Todays Weather in Your Garden - 32

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Windy, my garbage cans all blew over.
Party sunny, high of 51, 49 right now.

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

It's not that windy here, but there are a few strong gusts every once in a while.

cold and damp...... brrrr

Thomaston, CT

Today is a typical Nov. day--some sun, windy, & dark, ominous clouds--temp of 50 when the sun is out! I want to thank everyone for the concern over Doug, but it's not Doug who has Lyme, it's the DOG! He's on meds for a month--Doug has to have a cataract out Wed.--that's his only concern! Too funny! Congrats, Pixie--another girl--they'll be best buddies! Of course, you'll have double the fun on Thurs. Our Grant has started to crawl--Help! He's into everything!

LOL:

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Funny! Good thing - with the cataract he would never see the tick!

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

Oh good Robin, I thought Dale was the dog. But I'm not good with remembering names.

Windy and the leaves are blowing back onto the lawn!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Too funny about the dog, but Lyme isn't funny for them either. Hope Doug operation goes seamlessly and that Dale is doing well too. My mom had both eyes done a week apart at 92. She didn't think she needed the operation , but admitted her vision was sharper after they were done. She just stayed home for a day in the dark after each operation. She had no problems.

It was a great day to work outside, stayed partly sunny, but the temps dropped a great deal in the afternoon, or at least I suddenly felt cold. Winds picked up a bit too. Tomorrow is suppose to be clear and sunny but 10 degrees colder. Didn't quite finish up with the last of the clean up, but very close to bulb planting time. Patti

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

oh, at least it curable in animals!!!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Flowerjen, I get cured, but get reinfected too often to count. But the new meds are better for knocking it out. I felt one of the little blighters on me today while I was out in the garden. Got it before it attached. One for the good guys. I sent it on a nice trip to our septic system. But it is strange how quickly dogs recover and how long it takes for a human. Patti

It's almost down to freezing here right now. 36 degrees and falling at 8 PM in the evening.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Same here Candyce, 37 and falling fast. YUK!

39 here. Cold overnight and only in the 40's tomorrow.

It's gonna be chilly for a few days, but this weekend should be slightly warmer. Oh, I certainly hope so.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Me too, the last of the leaves have fallen off and I need to rake!

I'm just hoping for some time to be able to go out and pull the annuals!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

40 here and windy most of the day... lovin that wood stove!

35, with a high of 46, as I'm sitting bundled up with a cup of coffee

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

it's 34 now going up to 49

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Deb is right, not much change in the temp today.
Glad I have yardwork done.
I'll bundle up for my walk.

You're brave JoAnn, I thought about going before work this morning, but too cold.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Too much to do first thing this AM to walk.
I'll go later when its 2 degrees warmer and hopefully sunny.

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Happy Veterans Day everyone. Looks like we're in for a sunny day.

Sunrise: 7:03

Mostly cloudy, 37ºF (feels like 29º) ; High, 41ºF ; Low, 33ºF
Wind: 13 mph, direction W
Pressure: 30.24 in, rising
Humidity: 76%, Dew point: 30ºF
Visibility: 10.0 mi, UV-index: 0, Low

Sunset: 16:55

Measured: Nov/11/08, 06:30

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Thats right!!!!
Happy Vets day.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

that feels like 29 is making me shiver Willie.... bbuuurrr

Happy Veterans Day!

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Then, come on inside for some coffee and a slice of warm apple pie, Allison!

:-)

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

ooohh that's not nice Willie... I have the coffee but no pie

:(

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

My world-famous Gold Mine Coffee Cake?

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I MEANT that I don't have the apple pie.... now you are just torturing me

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Perfect day. 43 degrees, calm, clear with not a cloud in the sky. It will get to 50 today. But no Pie in the sky or with my coffee, that is sad.

More pruning and leaf raking today. Yesterday, I found a strange thing in the one bed not yet cleaned out. I plant the edges of this shady area with white impatience each year and because we have not had a frost, some still have a few of blooms. I found at least a dozen of them pulled out of the ground by a deer. Spit backs. I decided to pot the now broken and mangled poor plants up and grow them over this winter in the GH. Not that I have any room left, but I thought they had been subjected to too much trauma. That was one stupid deer to need to sample so many. Meanwhile the grass in my yard is lush and green. It could use a trim. Patti

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Burr! Wind is blowing and the sun is out but it's not nice! 28°F

40 and sunny. Happy Veteran's Day!

South Hamilton, MA

43 Glad that I don't have to go out. We need a warmup next week.
My brother will be visiting from NM.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

sunny high of 50, 46 right now.

brrrrr, Celeste, only 28??!!

Thomaston, CT

Thanks for the nice, caring thoughts, folks. Patti, glad you told me about your Mom. My Mom also insisted she saw everything fine, but of course, after the cataracts were gone, she was so much better. Doug is really only having problems with his left eye, so we'll see if he notices a difference. Weather today was ugly--the clouds were so low, it was dark by 3. Very chilly walking, but after a mile, I felt better.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Yes Jen we were at 28 but did make it up to 40 today! We are now at 36 and dropping again.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

buuurrr 36 now going up to 52

South Hamilton, MA

We are a little better at 41, but it is early in the day.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

The sun is out, but it's cold!

Fair :27°
Barometer:30.28 in and steady
Humidity:83%
Visibility:10 mi
Dewpoint:23°
Wind:CALM
Sunrise:6:32 am
Sunset:4:14 pm
High of 44°

Post a Reply to this Thread