Boy #1's Holiday at AlohaHoya Heavenly Retreat

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

oh yes..there is a "yard" with coconut palms and other tropicals surrounding the area

Thumbnail by rjuddharrison
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

One of the roads leading back to the house.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

more heliconias

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

peaking out - bird bloom...Giant white bird of paradise

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

bop bloom

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Ready for my close up! "Bop" close up

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

don't tell me that is alll.....

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Carol has a collection of Ti plants that makes ya drool.

I could go on..! I only scratched the surface. Truly, the only better place was a botanical garden.
This was much better though, as it was shared by a lovely Person and DG member.

Thanks Carol and Bob so much for sharing...memories forever!

Rj

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

She has definitely been hiding her light under a basket. Had no way to imagine the beauty and the delight of her paradise. Surely she and Bob have some help in keeping this gorgeous place in order. I'm thrilled for her and for you that you got to see first hand.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Great pictures, thanks for sharing! Love em!

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

Thank you for sharing a little bit of paradise. Oh, and I got goosebumps from your white pineapple description. Mmmmm!

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

OMG Rj. Can I just go throw myself from the bridge now? thanks.

lol!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Randy - thanks for taking me back to one of the best "vacations" I ever had. Carol and Bob not only have an incredibly beautiful place, but they are hospitality personified. I have never been so comfortable in someone else's home for the first time . I am so glad that you got to experience that. I too had been to HI many times, but at Balihoya you see HI in a whole other light.

Yokwe,
Shari

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

sometime we can meet there together.

mulege, Mexico

Beautiful pictures and descriptions, Randy. Thanks for sharing what was obviously a wonderful time.

katiebear

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Enjoyed your pictures so much Randy, what a wonderful vacation in paradise especially as you were with our Carol!

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

I would love that! OMG...those heliconias!!!! I'm delirious with those pictures, hehe

South Venice, FL(Zone 9b)

Wow Rj, I bet you had a great trip! Beautiful pictures of a beautiful place, a real tropical oasis. Glad you returned home safely.
Thanks for sharing!

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Wow....I am really impressed!!!! Had no idea that existed within walking distance of my house!!!! LOL.

Randy...it is so refreshing to visit the garden thru your eyes and comments; as opposed to seeing the trees/bushes that need pruning, weeds needing murdering, fronds needing picking up etc., I can see what you see and i really like it!!! Maybe I can put off the chores another day?

When Randy arrived (looking pale and needing sleep!!!) I felt as if a great friend had come to visit, someone who had been here before. It was a great visit - the cats are calling for you still!

Well...off to 'do the rounds'...collect more seeds from the Paklan tree and see how everyone faired the night....

Aloha,
Carol

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Finally catching up on the threads - thanks so much for the pics of Carols' place - it surely is beautiful, just like Carol!
Yep Carol, I bet you did enjoy all those gorgeous men visiting!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Rj,you lucky dog!!!!
I thinks you had a great time in Paradise!

Lexington, SC(Zone 8a)

Carol, you and Bob make your place more beautiful by the month - incredible!!Thanks for the photos Randy, brings back good memories from earlier this year when my wife and I were fortunate enough to meet Carol and Bob in their paradise. I can only dream of having that kind of plant variety (and I do dream about it a lot, LOL). That variegated banana is amazing.

This message was edited Sep 9, 2008 9:48 AM

Lexington, SC(Zone 8a)

I just remembered I wanted to ask you something else too Carol. I've been enjoying one of the Ti's you graciously gave us and it's turned out to be a real beauty. But I can't remember the name :(

Thumbnail by keonikale
Wharton, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks Randy for sharing your photos and memories. Such a good story teller. I was right there walking with you.

Lis

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

HI.... the ti is either Bankok Gold or Hula Girl.... Pretty, eh?

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

That is a beautiful Ti.

I wish I would have taken more photos of the Philodendrums. They are high up in the trees. There are lots of Fern Tree's too, and being my favorites, can't believe I didn't get photos. Oh well...you know what that means!?

I've got my vehicle filled up with gas in case "the hurricane of the week" visits.

Lexington, SC(Zone 8a)

Thank you, I'll note both names to be safe. It's one of the most beautiful Ti I've ever seen - I love it.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Picture of Carol, Mark and Rj
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=5517241

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

ok lets here the punch line to the joke your all laughing over????

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

I think it was about the luck of being the hotdog between two buns....or the lady between two hunks!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

aah I can't remember,

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

LOL, yes Carol had a reverse Harem going on...hahahahaha...thus the cat ate the canary look on her face

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Well...who could blame me....actually, the photographer is another hunk! How lucky can a princess get?

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Only as lucky as you deserve Carol! There must be a reason that all those hunks are attracted to your vicinity! And I know your property is gorgeous, but that can't be the only draw. must be you sweet lady!

Yokwe,
Shari

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

You are a lucky Princess!
Boy, I've been busy in the garden since I got back. Replaced the lilly pond in front, looks good. The Papayras in there is extremely tall, and had grown out of the pond into the garden.
Check out these pink Hibiscus I obtained while accompanying Wayne to Tree Search Farm here.

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

GORgeous photo, Randy...makes me want to paint it.. Now, where did I hide my paints??????

Carol

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Wait a minute! Wait a minute! Who are you calling "princess"?????

I AM PRINCESS KILIKINA!!!!

I guess that means Carol is "Queen of Everything" as I am "Princess of Quite a Lot".

Glad ya'll had such a great time. We will have to repeat it sometime in the future.

PK

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

hahaha! I knew the princess comment would get a rise out of you!
I'd like to get up there for a visit before it turns too cold. I've got to go visit my brother in the springs first the last weekend of the month. You should be springing around by then.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh. Can't wait!

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Queen? Me? Nunca. Just a little ol' Princess of everything P. Kilikina doesn't command. {)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.