Red Rosies New Babies!!!

londonderry, Australia

we could use some more crew members over here in umm were abouts am i in america again o yeh OHIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! best state in the whole country

PS please dont ask me to point it out on a map lol

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Oh my goodness, what is that on the wall!

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I am the KING!

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Check out my amazing wing development...I am gonna be such a flyer!

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

My wings are better than your wings...

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Woah! Who tipped the table??? Oh wait, that's just the camera angle..

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

LOL

londonderry, Australia

funny

Josh where are you in OH .
we are having an RU in Sept ? in Franklin
sorry didn't mean to hijack a thread
back to chickens
those pics are to cute. Funny too.

Greensboro, AL

Oh. I can imagine you are watching them every minute you can. What a show!

I love to see little animals discover their environment.

Thanks for the pictures!

Lodi, United States

Josh is in Londonderry (Australia) but has been transported in spirit by the CF to Londonberry Ohio so he can partake in our Chicken-Fairy-inspired riots. So can he catch a ride with you?

OOOHHHHh LOL i thought that was what you guys ment in a few threads ago . LOL i didn't catch on very well did i LOL
Good Grief Charlie Brown, you block head. LOL
sure hang on Josh its gonna be a bumpy ride !!! LOL as long as he know how to do the chicken dance ? :)

(Zone 7b)

Can Someone give me the steps to put pictures here i'm new and have no idea how to do that.
I just took some pictures of my self blue bittys and want to share.
I have other pictures of my birds too.

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

after your message hit hte browse button, and go through to pull up your pic from your harddrive or website... then hit open, then preview to make sure you have the right pic, then hit send

(Zone 7b)

Do i write a message and not send it but go to browse and find my pictures choose one then hit send.
Sorry to be so dumb:{

Greensboro, AL

If you just hit "Browse" it will connect to your computer and you can select your pictures.

No dumb questions around here. I think the only dumb ones are the ones that don't ask any questions and never learn anything (!)

(Zone 7b)

I DID IT I SENT A PICTURE ITS ON MY THREAD {I"M NEW HERE} PLEASE GO SEE!!!! OH I SENT A PICTURE!!!!
I SENT A PICTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I DID IT I DID IT

(Zone 7b)

Lemon Blue Old English

Thumbnail by Harmonyplace
londonderry, Australia

chicken dance hm let me see

nana nana nana na nana nana nana na
na na na na clap clap clap clap

and there u have it a very bad version of the chicken dance LOL

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Well done Josh! I sang along with you and did the arm flaps. :-)

Gorgeous OEG, Harmony!

(Zone 7b)

It's getting late here will send more pics tommarow *Harmony*

Thumbnail by Harmonyplace
Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

OMG Harmony, i need a new keyboard, mine is soaked in OEG drool... such perfect girls [and the roo is nice too!]

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

LOL....eeew...sticky!! Better get out the keyboard cleaner!

All those pics made me go to eggbid.com and look at bantam eggs....

And now my keyboard is sticky too. :-(

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

i pormise you wil not get that quality from purchasing hatching eggs... and if you try you will spend a hundred bucks and get ONE chick, then some feral cat will come and have it for breakfast... learn from my mistakes. maybe we both can take a trip to GA, not too far from MO, right?

Clarkson, KY

Jes one more day, TF....

londonderry, Australia

LOL

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Well I did buy some hatching eggs from BYC and a lot of them appear to be developing. I can see some are not and they may not even have been fertilized. I can just see regular yolk and no spots. But the millie is developing very nicely! I also put my own bantam egg into the bator. Well, my own chicken's bantam egg, not mine personally...just because I'm Canadian doesn't mean I lay eggs. Anyway, I have the OEG fawn silver duckwing roo in with 2 OEG fsd females, but also with a black bantie Wyandotte. So, I am curious to see what hatches, if anything, from my bantie egg, since I don't know who laid it.

Clarkson, KY

I think it was Australian men who were claiming that skill, not sure though...

