She's about to... #22

(Becky) Colmesneil, TX(Zone 8b)

heres the pic... it's wet

Thumbnail by beck5711
(Louise) Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

That plumie looks very happy Becky!

(Karen) Frankston, TX(Zone 8a)

pretty little maidens, all in a row, LOL! Had some tiny roots on all of these, so I transplanted them into cups with Orchid moss too finish developing so I'll have nice plugs to plant in the pots. I'm so proud of them! They are sunbathing now....

Thumbnail by darkmoondreamer

Peg.. I am confused too..lol I was thinking spring, but then I heard fall.. but you are getting this ginger in 2 weeks..LOL.. you'll have to pick out something else. I also have a lil solid green ginger you are welcome to, and ..I need to go take a pic... I have "something" that I am wondering if it might be a ginger, but it's never bloomed and I have had it at least 6 yrs.. brb!!

(dana)Owensboro, KY(Zone 6a)

LOL oh my goodness i feel silly ... i meant primula ... but actually id love plumeria ..

photo courtesy annies annuals

Thumbnail by iris28

beck when you said concrete i was like , what???

ill probably end up buying it again when i get the nerve to pay 27 dollars in shipping

here's the pic... ya'll know what this is??

weese.. NOOOO I am not through with Ike..lol I have maybe 1/2 acre raked, and IF I get around to the rest.. that will be ok. I have most all the limbs picked up, so I say.. get the tractor out and just crunch them up.. the leaves and lil branches....lol.. where's a pic of the brug bloom?? ty on the plummie.. sure was surprised that it's done as well as it has
Karen.. wow.. all the lil soldiers in a row. I read about that orchid moss.. pretty neat!!

Hello everyone.. don't mean to leave anyone out.. we are all important hotties.. I am going to asee Momma... BBL!! Ya'll behave!!..LOL

Thumbnail by beck5711
Minneapolis, MN

Wow, I just went to post a message and then I saw Karen's pic of the brugs and now I lost my message. LOL. Opened the pic up and poof! So maybe I should just keep them in water till they root! Mary Kay said to put them in Miracle Grow and keep moist but I don't even know how much of the stalk to put into the soil. That was one my questions to Kim. Karen you cracked me up about the roller blades. Not a bad idea if my house was one level. Isis, do you have your toddlers all the time too? I couldn't imagine two Amiyah's running around. I would have had to have been cloned along time ago to handle two of her. We went to Home Depot and got the potting soil and pots and she kept throwing the pots all over the truck. DH wasn't to pleased with that. NOw I am trying to remember everything I put in the lost post but I know I will forget someone. Clem, sorry about the bad weather. We had that a couple of days ago right after it was 85 then dropped to 65 the next day and then dropped to 55 for two days and now today it is once again gorgeous! Becky, Thanks! : ) Gotta go water. I really would like to know the best way to grow these brugs. Soil right away (no roots, yet) or water. And how deep? Thanks lovelies

(Phyllis) Osceola, PA(Zone 5b)

Iris No problem I fixed it...LOL

Don't know if anyone wants Plumeria Seeds...??
Or I can try and get them started in styrofoam cups Easier to just break it away to transplant..
and then they'll get a seedling or 2 (maybe) depending on how many germinate...There's a total of 45 seeds coming and I sure don't need that many...LOL
BUT It says their all not gaurenteed to germinate!!

(Karen) Frankston, TX(Zone 8a)

Sandra I took a bit of everyone's advice and mixed it all together. I placed the cuttings in a pail with a bubble stone and water with a dash of peroxide for about a week until they all had large white nubbies and quite a few had little roots. I personally wanted to SEE some evidence of roots before I potted. Then I soaked the orchard moss in water, squeezed out and put them in cups. I plan on watering with water and Superthrive until they develop a good root system in the cups, and THEN transferring into pots with miricle grow potting soil.

Becky, that looks like a ginger OR a BOP. That is my guess!

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

Wow you guys! 22 threads already!! :)

How is everyone?

This message was edited Oct 2, 2008 3:19 PM

Minneapolis, MN

Thanks Karen. I have never worked with a bubble stone. Where can I pick one up? Do I want to make a fresh cut as they do not look so well after traveling from PA. I did pick up Miracle Grow but that can wait. And, where do I find orchard moss. Never heard of Superthrive, either. And, from what I see of your row of cups, LOL, I think I bought some really big pots. And now, I hear the super baby is up. Gotta go. She is in the stage that If I don't get her outta the crib as soon as she wakes up. I get up there to a naked baby. LOL (ANd wet sheets)

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

Hello!!!!!!!! Karen I love your bathing beauty's : ) Hi Amanda ^_^
Sandy your cuttings had nubbies when I sent them..did they rot?

