October Daily Weather II, What's happening in your yard?

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

courtyard with fountain

Thumbnail by Kelli

One of the tile pictures on the walls in the courtyard

Thumbnail by Kelli

the other end of the courtyard

Thumbnail by Kelli
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

We have to make a rapid trip up about 60 miles north Saturday.
We are taking in the Tropicals our friend Marcy has had for years.
W/ a resent double knee replacement and a growing pack of Grands' her house and stamina just aren't up to the over-wintering anymore.
So we are adopting the whole pile.... which isn't going to make the 35 degree temps we're supposed to see Sunday morning any fun.
The good news here is that all the trees around are still leaved up.
I'd seriously doubt we see any frost in the yard.
Then the weather is supposed to swing back a bit warmer....

After the rainy morning the clear crisp north wind started winding thru.
It's now 59° and supposed to be 45° by morning.
So I'd say it will be a foggy drive in.....

Stephanie what a pretty Holly!
Kiska what a life changing set of events.
Glad but Sad eh?

Ric

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Wow Kelli we were so close to there and never knew it existed.
Looks like we missed a great tour!
THANKS!

Ric

Have you ever gone to Adamson House? The Orcutt Ranch house is something like that but on a much simpler scale. I haven't been there in ages but we might take MIL there when she comes out at Thanksgiving.

the courtyard again

Thumbnail by Kelli

These plants are so clean (no dust, no spider webs) compared to the plants on the porch at El Rancho Kelli.

Thumbnail by Kelli

bench near the dry creek

Thumbnail by Kelli

This tree is 700 years old. You'll see where some of the lower branches have been cut off. They were cut off circa the year 1800 to make charcoal to fire the lime kilns to make lime for the building of Mission San Fernando.

Thumbnail by Kelli
(Zone 7a)

What a lovely trip, Kelli. Thank you for sharing; it looks marvelous.

Another perfect day here in Utah. Too bad I only got to see an hour or so of it.

I took this with my cell last night. Isis looked very sad resting on my arm.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Neat picture, it looks like a painting.

(Zone 7a)

It does. It's a 3Mpxl camera and I like how the pics come out.

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Kiska,Your view point of Alaska is great. I've book marked the webcams at Fairbanks and Nome and visit several times a week.Both of them have had snow already too. Nome's camera seems to be down today.

Kelli, Thanks for the tour of Orcutt ranch. When i lived there we went to an older ranch but not the sameone.
Earlybloom, Do you do landscapes for a living? You should. You have a gift.

Kwanjin, Your furbaby just looks content and fighting to keep his eyes open. LOL

High today-65 F
Low-35 F
Wind-N @5MPH
Clear and cool
Sunrise-7:22 Sunset-6:35
Moonrise-7:39PM Moonset-10:48
AM
Moon is at peragee 225,934 mi.

Orionid Meteor shower peaks the 21. Moon will be up but still may see several falling stars.

The sun is coming into a new cycle of blackspots and will increase.
Have a great day!
Vickie

(Zone 5a)

Good morning!

It's raining, breezy and 42°F. We got some very heavy rainshowers yesteday afternoon.

Ric - yeah - we'll have to get back to our roots and start eating the traditional stuff now .... a lot of things that we've taken for granted are going to be luxury items very soon. For instance Kellog's Bran Flakes which has been our breakfast cereal of choice for a looooong time has doubled in price and is getting scarce. They didn't have it at the store I went to yesterday to stock up on flour and sugar (spelt and agave syrup are luxuries now :-( ) ..... Oatmeal is becoming the standard breakfast here .....stocked up on that too. Fortunately the girls like it, but I've never been able to eat it ....... :-(

Kelli - great pics :-) Very interesting place.

Hope you all have a great day!

