a condo or townhome with no landscaping to do
(9 votes, 1%)
Red dot

other?
(77 votes, 13%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

Already in those "Golden years" and staying right where I am. Small yard to putter in and no stairs to climb. Moving is a very stressful time for me and I don't need more stress in my life.

(Tia) Norman, OK(Zone 7a)

Hi all, I picked the house I own now. My mom and dad always wanted this 40 acres, and after my dad passed my mom was able to buy it. It just came up for sale, she got it and split it up into 10 acres plots and me and my 2 brothers each has 10 acres. At present I am the only one living out here and have been for 3 years now. Who wouldnt love this for raising kids (this is my grandson)

Thumbnail by luvs2garden2000
Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

Luvs2garden - He is very handsome, and it looks like you got him appreciating the garden already, It appears that he doesn't give a fig if there is a bee in that bush either!

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

I chose other because after living in the city all my life, I have fallen in love with the country and the challenges of gardening. In the city, you just throw your stuff in the dirt and it's pretty simple. In the country you have to really know your soil, your critters, your weather. Here's my log cabin in KY. Here's where I'm trying to retire.

Thumbnail by roserairie
Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

In 2001 we bought land on the Crystal Coast of NC where the mouth of the Neuse River empties in to the Pamlico Sound.In 2003 we moved my double wide from Raleigh. DH retired in July last year and I got a buy=out in November and retired. The got a job in April and went back to work.
I wish we had more land but love it here we only have and acre. We still have our place in Raleigh and have to go back ever so often to check the house and it has 7 acres but its so noisy there 24/7. Its so quiet here and I am just beginning to landscape the yard. I hope to live here forever as its so nice to get a cup of coffee and get on the golf cart and ride down to the water front and watch sail boats and just chill watching the water. My flowers are doing great here and I have to move some still from Raleigh.

I was raised in a big farm house in Buchanan Georgia and then Mom wanted a big brick house and we moved to Tallapoosa, Ga.
We do have lots of things to do to remodel but went we get the back porch done it will really be peaceful.

(((hugs))) all and remember to Bloom where you are Planted.

Lavina

Havelock, Canada

A old farmhouse that overlooks the water. How much better could it get than that!

Elaine and Otis

(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

Although I say I am staying where I am, that log cabin in Ky would get me to change my mine. I've always lived in the city, but my sister had a 5 acre place in Wi. that they constructed themselves that I loved with a passion. Felt so much peace and serenity, and flowers & veggies growing in abundance.

Columbia, TN(Zone 7b)

Paul and I plan to stay where we are as long as our health permits us. We love the land (even if I don't love the house!) and I've developed the grounds some each year so I would hate to give up on this place. My last home I was in for 20 years. Very hard giving up a garden of so many years. Don't want to have to do that again.
I checked other cause I know the house I would like to live in but it's this same area!

MollyD

Lebanon, OR

Win the lottery and do all the traveling to all the places I have dreamed and seen on TV...then decide where I want to hang my hat for the rest of my life or just travel

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

I'd love to live "5 miles down the dirt road" on 200 acres of woods and fields where I could carve out a few acres around the homestead for my own little personal paradise... my DH, on the other hand, thinks we are already in the boonies because the nearest gas station is 8 miles away and the nearest grocery is 20 miles away. I mean, gosh, I can see my neighbors (they're nice neighbors, so that's not a bad thing, other than I'd like a few more acres between them and me). The nearly 5 acres we're on, though is a blessing, so I don't mean to knock that at all... but if I could afford it... rolling hills of Tennessee...

Thumbnail by kmom246
Lincoln City, OR(Zone 9a)

kmom you live in the same community as my brother and SIL. I plan on going to visit them asap and see their garden. :)

We bought our 6 and a half acres with a half acre pond 9 years ago Wednesday. The house is smaller than we wanted but the property was wonderful for our critters and our gardening and the price was right too. (auction YAY) As our health is not the best it seems like too much to do but in some ways it keeps us moving on with our life regardless of what we feel like that day. DH spends a lot of time on his knees weeding and I spend a lot of time puttering in the yard doing whatever my body will allow for the day. We meet in the shade of our oak tree and enjoy the pond and wildlife plus our pets.

It is a good life but we hate the hot summers here so would love to transplant our property to an area where the summers aren't as hot. Hopefully when he retires we can move to the southern Oregon coast range and make a new garden there. (We lived in that area for several years back in the early 80s and loved it) So, if anyone is interested in buying our property, we'll talk. LOL

Gad when I think of moving all our junk and stuff as well as my waterlily and hosta collection I get to thinking maybe I want to stay here. ;o/

Lani Ponditis

Knoxville, TN

Vote Motorhome

Retired years ago and sold home.
Lived in Motorhome and traveled 2 1/2 years and loved the life style. The jumping gas prices put the brakes on that. So I sold the Motorhome.
Now I am in my daughters basement apartment starting gardening all over. Boy do I miss my old garden.
Right now I'm allowed to change the old unkept yard anyway I want. Just have to leave room for Grandkids to play, gym set, etc. I say 'right now' because as time goes and I create more beds, walks, trellis' etc. they may change their minds and ask me to back off adding. For now I am enjoying the challenge of a almost clean slate.

Do miss getting to see more of America. There is a big difference in a 2 week vacation vist somewhere and staying for a month. Only regret not gathering more plants.

Horn, Netherlands(Zone 8b)

I have voted 'other'..
Wish I could vote for a hotel..very luxury of course and in a way more sunnier place than where I live now..I prefer a coastal area ..Nice or Cannes perhaps..That would be nice for a while..But I'm a single mother and caregiver for my son....so no retirement for me.

Snohomish, WA

I couldn't leave! I hope to be burried here, a long, long ,long time from now!!

Thumbnail by NWGordon
(Zone 7a)

I voted Other. I would like the same size house and yards but all on one level. We have a basement now and those stairs are just getting to be too much. I don't know how I'll leave my gardens, though. Maybe I could teleport them to the new house? LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.