Boy #1's Holiday at AlohaHoya Heavenly Retreat

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

A lot of royalty hanging around these forums!!!!LOL
Christi glad to see your getting back to the ole Christi again!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Hi, Don. Have been missing you. Hope all is well in Kansas. Where is Pepper these days?

Yep, Mike said I must be better because I am bossier and more critical of him. hahaha

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Doing well,glad to hear you doing better,yep your getting back to your normal self again,being bossy is just a woman's nature!!!LOL

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Whoa...I resemble that remark! LOL

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Now Carol you feeling good enough to be riding that horse??? Whoa!!!!
Just getting myself in a mental state her,for when Sarah Palin becomes Vice President,I like her,but do I need another woman to boss me around???LOL

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Horse? a high horse?

Wont touch that other statement...no way!! Would get invited to leave DG soooooooo fast!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Right?! I knew when to keep my mouth closed!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

That was meant for Christi,and you jumped in heels first,always just in fun!!!!
As always women are equal to men!
And I still think Sarah would make an excellent Vice President!
Oh be careful dismounting,horses tend to be jumpy now and then!!!LOL

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

mmmuffle.rrghhmuffle...mmmm..

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Here I go to the doc and ya'll get into a fitz. Good news, good news.
He says I am ahead of the curve. Come back in 2 months and in the meantime let my body be my guide. Asked specifically if I could go back to the garden and he specifically said "No". Too much bending and up and down. Since I in no way want to repeat this experience I am going to be good. He did confirm that the anesthesia gave them more than they bargained for and I had to be resuscitated. And that after I did a DNR order. hhhhhmmmmm. Just think, ya'll could be through with my nonsense. Still having flashbacks and guess that answers the question why. Could explain why Mike has been so exceedingly tender these last weeks. Oh well! Didn't happen so let's get on with the show.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Carol, planning to come your home sometime in the future. Refuse to let these pictures be all I ever see. Watched a dvd about the whales today and thought of our time together on Maui. What a day!!! Of course, there is a very long list of others that we will want to include. How many beds do you have anyway?

PK

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

oooh..yeah but a DNR order is for other than the attending medical staffs mistakes. I'll have to remember that for the future..what is the finer print

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Hadn't thought of that. Mike was there and he heard Dr. Park tell the nurse to ease off on the iv. Instead she added muscle relaxant and all hxxx broke loose. Mike told DR. P. he blamed her. I don't blame anyone. Nothing to gain.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

so true...my hips were a result of Dr. error too...

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

LOL! Thanks RJ !!!!LOL

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

RJ Would you and your friend need a place to escape the storm. You know my door is always open.

PK

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

okay..thanks...
Brians Step Dad passed away, and he is leaving for Charolette tomorrow.
I'll probably go over to Margaretts.

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Don't you want to stay home and keep it safe....?

So in the middle of the storm you are going to drive home and see how things are going? Any windows broken and rain flooding in?

This message was edited Sep 10, 2008 4:33 PM

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Yes,
she just lives a couple miles from me.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Randy, I know Don laughed, but I didn't get the joke. Were your replacements really caused by medical error????

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Oh ...He was laughing at my keeping my mouth shut further up the line..muuffgle..lol

Yes and I'll include myself in that responsibility. It was a lack of communication from primary care to my skin Dr. and me not knowing how vile prednisone is. I must have taken it unnecessarily for 2 years until I visited home...My Step Mom is an RN and taught pharmacology at Seattle community college. Turns out long term use destroys the joints. And the prescription was for nothing more than an annoying itch. It should never have been allowed to refill.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Sorry about Brian's step-dad. He must have been a young man.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Yeah..I think he was only 57 or so.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh goodness. Mike will 68 tomorrow. Funny how what is old and what is young changes every year.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I know...I hang out with the 68 crowds...I think it's young now!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

You aren't the first I have heard of with problems from prescriptions. Thank goodness you got taken care of though. Glad you hang with us more mature folks...not cuz we are wiser or anything, but when time becomes limited the fun becomes more intense and focused on what is important.

There was a time when going out on the weekend drinking and dancing was what ruled my world. Now I can't even imagine it!!! Much more important things to do, and when I do go out I want to HEAR what my friends are saying....ha ha ha.