Rann

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Kelli, I'm so in love with the Orrcut Ranch ! The yard is gorgeous with that fountain.
E_B, thanks, your forrest looks so beautiful!Great pics!
Kiska, what a beautiful pair! I know it's hard when children are going away...but, in return, you'll have more time to popp in here !LOL
Celia, thanks, I'm glad you liked my article! Your kitties are so beautiful! That one at the door is hilarious!LOL
Ric, I am so envious, you'll have a new pile of tropicals, good for you!
It's warm again, 75 and sunny!
Hugs,
Adina

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Rann – Hopefully this will be resolved very soon. Be still, things will happen.
Marylyn – Did y’all have fun at brookwood? Beautiful community.
E_B – Background pics! LOL! It must be a thrill to ride your bike in such beauty.
Celia- Monty is great as a door stop. Does he get treats for working so hard?
Kiska – Such a handsome couple and so lucky to go to Ireland! Must be quiet around the house. Thanksgiving is around the corner. Will they return for the holiday?
Stephanie – Pretty Holly!
Pepper – Now that’s what I call Fall!
Kelli – That’s a pretty house, love the front door!
Celia – Awwww Isis misses Kristi
Vicki – Thanks for the info on the shower. I’ll be looking for it.
Rann – Do you “dress” your oatmeal? I can’t eat it plain, but a dab of butter, sprinkle of sugar and a touch of milk helps for me.

66.6 °F / 19.2 °C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 79%
Dew Point: 60 °F / 15 °C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Pressure: 30.09 in / 1018.8 hPa (Falling)
Visibility: 5.0 miles / 8.0 kilometers
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Few 25000 ft / 7620 m

Today
Partly cloudy. High 85. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

A little blurry Callie playing hide and seek.

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 5a)

Sharon - I cook it in one part milk/one part water for the girls .... makes it more appealing than using just water. Haven't tried butter. They like it with milk and raisins, sometimes with a drizzling of cinnamon sugar. I haven't tried it since I was a kid. I have these horrid memories of my mom trying to make me eat it ..... it was slimy and just made me gag. My stomach still turns just thinking about it ...... I just hope things will improve before I run out of cereal ;-) lol No sign of improvement yet though, we're still in the "freezer".

Rann

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Another chilly morning here! We're up to 60º and the sun is shining!! Haven't seen Mr. Sunshine in a couple of days, so he's a welcome visitor. Will open the windows in a little bit and air the house out. The kitties love it when the windows are open as they love to sit and sniff the outdoor air. Have a few more plants to pot up for the swap tomorrow, then I'm finished!

Here's my precious Callie (please ignore the cluttered desk). We're celebrating 10 years together!

Thumbnail by stephanietx
(Zone 3b)

17° dark/freezing fog again.
Highs in the upper 20s to mid 30s.
Light winds.
Thanks for the boost everyone; it's quiet, for sure;0 They will not be back for Thanksgiving or holidays. This year, we'll be in Hawaii and are flying back on Thanksgiving day; so will not do Thanksgiving this year.
Looking for snacks; they founds lots of leaves/branches and spent hours here yesterday.

Thumbnail by kiska
Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Rann - My mom made oatmeal like a "pasty glob" I had a hard time eating it! I sprinkle cinnnamon on mine at times, depends on my mood.
Stephanie - Your Callie lookslike my Callie's mama "Sweetie". She had the dark mottled coloring, she was pretty. Callie has her big green eyes.
Kiska - Oooh Hawaii - nice treat during the Fall! The moose are back!

(Zone 7a)

Callie and Callie! How cute! (What cluttered desk, Stephanie? ☺)

I miss watching the deer we had in our yards when we lived higher on the mountains. Wonderful for you, Kiska. Sorry the family won't be back for the Holidays. That makes it harder.

My oatmeal is eaten almost every night for my last meal before bed. Cooked in milk and unardorned.

Monty IS given extra pay for his "hard" work! LOL How do you think he got like that?

Have a great day, everyone.

49°F with a high of 71º. Going to be beatuiful.
Feels like: 47°F

Barometer: 30.4 in ↑
Dewpoint: 33°
Humidity: 54%
Visibility: 10 miles
Wind: 5 mph SE
Sunrise: 7:41 AM
Sunset: 6:42 PM
UV Index: 4 Low

From the Tillamook Air Museum, June 2007.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Rann how about making oatmeal cake, biscuits or cookies for breakfast.

Neat Meese shots!

Stephanie we had one just like her too!

59 here and cloudy...

