Canna #5

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

getting colder here, but today is nice, trying to keep the GH clean and still managing to find things to drag somewhere for winter...lol!

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Layed out side in the Hamock today darn am tired now Paul

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

You're tired from laying in a hammock all day? I'm tired from spending almost 2 hrs filling out a Home Depot app. lol

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

hey phicks.. Winter: that time of the year when your cooling bill goes down and the growing season slows a little and the rest of the countrys heating bills go up and all their plants freeze

Not only freeze but die sometimes. lol. And we get tons of ice and snow and wrecks everywhere when the weatherman says snow. And while the cooling bill goes down the heating bill goes up and up. lol

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Lol Whats a Heating Bill ?

Move north again and you will be reminded. :~p

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Favorite Halloween Candy ???????

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Lobster Rolls

I can see you are really into this halloween thing Paul.. guess you really go all out with the lobster bake for all the kiddies....

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

you know the kids probably have to throw those away, only wrapped food items are safe.

peanut butter cups

Those peanut butter cups are pretty good. lol I don't really have a favorite.

Paul, send me some of those rolls.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

...the special dark miniatures....no one hands those out anymore...almond joy...lol..those smarties...

as you can tell my daughter's candy gets raided pretty well

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

M@M s

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

mmmm candy - Trop, I found some of those dark chocolate bars this year at Safeway... I think it's a mix with Mr. GoodBar, Special dark and a couple of others. I'm keeping it sealed until Halloween, too dangerous!

I was going to organize the garage this morning, but found a ginormous icky stripey- butted bug dead in my garage and now I'm totally freaked out and itchy. I'm being a total girl.

M&Ms don't last long in this house. My dad and I fight over them. LOL. Almond joys are good too and my mom loves them.

Red, I have gotten used to bugs but if it's big then I tend to freak out too. lol

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

we get those sprickets hopping out of everything..I don't know what they're called, like half spider, half cricket. I was eyeing an oakleaf hydrangea for cuttings then suddenly noticed a long green snake curled up in the top of it......I know they're harmless but he scared me..lol

it's the reese's cups that go fast here, and snickers...

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

Snickers smarties and candy corn. Still like to bite off the different color sections of the candy corn like I did when I was a kid. A millenium ago, there was a rich widower that gave away full size three muskateers. A very popular stop, to say the least.
Paul, if I ever get down to visit my cousin in Vero Beach, I'll swing by for some of those lobster rolls!

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

LOL

I am glad we don't have snakes here... rattlers at the edge of town and in the country.. that is generally it.. haven't seen a snake in over 25 years.

I don't get trick or treaters at my house.. they don't come down my street. The come to my mothers house by the truck load.. she buys the 'fun size' candys... saw a thing on line of what not to buy.. fun size was listed.. no one wants fun size.. well , whoever wrote that was not doing the buyig! $13 for a package of candy! ... she will go through at least 2 of those and finally have to close the door .. what do they expect.. want you to go broke feeding the entire city!? I chip in a cannister of glow bracelets to help when we run out of candy every year. This year I am copping out on her.. our hockey team has its opening home game that night.. they are 4-1-0 so far .. not missing that game.. sorry mom.. she was disappointed yesterday when I told her... using her season ticket to go too! .. unless I can track down a free ticket from one of our other friends with season tickets who is not going.. that is usually how I go through the season.. just can't afford $530 for the tickets.

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

I wish that was all it cost to watch the Avalanche. That will get you about 6 seats in the upper deck, and maybe a beer or two. I paid $78 for game 7 of the 2001 Stanley Cup. I think its $89 for the same, regular season seats. Getting carried away here, it's a sore spot. Have fun, Tammie. Hope your team kicks butt, literally and figuratively!! Oh yeah, those candy bars were given out in the mid 70s, and the guy was rich, so.... And, we could even eat home made popcorn balls without worrying about visits to the emergency room.

I remember those days.. we had a house that gave out the jumbo bars of hersheys... loved to go there.. mom had a fit when she found out I went there because it was quite a long way from where we lived...

Our hockey team is a minor leaguue team CHL so not as expensive but I get just as hoarse yelling at the games and have just as much fun.. but here you see the guys at the store and can talk to them and they are friendly too. Decent tickets are only $24 if you need to buy them.

