Salted PE CAHN MISSION #1

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Commander Jordan ordering all ground crew to report in. We have n4 pe cahn shells pipped!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

correction, make that 5 pips

Thumbnail by jordankittyjo
(Tia) Norman, OK(Zone 7a)

Oh getting eggcited here.

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Mother Bird Reporting for duty!

Come on Babiez!!!!!!!

Over

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Ninja dahlianut reporting for duty. Should I boil water? Bake something?

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Update: Commander Jorda reporting another pip. Brings total to 6

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Ninja, You can peel the apples.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Kathy, how eggciting!!! waiting anxiously for the arrival.
Crew member Linda Kay, reporting for duty!!!

Tia/Tina, glad to see you here, how are you doing?

Linda Kay

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Permission granted to LK to board mission.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Chief Petty Officer Moxon reporting. I have a chicken on my desk at work today. I am worried about her and wanted to keep her under observation. OEG. Looks droopy and possibly breathing heavy.

Congratulations on all pips, keep us updated!

Lodi, United States

Commander Catscan reporting for duty.

Great excitement expressed among the NPGC staff for Commander Jordan's impending battle with alien life forms. Boiling water and wrapping bandages.

Taking of fowl to work regulated under the "What Can I Get Away With" statute. Commander Catscan found it easier than expected. Office with door, vs cubical, strongly recommended.

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

CWBO Wren reporting for due. Will have to share my watch with the epi exporting dues as if I don;t get those cuttings in the mail I will have people coming to get me.LOL They are getting them free so they can hold there breeches .

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

Lowly private BJ saluting Commander Jordan, reporting for duty, and wondering what the heck I can do here... but am really good at taking orders, so... what do I do?

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Private BJ, your duties include pacing the floor and keeping your commander calm.
At ease ground crew.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Private second class Cookie reporting for training...

(Smart Salute)

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

OK... Pacing... barefoot so as not to make upsetting noises for the commander.

Breath, commander... inhale... exhale.... inhale... exhale...

(Zone 7b)

I can't be here but i sure hope all your chicks hatch good luck Jordan.

Now will some of you answer my needle question on the forum i really need an answer my husband will be home soon to help me vaccinate.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

psst. help. what's a pip? is it the little hole the chick makes in the shell when it starts to bust out? thanks.

How is it going Commander Jordan? Any news yet. By the way, what kind are we waiting for?
OK, breath deep, ...
Linda Kay

(Tia) Norman, OK(Zone 7a)

I am doing a little better now, life still a bit crazy but settling down some. Just got hubby off to Georgia now waiting to get mom home tomorrow night. GOSH I have missed her so much. And usually when life is in turmoil for me she is my rock. Dont want to hyjack sweet Kathy's Pecan mission so wont go into details here.

Hugs
Tina

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Mother Bird reporting..

Have bagel with Cream Cheese for bland quick breakfast. Keep up the energy crew!

2 New life forms delivered to my door.. 1 week old Delaware pullets.. Freezing cold and screaming.. Under light and sleeping within 3 minutes.. LOL

Standing by..
Over

Any more news from Commander Jordan?

Still pacing, and have fresh coffee for everyone. Help your self.
LK

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

KPO Jan reporting in ( late again) Sorry - No excuse - Commander. Actually I'm under the weather this morning, but willing to pace barefoot, of course, with a cuppa tea with honey and lemon for the SORE throat.
Anxiously awaiting word on the alien life forms. Also standing by...
Over

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Alien life form still the sme. Commander trying to make apple butter, but having a hard time pulling myself away from the module

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Is relocating the module a possiblility, Commander?

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

Queen Mom Fran reporting and struggling to figure out how to use borrowed incubator?? just add water, eggs and wait 21 days???

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

queen, what type of bator?
must let the bator heat for 24 hrs. or until desire temp. is reached

This message was edited Oct 21, 2008 11:11 AM

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Private Cadet Jaye :D
Permission to come onboard Commander Jordan, M'am? (Sloppy salute with weak hand raised to forehead)
whispering to Tina--Tia "Your sistahs miss you oodles, but glad to see you're okay"

This message was edited Oct 21, 2008 12:13 PM

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Permission granted cadet. Welcome aboard.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Please assign duty Commander Jordan, M'am!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Private Cadet Jaye, your orders are to make sea food gumbo.

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

STILL PACING....quietly....
Looks of worry only when not facing Commander Jordan... gritting teeth so she can't see... biting fingernails when she turns her back.

Breath, Commander... Breath....

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Commander Jordan thinks Pvt. BJ needs to do coffee ups.

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

I have my orders... doing the best I can.

Lodi, United States

Psst. dahlianut--your right--the pip is when the chick has broken through the inner membrane into the air cell at the top of the egg and has made its first break through the shell--usually a small hole with radiating cracks. Eventually it starts to chip through the shell in a circumscribed series of cracks (often referred to as "zipping") until with much peeping by the chick and ooohing and ahhhing by the Commander and crew, it pops the top off and tumbles out.

Shhhhh! Let us watch as Commander Jordan completes her mission........

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

can now hear faint sounds coming from module

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Aye Aye Commander Jordan. Going to the pier right now with turkey necks and crab cage....

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

CWBO Wren popping back in have upside down cake in boxes and epis in oven ready to go. Wait that is not right. Better go check be right back.

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

CPO Pastrypuff reporting for duty, sir yes sir.

Edited to remind all and sundry that pastry requisitions must be completed in triplicate and sent up the chain of command to the minister of pastries! All derelict in this duty will be shot! Unless minister is appropriately bribed with baked goods, of course. Chocolate in any form is acceptable.

This message was edited Oct 21, 2008 11:45 AM

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Chocolate is a staple on this mission

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.