Just stick fresh cut flowers in a vase!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

I have those thingys and not sure what the official name is, but at least they are green. How bout you just tuck them further behind the wreath?

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

Well I ran out of time before I had to leave to take DGD to a home school group (she is spending 2 days with me) so I did not get any greenery. I did add water to the thingy's. They won't fit in any further, so I can't hide them that way. the daffs do hide the ones for the rosemary and forsythia. I just need to get out and look or find my wired ribbons...

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Oh yes, wired ribbons is a great idea that will cover them perfectly.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Whatchamacallits???

I dont see no stinking whatchamacallits!!

You done hide them!!!

Thumbnail by BLOSSOMBUDDY
Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

go back and look again! They are bright green, and show badly... I am on my way outside now!

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

The only name I have heard used for those whatchamacallits are floral tubes. I have collected a few also in my days, but have not yet used them.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well, I sure did not see them until you told me to go look again! I was so taken with the daffs, no one here was looking for any mechanics! Its still pretty!

Now here's what I would do to hide them, put some statice or other light airy filler and the bow and I think that would do it! With a dry filler, you would not need another "whatchamacallit" ( we call them orchid picks) to hide then and just wire it in. You can leave the orchid picks on the wreath and just change those fresh flowers when they are done!

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

that is my plan on changing th flower... I am envisioning roses and babys breath, both of which will be in my garden. I think I have solved hiding the picks, but I cant find my ribbon

london England, United Kingdom

Hi Yardqueen, Gorgeous spring wreath !! it's so cheerful, love it!

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks, Terri! It is gone now though... I need to find some flowers...

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

and for yardqueens next trick......drumroll please!!!

Hi Yardqueen,
What do you usually have flowering first? How are your seedlings doing?
I started a new thread for March 2009 in the garden. Please share your garden pictures as things start to grow!! Thank you Queen of Yards LOL!

Iris and Pussywillow in a vase.

Thumbnail by terriculture
Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

Usually daffodils 1st, then Forsythia followed by Hyacinth and any tulips that manage to come back. Also the Bradford Pears and Redbud trees are blooming. I used all of these except the daffodils in my latest "trick" as Blossumbuddy called it... I also used some bougainvillia which is blooming in the greenhouse. The kids came for dinner tonight so I was showing off... LOL

Thumbnail by yardqueen1948
Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

And of course the matching one on the other side...

Thumbnail by yardqueen1948
Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

Terri,

and the seedlings are great! I already had to separate some into their own pots. Almost everything I planted has already come up. I will take pics...

Oh Yardqueen! That looks BEAUTITUL, love how you added to it with the other spring material. The Boogie is a gorgeous pink! I've only seen the purple one. The kids were impressed I'm sure!!!
The pictures are really good, would love to hang this on the flowerpot cafe door to welcome everyone!
Looking forward to seeing your seedlings and garden come to life! Have you sown any sweet peas?
Thanks for sharing your pretty flowers!

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

Terri,

Thank you! I didn't add to the last wreath, though. I started completely over. I really enjoy making the wreaths. I guess it is because I never thought about making them from fresh flowers until I thought about using the orchid picks. I need a medicine dropper though, so it will be easier to add water.

I will be honored for you to hang them on the door of the cafe. I will drop by in a little while to drop them off!

Yes I did some sweet peas. I am not sure if they came up or not. I can't get to all of my containers to see what they are!

I am going to take pics today and I will post some on the "thread for March 2009 in the garden." And I will post some of the trees and the forsythia...

Good idea for the medicine dropper! (the things we do for our flowers) LOL!

So pleased you are going to bring your wreath to the cafe', it will make the place look a bit more inviting and upmarket!!!
It sounds like you have done loads of seeds, looking forward to your pics!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Yardqueen, now that is some spring magic!!! Lovely dear! Lovely!

Ribbet

This thread has got quite long, please join me in the new one! .....

Just stick flowers in a vase!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Should we add a page Number to the link? What page would it be 2?
Not sure if this is the original so someone here will have to guide us!

Hop hop!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Try the hop over here

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/962058/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.