from Calif. DD got sick every time she came home or vise versa when she lived here and visited Florida.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.