Ric

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Rann, my prayers are on their way. (((((HUGS)))))

Not a project Adina, it the east half of the garden. I had mainly tomatoes, and onions there. I grow peas and cucumbers on the fences. The two 10' square asparagus beds took a lot of room and I have a compost pile behind them. The pitcher pump ate up more of my room to plant :o) The west half still has tomatoes growing, plus the flowers that didn't have anywhere else to go.

Thanks Sharon, I just took it the other day. It's nice to still see butterflies. I see you still have wildlife too ;o)

Rann, they all need to join Dave's Garden so they can see how wonderful you are :o)

Marylyn, sounds like a wonderful day with the big bunny.

Early, that is sad and unfair. I'm so sorry. I'm so tired of greed. Gorgeous pictures!!

Kwanjin, ROTFL!!!

Kiska, I love ''moose season'' :o) I'm glad your family arrived safely. What a beautiful couple!

Thanks Sugar, I try to keep up and then the day just goes by and next thing I know, I'm in bed :o)

Hi Stephanietx, I'm missing all the newcomers! Beautiful holly berries!

Kelli, neat ranch!

Ric, tropicals in Zone 6. What a nice way to extend summer :o)

El Rancho Kelli, ROTFL!! Love the tree!

Kwanjin, neat! Isis is beautiful!

Rann, I eat oatmeal every day for breakfast. We like the long cooking. It's not so soft as the quick. The ''slimy'' is soluble fiber and it removes cholesterol :o)

Stephanie, Callie is beautiful!!

Kiska, love the moose picture!

Adina, I need to read your article as I was MIA yesterday.

52* and it's supposed to be raining. Yesterday we pressed 21 gallons of apple juice. I canned 10 gallon last night. It kept the kitchen warm all night and the jars were popping away. 2 didn't take, so I need to check the tops before I use them again.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Brookwood was beautiful! The campus is gorgeous, the gift shop was huge and packed full of stuff. The residents of the community don't make everything there, but they do make/mold/fire/handpaint/glaze/etc... some beautiful dishware sets, cement paving stones and garden ornaments/statues, Christmas ornaments, homemade jams and jellies, and salad dressings, etc etc... And the plants they have for sale are beautifully healthy and very reasonably priced! I bought a flat of snapdragons and a mixed flat of violas and pansies (each flat was $16 and contained 18 3" pots), and 2 rex begonias ($5 ea in 6" pots.) I really wanted some "Polynesian Snowbushes" I saw, but I didn't know what they are and if they will like me, so I decided to wait until I could look them up. But it was painful to wait... they were only 3/$10! In gallon pots! And they were SOOO pretty! Hmm... http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/2004/ It says light shade.. I guess I could put them in the back yard... Hmmm..... I wonder if they would do well under the plum tree in the front yard. Hmmm...

Since I'm still hmmmming about them, I'll probably wait until next time I go and hope for another sale. :-)

They have a cafe there, too, with VERY yummy food. All in all, this place has definitely moved way up my list to take visitors to the Houston area. I'd heard about it before, but hadn't been there before yesterday.

Kiska, Thanksgiving in Hawaii sounds like something to be VERY thankful for, even if you aren't eating way too much turkey and pumpkin pie! ^_^

I have the same issues with oatmeal, Rann. The bunnies like it, but... Bleah. Turning it into some kind of breakfast bar sounds like a great idea! In the meantime, it sounds like we need to start smuggling Bran Flakes and spelt flour to Iceland. ;-)

The Callies are both very pretty. I love calicoes.. When I was little, we used to have one named Beep. She was a great cat. :-)

Adina, I love your article!! The photos were gorgeous and you write very well. ^_^

Today I'm packing and cleaning and doing laundry and packing some more to get ready for our trip to Jekyll Island, Georgia. We leave tomorrow morning - Yayyy! We have friends who are going to be kitty sitting for us, so I have to leave the house a little cleaner than I would otherwise be worrying about... So it's a good thing I already did the big cleaning last week! :-D I just need to clean up the current layer of toys, put away the piles of laundry waiting to be sorted and possibly packed, clean the bathrooms and the kitchen, and the kitty boxes... And the car. And weed through the heap of stuffed "friends" that the bunnies want to take with them. And... I should probably start by getting off of the computer. LOL

It's only 70° outside!!! Maybe fall really IS coming!