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

AMANDA! Hi there, you found us! How've you been? My, I'll never catch up.. lol Sandy, airstone/air pump for fish aquariums.... Hi Kim! Phyllis, you are busy today and Posy, I envy your outside garden/relaxation room sounds divine! Karen those are so cute lined up like that...and labeled... you been busy too!

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Becky, that looks like ginger. I have a large one getting ready to bloom.

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Oh, forgot to add I learned this trick from Clemen on another thread... Superthrive is vitamins for plants... buy some B1 vitamins and dissolve one in a gallon of water... same thing..

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

WAIT... not sure which B vitamin it is, need to check with Clemen...

(AnjL) Fremont, CA(Zone 9b)

okay... I got it... I think! (does it HAVE to be a flower?)

what i'm really wanting to add to my garden right now is 'silver falls' Dichondra. It is a gorgeous silver plant that grows really, really long from a hanging planter. I looked for seeds all spring and summer, even looked in the stores to buy a plant....but never found one. A DGer was going to send me a cutting at one point, but it never arrived :( and she is no longer an active member...

so if anyone has silver falls seeds or cuttings... I would LOVE some :o)
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/56847/

Minneapolis, MN

Kim....I don't know what I am supposed to be looking for. And, White Noid and Yellow noid are wilting down. Did you read the post that when I received them two days ago, they were so, so cold. AAAAHHHHH, I've already killed them.

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Gosh, I usually let it die with the frost here, 1AnjL.. I don't think I bought any last spring... (sold as an annual here)... I'll look tonight, I can dig em up for you, IF I have any... (making a note, NOW) ..

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Have not, Sandy, calm down. (AND it begins...... )

Minneapolis, MN

LOL, AuntB

anjl i dont have any but it would look great swaying from my awning lol . im starting to be a plant horder .. i want all that i see

Should I put 1anjil down for that or let her pick something else??

Told ya SandyO....TeeHeeHee

sandra , i have 3 boys 15 month 3 yrs and 8 yrs . luckily i had them young ( i started at 20 )and i can still keep up but the noise makes me tired mentally

Sandy Listen to AuntB : ) Does anyone have a pic of the nubbies? If they are really wilting you can submerge them in a tub of water til they firm up.

Nassau County, NY(Zone 7a)

NEWS

Donnita is home but another bad reaction to medicine, she is better now and told me to post for her. Keep the positive thinking for her fast recovery!

Will be back later, just got in from work and need to take care of dinner for this family.

Sandra...the moss is called Orchid Moss..NOT Orchard Moss. It is Sphagnum moss packaged for orchids I believe.

Minneapolis, MN

I'm doing alot of O'ing right now to the last several posts. LOL So I will lay the two wilting ones down like they are floating in water. Hopefully, 48 hours wasn't too late.

Sandra what exactly is wilting?? Stem... Leaves??

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Hold the edit on that list, Phyllis, I'll check when I get home and post if I have some or not... gotta run for groceries first so, I may be out there with the flashlight, again. (wish my thinker could retain info) I thought the list was for now or in spring or however long it takes...till us Hotties get that one thing we've yearned for... I know I thin plants out or let them freeze this time of year.

OOOOPS but I put she can change it later : )....

That's why I went out and got lissa's honeysuckle in the rain
before it all died back..

Here is a pic of the nubbies....

Thumbnail by kimarj
NE, KS(Zone 5b)

When you get brugs with leaves on them via mail, it's very normal for them to drop leaves or look wilty.. they've been in a dark, stuffy box for at least a couple days. I always keep mailed plants out of direct sun for a few days to help acclimate them back into their "ideal" environment. I've unwilted roses by totally submerging in water... Sandy, lay something on them, so they aren't floating..

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Nice "but" shot, Kim ;) and your nubbies ain't bad either... (couldn't help it)

This message was edited Oct 2, 2008 8:28 PM

it's a mouse pad ; } tee heee...

Minneapolis, MN

Okay, I recognize those on the nubbies. One has a root. But the two were the thinner ones. The other two remind me of a chunck of sugar cane and look good. But the two thin ones remind me of very thin asparagus that was left out in the sun and it is the stalk and the leaves on these two that are wilted.

Nassau County, NY(Zone 7a)

yeah right, hee hee, you know Kim there are men on this thread too

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.