Has your piloting experience gone to your head that you're launching again so soon!?!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

No way...Josh lays his own eggs? Cooool!

Yes, my piloting experience caused me such delight that I am all set for a new mission. I think it's about 2 weeks away though...

(Tia) Norman, OK(Zone 7a)

All I can say Claire you are hooked. Hook line and sinker. There is no hope of reversing now. Before long you will have more birds than TF and I. And to think you only wanted a "couple" when you started.

Clarkson, KY

Y'know it's really not fair.....(Oh GReat CF) I was being all responsible and NOT hatching for fall and 22 eggs land kerplunk in my lap. siiiiigh -I can't wait!

lol hope your theory works on that sexing of the eggs. Crossing fingers here for you.

Greensboro, AL

I don't even have any chickens but this thread is too interesting to miss!

that is a georgous bird Harmony. !! :)
Nice dancing there Josh :) i also did the arm flapping thingy clap clap clap . :)

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

gloria, you are too kind, inetersting is such a nice word for it LOL

we all have fun here and welcome to us chicken heads, watch it we have a few enablers here you may hear bawk bawk in your future.

Greensboro, AL

I did used to have some batum chickens. They roosted on the electric lines.

Then I got a coyote puppy. that was the end of the chickens. As you know coyotes and chickens do not go together.

This message was edited Sep 6, 2008 8:13 PM

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I have a confession.

I got 4 new chickens today. :-)

But I can't post pix because it's too dark now - after getting them we cleaned out our friend's barn and he gave us about 50 cattle panels (16 feet long) and loaded them into the truck along with a ton of free lumber, fence posts, goat stuff, chicken stuff, insulation, siding (vinyl) and aluminum roofing. We are very happy but exhausted.

I will tell you more about my new girls tomorrow. One of them already laid an egg and it's in the bator because she was housed with a roo until today. I hope it will hatch.

DUDE YOU SCORED CMoxon !!!!! can't believe how lucky you got man that rocks . !
So jealous :(
ok we shall wait patiently for pics ..... tap tap........ waiting........still waiting......... any pics yet ?
LOL
i bet your tired , you got rest and Oh my gosh guess what i found at Lowes today. Chicken chandaliers !! and matching sconces ! oh they were soooo tempting but i had to resist.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I think we did score! It was an awesome haul. It will enable a much larger goat area and enough materials for an extra coop or even 2. Plus I can put siding on it! Woo hoo! I think he was very pleased that we could take all this stuff so he didn't have to haul it to Denver. Plus the new people who have bought the house didn't want it because they have horses and needed different type of fencing.

The chicken chandeliers sound like fun! I would love to see those. I should check out my local Lowe's store.

I ate some pasta and feel slightly better now that I have had a good shower and a nice cold glass of white wine. My feet are killin' me though!

OK, so I can't keep my mouth shut about my new chickens. I got 3 serama pullets and a buff Chantecler! The serama pullets are 1 solid black (with the green iridescent feathers), 1 almost solid black with a few white spots, and the third completely black and white mottled. The buff chantecler is gorgeous, and sat on my lap very comfortably for a LONG time. I have to come up with a special name for her. She is almost golden buff. Pix tomorrow, too dark now. The seramas are all about 6 months old and laying an egg nearly every day. The chantecler is about 4 months and not laying yet.

The seramas laid an egg already and so it's in the bator. Cute little brown egg. The lady I bought them from said they were all with a roo so any eggs in the next 7-10 days could be fertile because the rooster sperm is stored in the hen for several days. (Ewww....) I will probably put the eggs all in the bator just in case, for the next week.

Unloading that truck was truly painful. I got gouged in the stomach by a cattle panel with a cut end that poked into me. Oh, forgot to mention I also got 2 brooder lamps and 2 waterers and a feeder. We used a rental truck because the 16 foot cattle panels didn't fit too well in our little Ford Ranger! We got a ton of pressure treated wood that they had bought to build a deck that never got built. Kelly is using it on the goat barn.

ARGH...my feet feel like they may fall off, I think I need another glass of wine.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.