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 12:23pm CDT (28 min ago)
Temperature 70 °F 21 °C
Dew Point 64 °F 18 °C
Humidity 83%
Pressure 30.18 in 1022 mb
Wind Speed 7 MPH 6 kts
Wind Dir NNW 340°
Ceiling 800 ft 244 m
Visibility 7 mi 11.3 km
Current Conditions Cloudy
6 hour min temperature ending 6:53am CDT : 63.0°F / 17.2°C

(Zone 5a)

LOL - Sharon ....pasty glob is the right description ..... (the way mom made it - not what I make for the girls of course ;-) lol)

Stephanie and Sharon - your Callies are both cute :-)

Kiska - nice to see the moose back again! A whole family? Hawaii sounds like paradise at this time of year. Hope you have a great trip :-)

Marylyn – Sounds like you had a great time – seems like a wonderful place to visit! Hope you have a great vacation :-) LOL - I think I'll survive eating oatmeal if it comes to that, I'm just not looking forward to it ;-) LOL On the other hand I have reserves of other cereals before it come to that ;-)

EB – sorry I forgot you earlier. I meant to say that I’m so sorry to hear about your pension. That’s really awful. Great photos :-)

I heard this song on the radio today .... thought I'd share the lyrics with you in a very crude translation .... I’m no poet so I didn't bother with the rhyme ;-)

No one knows until they’re tested
who your friends really are
promises made, are quickly forgotten
when times get rough.

The saying goes, when the bottle is empty
the friends soon leave
so I say, if you have a true friend
you’re truly blessed.

People make mistakes
and they need a helping hand
when life suddenly seems worthless.
It helps to talk to someone who understands you,
a true friend can be the miracle you need.

I made mistakes and received heavy judgement.
I wandered off the straight path.
so I say, if you have a true friend
you’re truly blessed.

People make mistakes
and they need a helping hand
when life suddenly seems worthless.
It helps to talk to someone who understands you,
a true friend can be the miracle you need.

Of course it sounds much better in Icelandic, but it really hits home right now …….. I am so grateful to be blessed with all of you great friends here on DG :-)

Rann

That's a nice song, Rann. Sometime songs sound corny when the lyrics are written out and you don't know the music, but that is a nice one.

Endless summer...

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 12:51 PM PDT on October 17, 2008
93 °F / 34 °C
Clear
Humidity: 9%
Dew Point: 25 °F / -4 °C
Wind: 7 mph / 11 km/h / 3.1 m/s from the ESE
Pressure: 30.02 in / 1016 hPa (Falling)
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 7 out of 16
Clouds: Clear -
(Above Ground Level)

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

rahn, we love oatmeal here in Pa. My kids grew on oatmeal for breakfast as it was all I could afford. When they got older any were able to collect walnuts and butternuts, we cracked them and made oatmeal cookies. During the Great Depression here in America people who had oatmeal to feed their kids were lucky. And the kids were lucky too, they grew up healthy. Try to get by each day and remember - sufficient to the day is the evil thereof. Don't think about tomorrow's evil.

We are having typical fall weather - temps in the 60's, leaves turning colors and falling, perfect weather for hard labor outside. And a perfect day to make a big pumpkin pie for my dear husband.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Temps finally hit the low 60s this afternoon but the rain had to come thru again this morning before the temps would get out of the 40s. Finally the sun came out this afternoon and brightened things up.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Rann that's a lovely sentiment!
So needed now!

Kiska HI at Thanksgiving sounds GREAT!

I don't think we broke 60 here today.
Plus w/ the cloud cover we didn't get much solar gain here in the house.
But the furnace is still turned off.

One of the nice things about a small house (600 square feet downstairs) is that it doesn't take a lot to make it comfortable.
W/ our bedroom in the small upstairs area we never turn the heat on up there.

