Heidi Chronicles: The Kids Grow Up So Fast

Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

Oh, I'm sure I would be looking for her all the time, too! She's like a pet who's wandered off.

Cheryl, any chance we can get a new thread soon? ....dumb ol' dialup....

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

Oops! KyWood

Thanks so much for the heads up. I completely forgot about it. Didn't realize we were up to 160 replies. I'll try to take care of that before I go to bed tonight. I took the camera out tonight and got a handful of pics. Don't know how good they are. There was such a crowd tonight - everyone came at the same time - so I just fired the camera as often as possible until the battery ran out. Didn't try to focus on any one raccoon or catch any particular action as they were moving and changing faster than my shutter closes.

As for them eating so much last night, most of the kits are getting pretty big now, so that makes for quite a few mouths (and tummies) to feed. They probably only ate about 1/2 of the loaf of bread. The other 1/2 was left on the ground after they licked the preserves and frosting off, but I figured that was ok since it left something for the cleanup crew of opossums and/or Cruella and her kits. I had also put out about 1/2 of a Stoufers chicken vegetable lasagne (family size entree) and a cup of rice pilaf. Surprisingly, several of the raccoons ate some of that mix, but there was also some left for the opossums when I left. Nothing remained by morning, of course.

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

Ok, here is our new thread: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/907852/

KyWoods, thank you so much for reminding me. Who knows when I would have gotten around to it otherwise.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.