She's about to... #22

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Hotties, the chatting continues here....
Linda Kay

Thumbnail by taters55
(Phyllis) Osceola, PA(Zone 5b)

Am I # 1 ??

Looks like it!
Good morning. How are you doing today?
Nice and cool here, have the doors open. Plants are sooo happy. Still waiting on some buds to show up.
LK

Thanks Linda Kay...

Yesterday was the DH's birthday so I wasn't on last night...
Went shopping with my DSD and got a few more gray hairs...
Lets just say I got a hold of the car keys and did the rest of the driving....LOL

She and her DH and my 2 other GD's came down when her dad got home from work...
Then we went and cut up the treetop outside..in the rain...LOL
Then had a late supper..
So it was prtty late..

Donna nice to hear from you and glad your feeling better enough to join the hotties...
Hello Lisa and thanks for getting your mom connected again : )

Hey AuntB the country mouse isn't the one squeaking on #11...
Wonder who is?? ummmhemmm here comes those bruggie switches...LOL

I watching my newest GD today so i'll be in and out...
Trying to play catchup...

Midwest City, OK(Zone 7b)

Good morning Hotties! Cool here this morning, had to dig out the sweats. Four buds still growing nicely even though the leaves are munched. This seems like a very long wait! Is it always this bad, or just with your first?? I know, I need patience. :)

So glad to see Donna on last night.. Take care of yourself and get out of there, even if it is a "resort" hospital.

Have a good day all, got to get back to work. Lov, Peg

Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

Horray I start to move today thank god I will be so happy in my new place..............James

(Louise) Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Cat the lower temps at night you don't have to worry...I was reading up on brugs and the ideal temps are 80's during the day and 40's at night...so they are happy campers. It is a little nervewracking wondering if they are gonna go lower though. I am waiting for mine to open fully too. A watched brug never opens!! LOL
Linda Kay LOVE that cartoon...isn't that the truth!
Phyllis tell your DH we said happy birthday!!!
And good mornig to all!!

Ride Em Cowgirl...

Thumbnail by lilsista59
(Karen) Frankston, TX(Zone 8a)

Hey all you hottie totties! I am back from drowning in the sea of old threads....I joined in #13 so it didn't take me TOO long to catch up....I learned alot!

Ok Peggy, if you come to the ET RU, you will get to meet Becky AND me! Whaddaya say, two for the price of one? LOL! Seriously, I would love to meet you!

Linda Kay with the tattoos and Maxine? Wha....we are alot alike! I have 9 tattoos myself ;) AND my nose is pierced and I did it myself! Long before they were "popular"....Caught all kinds of crap about that in the redneck community I live in...(say, how do you blow your nose with that there thing in there?)

Clemen started Hotties, and once had a different user name? And she REALLY hates being called Clemencia, so I promise I won't never never do that again. (or Clementine, haha!)

It was so much fun going down "memory lane" and now I feel like I know everyone on a completely different level. I'm glad I took the time to do it. I appreciate being welcomed wholeheartedly by such a wonderful and loving group. I already feel like I've known you forever...

I really enjoyed the trip down Hottie memory lane...

Close Up..

Thumbnail by lilsista59

Karen, that must have taken you some time to go back and read the threads. Yes, we have been through a lot here, and I love all my new Hottie friends. Don't know what we wold do with out each other!
LK

lilsista59, that is such a cutie you have there! Looks very happy!
LK

Yeah I get lots of Grandma smiles...LOL
But it's getting pretty close to feeding time at the zoo....LOL
L8er

Oh and I forgot to add that one of my tattoos is a lavender rose, LOL! Don't you and Louise both have one? Yes, it took awhile but I'm glad I did :) Found some great recipes too, haha! Gonna make dirty cabbage tonight.

I'm going to Lowe's today to buy potting soil, fert. etc. and pot my brug cuttings up. I am really nervous as I grow absolutely nothing in pots here, it all goes in the ground so this will be a definite learning experience.

Phyllis what cute pictures! JAMES....WOOHOO! Congrats!!! Have a great move...you all packed??

Karen, I would put the brugs in pots for the winter, and then put them in the ground next spring. That is what I am going to do. I will build up some beds over the winter, so I can have it ready for spring. Good luck to all with over wintering the brugs, and dats.
LK

South Coast, RI(Zone 6b)

Morning all
TY Linda Kay for the new thread.
Phyllis She is a little doll,can't wait to see mine.
Morning James glad to hear you are ready to move
Cat and Louise I'm praying for your perfect blooms, They will come
Karen glad you got to read them all, I did it too a long time ago, I think I popped on in 7 but had been lurkin since 4. It is good to read all the way back.
Peg your blooms will come too, I know they will. It was very special for me last night when I saw your "if you could have one more plant list" and you remembered my Banana. Thank you so much, maybe it seems silly but all I could think is peg remembered my banana.

(Becky) Colmesneil, TX(Zone 8b)

Mornin Hotties and handsomes!!

Wow.. I just wizzed to the bottom... really like the new thread..lol TY Linda Kay!! Isn't it nice ouside!!

Phyllis... HB to your DH.. belated!! ..LOL Did he get BDay cake?? AWWWW... Arianna is growing, and still as cute as ever!!

Peg.. I am sooo glad I didn't see my lil okra till they were 3' long... I don't know if I could have stood it..

James.. YAY.. today's the day?? Wish us hotties could be there to help.. know we are with you in spirit!!

weese... I remember that slip ..sliding.. tomato plant "cuttings" you did..lolol... even though I know it hurt at the time... Hope you are feeling better this morning!!Ty for reminding me of the temps the brugs like!!