Thru the years we have been doing things to lower heating costs.
GH's that vent into the house are one part of the solution.
The sun usually heats the Porch GH up to about 85 or so when the temps are in the 60's and the trees are still leaved up.
Come winter (and no leaves for shade) we routinely hit the mid 70's on a sunny below freezing day.
By opening the window to the house we gain that free heat also.
During the day the Hoop-house outside our bedroom window would superheat the upstairs.
This causes a thermal blanket over the downstairs reducing the furnace load.
Then at night that air would rush back into the Hoop-house keeping the tropicals from freezing.
Only on the coldest nights would the heater out there kick on.
Cook dinner and you gain a few hours of furnace down time.
Plus Robyn put the old back door on in the kitchen so the unfinished room isn't drafting us to death.
(Every little it helps)

Hopefully by next Sunday afternoon we'll be airtight out there in the FPR.
Then we have to figure out a heating plan.

Now we're looking into solar electricity..... because of our tree cover we can never hit 0 but we can reduce our load somewhat.
Solar LED lights are already part of the plan (and working well)

E_B pensions are taking a beating everywhere.
But 1/2 WOW!

When we got laid off 2 years ago we cut back drastically on expenses.
So drastically that we now get along quite well on one paycheck.
We will have the house paid off in 2 years....
if an affordable health care plan can be worked out I want to retire in 6 years Max...
(both our Social Securities kick in then)
if not then I guess it's semi retired....

Well off to the Hot Tub!
It's 48° (8 Celsius) outside now....PERFECT Tubbing Weather!

Ric

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Rann,Keeping you and Icelanders in my prayers. Need some oatmal receipes? i like the thought of sending a truck(boat?) load of branflakes. The song was a truism. Wish i could hear it in Icelandic.
Adina,i'd like to read your article.
Marlyn is Houston downtown getting back to halfway normal?I've a relative there.
Early,My SIL lost about half his retirement too and was forced to retire at 50 or lose more retirement everyday he stayed. Greed is everywhere.

I meant sunspots not blackspots LOL

Sharon, Callie looks like she is doing some serious watching.

Stephnie, Have fun at the swap.

Ric, i notice you stay a very busy person. I've cut back on the heat also. Keep it cooler wear warm clothes and cook a lot to keep things warm and freeze them for warmer times. I have the shade in summer and sun in the winter. Oaks are wonderful trees. Ric, you've got about 6 years to work to do something about our healthcare system. It is sick.(Only half a joke)LOL Greed and imcompatance
has hit it bigtime too.

Kiska,Hawaii, Think of the amazing tropical plants you can see. sigh....

Seeds I grew up on oatmeal cookies with raisons and our own pecans.

The next couple of days, I'll be learning to link and post better. I'm a slow learner.LOL

Low-42 F
High-62 F
Wind-W @3mph
Clear
Sunrise-7:22AM
Sunset-6:35 PM

Moonrise-7:39PM
Moonset-10:48AM

Goodnite all,
Vickie

(Zone 5a)

Good morning!

It's a beautiful day today, seems fairly calm looking out the window, mostly clear skies and the sun is up :-) It's a very cool 38°F.

Thanks for your comments everyone :-)

Ric - sounds like you've done a great job in conserving heat in your house ....... pretty impressive :-)

Vickie - thanks. I love oatmeal raisin cookies, but I wouldn't eat them for breakfast ;-) LOL There are still Bran Flakes available in some stores, they're just so expensive I'm not willing to pay the price ... yet anyways. I'm flexible, I can eat Cheerios, Cornflakes etc. ;-) We have at least 2-3 weeks worth of other cereals besides the Branflakes which won't run out until next week. I was thinking yesterday that maybe I'd better buy more oatmeal. I'm really in the dark as to how much stock I might need .... we don't have any idea how long it'll take to get money flowing in and out of the country again. Now it's completely stopped. Those importing oil, medicines and food are the only ones getting foreign currency these days and they're hand picked. They have to apply for it and say why they need it ..... this suggests that there isn't that much currency left ..... A small slice of good news is that the oil companies have secured currency for their next shipment of oil and gas so gasprices have actually gone down :-)

seeds - thanks for your words of wisdom :-) I cherish them .... :-)

I have a busy day ahead so I have to get going. One of my cousins is getting married today :-)

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Rann

(Zone 5a)