Been awhile since anyone has posted on here. lol

Been busy here. Still no job though I am looking. The economy is pretty bad so I know it will probably be awhile.

I really haven't been doing too much but what time has been flying and Thanksgiving is right around the corner. Yikes!! But then that means I can hit some stores and get things super cheap. Whoo hoo!! LOL

I asked the Dr last week to clear me to return to work.. now I need to find a new job... really don't want to look. Funds are running low so guess I have to. Hopefully the pain will not return when I start back to working full time. That is the real test. Little things around the house are nothing compared to the real thing. I have cannas blooming today. Dodged the cold this past weekend and the blooms managed to survive. It has been such a terrible summer I have had very few blooms.

See if you can find a part time job. That might be better starting off than full time.

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

Tammie, that stinks (put cleanly) about your job and back! I finally found a job about a month ago, driving gas and diesel into and across the mountains, just in time for winter. I wish you luck in your job hunt. And miss pepper, you too. I wish you luck. Now get off your butt, you young whipper-snapper, and get to work! LOL

As a side note, the co-ops are being closed. I had to find out about it on a yahoo co-op group that I also use sometimes. It is all being discussed here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/921605/

LOL. Trust me, I miss working. As soon as the weather clears and I have time I am gonna go to the barn and hang out. If I ge lucky I can muck out some stalls. That's the kind of work I enjoy. LOL. Come home stinking so much that people around me pass out. LOLOL

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi everyone! Good luck to Pepper and Tammy, the economy is so bad.

I'm going to check out your link on the co-ops -

(I overcame my fear of the big bad bug and cleaned out the garage. :-

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

ok, the thread about the co-ops took me a few hours to read : ) - just kidding I'm stripping the floor too.

** wow, people were mad over there. I had never been to the co-op board, it seems like a good way to go - did any of you have good luck there?

I have only done 2 co-ops cause I used to get free plants from work but the ones I have been in have been great! Just pick carefully and if it looks well run then go for it. I just did the Summer Hills seed one and it ran very smooth.

I have run 3 co ops and participated in several with great success.. lost out on one co op but we knew it was a gamble from the beginning. I loved the co ops. Just got my neem oil th other day from that co op.. it was a great buy!

We have our first real freeze coming tonight. Bye bye canna blooms!

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

well and now they are gone before I had a chance to try them - ; )

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

Dave's have changed their mind, what with so many people up in arms. I've done several co-ops and have always had great results, and for cheap, too.

First measurable snow in Denver, though it has been snowing in the mountains regularly enough. I get to drive up their 5 days a week. Was going to Rifle, delivering diesel for the gas fields. Going through Keystone, Copper Mountain and Vail. Lately have been going to Craig(NW corner of state), doing the same thing, but going through Winter Park and Steamboat. Beautiful countryside. Tonight is suppose to be in the teens. Oh joy!!!

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Just wanted to say "Happy Thanksgiving" to everyone here..... who's cooking a big bird? and Trop are you going to have a tofurkey? .... have you ever tried one? My veggie husband wants me to cook one next year. ......the sides are what make it for me anyway.

Hope everyone has a great day :D

Tracy

We're not cooking a turkey but we are going over to a family member's house to eat there.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

I managed to crawl off the couch long enough to meet my parents at Furrs cafeteria to eat some turkey.. then back to bed... been sick since sunday night. Saw the dr friday. got some antibiotics and am actually starting to feel a little better.. may be human by monday at this rate but am sooo tired!

Hope everyone had a much better Thanksgiving than I did!

Get better soon!!

My Thanksgiving was noisy. I had a cousin challenging me to make him laugh, then throwing things at me. Another cousin was running around and another one was complaining cause my aunt and I both smacked him and told him to stay out of the Deviled Eggs or there wasn't gonna be any left for dinner. He said that was the whole point. LOL. It was all fun and a nice distraction.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

You Can Have my tofurkey LOL

YUCK!!! LOL

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

...you guys can joke all you want but you have no idea the trouble I had to go through to get a veggie turkey for Thanksgiving...hard to find those things around here, I had to hunt it down and kill it with my bare hands...lol....

can't believe my nephew and my grandma really liked the tofurkey
hope y'all had a nice holiday, I had a blast, got to see lots of old friends, go to parties and went bowling last night for the first time in forever.......still feel like I have a few pounds to work off

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.