Karen... ewwwieee!! NINE???? You must like pain..lol.. I have to admit.. I tried doing my own lil tatoo when I was young.. but either I couldn't stand the pain and didn't get it deep enough or the ink wasn't permament..LOL.. but it faded away.. Have fun at Lowes!!

Midwest City, OK(Zone 7b)

Tee hee, Donna, just you wait. I have baby bananas and unless they get too big , I will be ready to ship one to you next spring. I also probably am going to ship my hydrangeas to Cathy, so ya'll are covered.

Donna, do you want some of the red brug seeds? It's back in the last thread some where.

Back to work! Lov, Peg

Hi Donna!!! So proud you are feeling better and back with us! On the plant list? I would be happy with any blue hibiscus as long as it's a hardy variety. I'm not picky at all, just looking for a blue or deep purple variety. I just saw that pic I put up and had to share it because it's so gorgeous.

Phyllis that baby is adorable!!! Give her kisses for me. Donna I know you can't wait to kiss that little baby Aidan....How is Siobhan doing? Is she helping Mommy with the baby?

I took the liberty of RE-POSTING our beloved AuntB who reposted our beloved Peg's

Below is Peg's post from #20

Hey ya'll short and sweet for tonight. Just checking in before you send out the troops after me.

In response to Louise's "new plant in the spring" question, we already started a list of "if I had one more plant, what would it be" and Bonnie and I were going to try to work on it... LOL, there was a reason for this question. Sneaky, huh?

Here's the list so far...
Lilsista - Plumeria rubra, Polynesian Sunset -seeds online...Peg made me do it....LOL
Happgarden- ?Rose
cat64129- ?Hydrangea
AuntB -Bonnie- Clerodendrum- ((Deb))
Sandra_D ?rose & brugs -Kim on the brug and she's gettin Brugs from Bonnie whether she wants them or not-Recieved from Kim...
Louise - Lemon or calamondin
Karen- Blue Hibiscus
Posey- Rugosa rose Bush
Donna- Hardy banana
Clemen- Clivia
Kim- Jade vine
Werewolfie- Hummingbird vine -Deb
taters55-blue hibiscus
beck5711- Daylilies- Loves the Color Pink but likes them all especially ruffled ones..but no ditch has plenty of those- lilsista59
santeelissa - Brugmansia Cassie's Curls-Bonnie
dahtzu- Faye..any brugs -Bonnie (P. Versi) Hardy Blue Hibiscus
Pensacolagarden-James- Key Lime
Peg- Ginger Plant- Beck5711
Iris28- Primula- Silver Lace Black
1anjil- Dichondra Silver Falls....(can change later.. : ).... )
Doe41-Audrey- Plumeria

Everybody add to it, we can all work and see if we can get everybody what they want, okay?

This message was edited Oct 3, 2008 10:35 AM

Karen! 9 tattoos? oh my gosh! I have one and swore I would never get another. Horrible pain! I yelled all the way through it and kicked the guy. My rose has a curly end because of it! Yikes! So many people who can take pain!

Donna!!!! Sweetie!!!! How ya feeling? You are typing better lol. I missed you! You are usually posting as early as I am. I have a NOID brug with a bud too. Budded right below the new Y. The bud is bigger than the Y.

South Coast, RI(Zone 6b)

Thank you Peg, I will love the nana and the burg seed too.
Hi Beck so good to talk to you.
Karen, Siobhan, aidan, mommy and dad are great. I will see them later on camera.

South Coast, RI(Zone 6b)

Yippie Louise, you got a big bud coming.

yeppers you missed my posting of the flowers I am waiting to open...I will repost it for you Donna!

Thumbnail by lavender4ever
Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

Well I would love a Key lime...........lol Yeah thanks everyone I am all packed and ready to go here I can not wait to move I will start moving things this evening.

James

(dana)Owensboro, KY(Zone 6a)

i every one ,
im gonna jump in here and introduce my self . im new to brugs . i grow lots of roses and iris and daylilies and other things . ive only been gardening seriously for a year. i went over board this year and theres no end in sight . i even went and got a bunch more house plants so i can have more things to tend to this winter . im addicted to plants . and i know im gonna be introuble when i see these brugs bloom next year ..

Welcome Iris! So good to have you here with the crazy wonderful group of hotties! Do you have any Brugs already?

Welcome Iris!!!! How many brugs do you have? Any other tropicals?

i havnt had a chance to read back and catch up . my dh works on a boat and he goes back today . 28 days on and 28 off : '(

james where are you moving ? out of state ?

Iris what kind of houseplants ya got?

South Coast, RI(Zone 6b)

Hi Iris and welcome to our wacky plantaholic world. You're going to love it here and fit right in.
Donna

i have 2 rooted cuttings , island girl and shredded . i got them this week . there are passifloras i want to try . there are one or 2 hardy here . i think . i have a palm inside . and i saw a gigantic bird of paradise at lowes im trying to stop myself from getting . i grow a few callas and peace lilies inside . nothing awesome yet . im about to get a newbie package from cathy . im so exited about that

I'm new to this editing stuff so you's will have to remind me if I miss anything....

Welcome Iris...

South Coast, RI(Zone 6b)

Great bud Louise, she's about to.... and soon. Can't wait for pixs

yesterday i got some african violets and something called fittonia "juanita" its green with a pink grid-like pattern and a pink peace lily .i think thats what it is . the leaves are different than my white one .i have to look it up .

Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

I am moving to another place here in Pensacola iris28 thanks for asking...................James

Yesterday I got a new vine cutting...think it's an Orange/red honeysuckle....
Was waiting for my DSD to pick me up in the bank parking lot and it sorta just jumped into my pocket...
Can't figure out how these things happen??

lol its hard to keep up lol i forgot about my dollar fifty hibiscus . i rescued from walmart

Thumbnail by iris28

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.