Vicky - here are 3 clips of the song - I couldn't find the whole song on line, but at least it gives you some idea. The name of it is Traustur vinur (True friend) and it's an old icelandic classic from the 1970's I think .... it got a facelift in 2004 by the band Á móti sól who's singer is Magni from the Rock Star Supernova shows about two years ago if anyone watched that ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4izohM4GpV4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bnE7QqkwtU&NR=1

There are 4 different versions here .... the clips are all the same part of the song, the verse, the one at the bottom is the newest version with Á móti sól ..... the original version is by the band Upplyfting ....

http://www.tonlist.is/Music/ViewSearch.aspx?search=Traustur%20vinur

OK that's enough useless music trivia for now ;-) LOL

Have a good day everyone!

Rann

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Whew! Is it ever hard to catch up after being away for a day or so.
EB: Love the autumn leaves reflected in the pond. Beautiful scenery!
Kelli: great "tour" of the house!
Adina, sorry I haven't read your article yet--I'll try to do that later today.
Kiska. Good photo of the newlyweds even if your DGS was a bit blurry! :o)) Hawaii for Thanksgiving (or a little before) how nice!
Sharon and Stephanie how are we ever going to keep the two Callies straight? LOL
Celia: Monty, as always, is very relaxed--not a care in the world.
Ric, if I had known earlier that you were going to see Marcy I would have told you to say "hello" for me. Nice of you to take in her plants.

Quoting:
Try to get by each day and remember - sufficient to the day is the evil thereof. Don't think about tomorrow's evil.

Se_eds: I totally agree.
Cando: welcome to the weather thread! DH(dear husband) and I took a trip up Hwy. 21 in March, '07 and saw some gorgeous scenery that neither of us had seen before. You must surely have a wonderful view if you are on one of those mountaintops.
Marylyn: glad you and the big bunny enjoyed your field trip. You and the family have a good time on your vacation!
Rann: I love oatmeal but not if it is too slushy. I like mine cooked thick with brown sugar on it and no milk. We all seem to like it a different way--LOL I certainly hope the financial crisis there eases up soon. Nice sentiments in the poem you translated from the song. We are thinking of you!

Hope I didn't miss anyone--certainly not intentional if I did. I was sorta going from memory of what I read in the posts above.

A beautiful autumn day here--cooler the last two days. I was able to get the plants in the ground that I brought home from the RU last week-end. A nice day for being outside.
The Blue Angels are at Jacksonville AFB this week-end performing for the public. I would like to have gone but I don't like fighting the traffic and the crowds. We live close enough to Jacksonville that I thought we might catch a glimpse of them in the sky but nothing so far--maybe tomorrow.

Currently 65º and sunny. Low tonight forecast to be 43º. I need to bring my poinsettia and succulents inside soon.

A photo of the neighbor's tree--not a hint of color on it as you can plainly see.

Everyone have a good rest of the day!

Thumbnail by marsue
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Kiska, you're going to Hawaii, great ! Do you have treats for the moose?
Sally, that's a lot of apples juice !
Rann, love the song, it's touching! Congratulations for your cousin's wedding!
Ric, great tips for keeping the heat inside...it's so cold here too,41F( 5C), but I had to run on the heat...ugh!
Marylyn,thanks, sounds you had a great time and the flowers must be awesome!
Se_eds, pumpkin pie, I have to make one too!
Marsue, that tree is gorgeous !
Stephanie, Happy Anniersary for you and Callie!
Cando, here is the link to my last article :

http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/1721/

Hugs,
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Marylyn, glad you and the bunny had a wonderful day. What I wouldn't give for a 70* and a plant sale :o)

Rann, the words to the song are beautiful.

Yep Kelli, too hot!

Seeds, pumpkin is my favorite pie!!

Ric, you've done a lot to help save energy!! I'm impressed! Nice thing about getting old is, one minute you're freezing and the next you're rolling up sleeves and pant legs :o) or is it :o(

Rann, oatmeal also tastes better with cream or at least whole milk, but I eat mine with skim. I wouldn't know quite what to spend money on either, mostly food, or making sure the house bills can be paid. It's a hard place to be in right now.

Marsue, watching the Blue Angels is wonderful. They are amazing!