Unfortunately, age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

Yokwe all,
Shari

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Whaddyamean? 68 IS young!!!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

yeah! yeah!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I know...there was a time I liked that too...now it doesn't even tempt me, in fact I run the other way..I'd rather hang out at home with friends..and so would they.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

We are even careful to pick restuarants that are not too noisy so we can actually have a conversation. Often get with friends with the expectation of going out to eat and Mike winds up cooking here. By far the best.

Sorry for those that are leaving their homes behind tonight and don't know what they will find when they return.

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Hi, everyone.

I just discovered this thread. Thank you so much, Randy for sharing those pictures from Carol's corner paradise on The Big Island. I am so mad at The Fates for not being able to go visit Carol when we went on our hawai'ian cruise in April 07.

Think of it, I was right there just a few miles away from Carol's but circumstances conspired against me. I guess it wasn't meant to be. Come to think of it, a lot of things were not meant to be on that trip. I won't dwell on that. I have said it before and I will say it again: I want to return to The Big Island and Maui some time in 2009, maybe for my birthday in April. Who's with me?

Take care, all.
Sylvain.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Fun to contemplate.....

I've been contemplating that for a while now, specially when Braddah Iz's music is playing in my car and I'm singing along.

Sylvain.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

oh I heard about that Sylvain..that was just incredibly unlucky....OR,
you were spared some horrible fate that would have happened..hmm? It may have turned out to be the best thing that ever happened for that day and moment in time...unfortuneatly, we don't usually understand or are advised of things of this nature.
Do you feel better yet? :)

Hello, everyone.

Yes, Randy, I am feeling better now. Thank you for asking. The flu degenerated into tonsilitis, which I neglected for a few days before I finally went and consulted that doctor of mine. I hate him so much, I have to be near death before I call his office for an appointment. A full set of antibiotics later, I am feeling like myself again.

I heard somewhere on one of the threads that your house and your delightful garden suffered damages during Ike. How extensive are the damages? That reminds me of the ice storm of Jan. 98 in Montreal where we had just returned from a luxurious Panama Canal cruise on a brand-new ship only to find ourselves in the middle of a disaster situation, without power, light or heat for 7 consecutive days in the harsh canadian winter a mere 2 days after returning from the tropics.

It was a rude awakening. We were the lucky ones, so to speak. We lived in an urban environment. Power was only off for 7 days, as I said. When the power finally returned, the aquariums had started freezing.

We have some friends that lived in truly rural areas that were without power for 31 days. The worst case was a menopausal friend of ours who had slowly but surely turned into a cat lady: 42 indoor cats in the house (ammonia city). She hid in her house when the police knocked at the door to force her to evacuate because she didn't want to leave her darn cats alone. She didn't have any light on at night because the patrols would have seen that light from the road and forced her out.

After 31 days without power, their combined breath had condensed and frozen on the walls, the floors and the ceilings. She had to break away 1 1/4 ice with a hammer, pick it off the floor with a shovel and throw it outside before she could turn the heat on again.

I would have just burned the place down but that's my excessive side. We spoke to her last week. To this day, she is still spackling the walls in there. She'll start painting when she's done with the spackling. We always knew she was coocoo for cocoa puffs but that ice storm really pushed her over the edge.

Take care, all.
Sylvain.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

One thing I learned from Hurricane Rita, is that the plants recover pretty fast.
It is looking better already, although since I've been coming to work all week, haven't had time to clean up. There are huge branches all over the deck, the fence is down, most of the fish in the pond have died. I'm feeling a bit irked that the rest of Houston gets to clean up the crap and every morning I have to keep looking at it until my days off. I have cleaned some of it up, but need to cut alot of stuff down, prop up the fence etc etc.
I can cope without the electricity, but my poor fish can't. I did get a tip to put hydrogen peroxide in the water for oxygen, so did that this morning and added water.
I know we are very lucky here. For the thousands of trees that went down, we're definately noticing that most of them fell away from structures than into them.
I'm just anxious to move past all this.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Any body here from Jeanne in Baytown?

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Yes..she left me a message..said they are okay..garden trashed, house okay, no electricity or water...staying with mother I think

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Jungle Jumble

Carol, the Manini was under that pile. It's doing pretty good though.

This message was edited Sep 17, 2008 5:41 PM

Thumbnail by rjuddharrison
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Thanks Rj,our news paper said Baytown was wiped out,and I was worried about her.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.