Adina, it is, but it will be gone by next spring. Beautiful leaf color. We are mostly green with only a bit of color. I guess that's what happens with a lot of fall rain and mild temps. We'll be freezing in a couple of weeks.

52* and it's dimming outside. Luckily there is still a full moon showing. It warmed up enough to pick up walnuts....again.

Not as hot today.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 3:51 PM PDT on October 18, 2008
84 °F / 29 °C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 13%
Dew Point: 28 °F / -2 °C
Wind: 9 mph / 15 km/h / 4.1 m/s from the SE
Pressure: 29.97 in / 1015 hPa (Falling)
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 2 out of 16
Clouds: Few 18000 ft / 5486 m
(Above Ground Level)

windshield picture

Thumbnail by Kelli

The image stabilizer on my camera must be really good. (Zoom image at 70 mph)

Thumbnail by Kelli
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Marsue I'll send Marcy your best!

Kelli you'd like it here, there's a Blimp Mooring Mast at our local airport.
Lunken Airport is where all the Blimps coming here or thru here fuel up.
In the Summer it's not unusual to see several a week.

We watched the new Indiana Jones movie tonight... looked GREAT on the new TV....LOL!

Frost Warnings tonight and probably tomorrow night.
They did have a bit of frost up at Marcy's and last week a few scattered pockets down in KY.
It was amazing how Fall-like it was up north.
Most of the leaves are gone, corn harvested and the beans are about ready.
They were having a Black Walnut Festival in Camden but we didn't have time to stop.

52° here going for 36° by morning.
Nice Tree shots!
Here they are Brown....lol!

Ric

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Helluuu!!! :D I have been trying to get my flowers in all day (off & on...due to JW 'running' (as opposed to 'sitting')). We are in a "freeze" warning for tonight & tomorrow night. This includes 19 counties in VA & WV. And our trees were just starting to turn really nicely...by tomorrow or the next day they will be "toast"!

TEMPERATURES WILL DROP INTO THE UPPER 20S TO AROUND 30 IN SHELTERED VALLEYS FOR SEVERAL HOURS EARLY SUNDAY MORNING.

At Dublin...
Cloudy: 50°F
Feels like: 50°F
Barometer: 30.2 in
Dewpoint: 39°
Humidity: 66%
Visibility: 10 miles
Wind: 5 mph NNW
Sunrise: 7:34 AM
Sunset: 6:41 PM
UV Index: 0 Low

Gee, You all really make it difficult to keep up!
Welcome, Vickie!
Great Pics everybody! :D
Sidney, The Alligator! It's like watching National Geographic! :D What kind of sign were you holding up? A picket sign, maybe? :)
Kiska, I know you will really miss them, but they will enjoy their new home & so will you. ;) LOL! Yes, those "meese" are (were) making themselves right at home! :D I like the blurry pic of the newly weds. Cute! :D
E_B! I think you have out-done yourself! Gorgeous! Pics!
Kelli, Love the old Ranchero! Gee! And the pic of the Good Year blimp! at 70 mph! Impressive! LOL! about the El Rancho Kelli! :D I try to keep my house clean, but when JW is here there is no way I can keep up w/ both! ;)
Sharon, LOL! Callie is pretending that you can't see her! :D
Stephanie, LOL! You have a Callie, too? Now I'll never keep all the kitties straight! :D I can't keep Sharon's straight at all.... :)
Marylyn, Sounds like you made a 'hall'! or a really good buy, any way.:D
Rann, That is a nice song...I Do hope that things get better for you soon...Do you all get beef up there? or do you mostly eat fish? I think about you all the time, now... would not want to be in your shoes.
Se_eds, I like you saying.... :) Are you all in for a freeze tonight too?
Adina, I liked your article! And the color of the tree! Wow! :D
Celia! I Love the Maple Leaf! Gorgeous!

The answer to the trivia is...A
Tropical cyclones are warm-core lows.

Have a good evening!
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

Joey, to tell you the truth, I don't even try to keep my house clean. I think I must be rebelling from the chores I had to do as a kid. (That was me at 70mph, not the blimp. It was just gently cruising.)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.