Are you tired of the heat yet??

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Wow dorothian, you really got it huh? We haven't had rain in a couple of weeks to speek of. On Friday it was very hot here. Way to hot to be in the sun very long. My husband was fishing with my dad and son and I got burnt just watching, miserable. My folks were camping at a campground with no shade trees around. When we got home it was nice in the back yard. All shady. It felt 15 degrees cooler. Do not like it that hot at all.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Well we got a nice little storm this morning. Rained for a couple of hours. But now its muggy. Yuck sticky!! Suppose to have more rain tonight sure hope so pretty dry here. Ronna

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Well it fizzled out before it got to us, so maybe tonight we'll get some.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

We got some more rain over night!! Nice smooth rain. Needed it to. But right back to hot and sticky. Boo. Walked around Shipawanna. Never no how to spell that town name. It was fun really didnt buy much of anything. But had a good time with my hubby. To hot, lots of people. Ronna

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

no rain here today or last night we so need a good slow all nighter the ground is so dry I just tilled up an other bed and its powder dry
Gloria

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

humid here...still. But they are saying cooler weather is on the way....great just when we are going camping!! Never fails!

Bad Axe, Mich., FL(Zone 5a)

Feels good to me!!! I can work outside without becoming a sticky mess!!!LOL

(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI(Zone 5b)

I don't like the sticky-I am a MESSY gardener and don't like dirt literally stuck on me when I get done!!!LOL

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

I hate that sticky feeling. Even this morning it was very pleasant out but by the time I got done outside with deadheading flowers I am sticky. Shower time!!!!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i luv it send me the heat the hotter the better -cuz im in the POOL!

heading to vegas next week to find the HEAT

Caro, MI(Zone 5a)

Ok notmartha, you can have it all. I would love to go outside and not come in a sweaty mess for at least a day or two. Pool or not, it's nice to just walk outside without having to come in and shower again! LOL

Mary Ellen

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

I love the heat but I have beds to put in And I like to see when I'm tilling sweat in the eyes stings!!! ;0)

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Yeah Glevey you want your rows straight right??? Im with you all. The heat is to much some times. But today is awsome. Breezy I could ride my bike home and not be sweaty. (pedal bike). Love the cooler weather. But not winter. LOL. We got a really wierd storm this after noon. Really just a flash in the pan. But It rained really hard and fast. In a blink of an eye it was dark and windy. Then cooler and now for the next couple of days cooler!!! We are going camping in Sept. I think to Manastee. Love it up there. Can not wait to get away again. Grinning. Have a great evening Ronna

Thumbnail by gardenlady123
Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

Ronna; nice garden and realy nice sign !!! I would love to go camping any time I even like to camp in the winter I don't think I'v ever had a straight row of any thing ;0)
Gloria

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Thanks Glevey. Don't look at the date on the photo. My date is way off. I have to figure out how to set it right. We are very proud of our soldier son. He is getting deployed really soon. He is leaving tommorrow to go back to Georgia. Then we will not see him for a year.... He is very contne with his life and really likes the Army. So that makes me feel better. But he will be missed! Greatly. !;{ I actually had all three of the kids together a few time and got some great pictures....

Thumbnail by gardenlady123
Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

Ronna my heart is with you My baby boy was in dessert Storm and Pannama it was a long year with lots of tears tell him thank you and Gods speed to come home safe
Gloria

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Thanks Glevey! Im worried of course. But I have to be strong for him right??? He got a laptop and we will be able to e-mail him of course!!! Happy about technology. I know Im not the only parent in the world for the deploy. But when its you it sure fells like it! I hope the best for all the men and women in Iraq. We thank them everyday. Now I have to get some yellow ribbons. Ronna.

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

E- mails are good my son called me on a field phone a lot and you could hear the missels and the bombs when they went off I was so scared and I knew I could not act like I was cus he was too lots of MOM bad dreams and prayers I'll be thinking of you and will be here for you
Gloria

I am so glad that it is cooling off-now I can get those darn roses out and get the last part of my side camapnula bed finished!! Those are my weekend projects...

Ronna-I will be sending happy thoughts your way for your son:)

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

omg im FREEZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cant wait to get to VEgas and warm back up!!!i really do luv it hot as he77,maybe thats the devil in me ;) I freeze all winter and sit and look out the windows;;;;;;;;;;waitng for spring and a sign of WARMTH
i will never ever hear me say its too HOT. I may say its hot-but its followed by-Im not complaining!!!!!!!!!!!

5 more dayz and i will be in 100degrees -yahoooooooooooooooo!

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Hope you have fun notmartha!! Enjoy your heat. Thank gosh its cooler I am loving it. But Im to tired to really do anything. My son is on his way back now. Almost there. Thanks for the thoughts Glevely. Ronna

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Ronna; nice garden and I love your sign. I know you will miss your son while he's gone. Computers with email has changed a lot of the way families interact now. It's a good thing. I'm sure you will love hearing from him often. I wish him God speed and a safe return home in a year.

Dori, I hope you enjoy your heat in Vegas. For me, I love the cooler temps. I spent the day mowing which is my favorite thing to do. Everything is so green and pretty. We've had just the right amount of rain this year for everything to do well. The summer really has flown by. I don't know where it went to. I hope we have a nice long autumn don't you?

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Brenda

See-autumn is my fave time of year-crisp coolness-sweatshirts and jeans-love it!! If I had my dream place to live it would get no colder than 50 and no warmer than hugh 70's:) During the days I mean of course-would want it colder at night so things could still go dormant and get things like tulips to bloom:)

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

my dream place would have to be no lower than 80 and high 103!!
the stork dropped me in the wrong state-should have said Hawaii on my diaper

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

It's raining...........it's pouring..............the old man is snoring. :)

Well, this morning we stripped the bed to wash everything and hang outside. Just as we were going to hang out it started raining. Figures. :)

Good thing I got the lawn mowed yesterday. We need to go out and pick the garden so I hope it doesn't rain all day.

Dori, when we went to Hawaii about a million years ago I think they said the average temperature year round there was between 56 and 86 or something like that. It never gets hot hot hot. Of course, that was a long time ago and the climate seems to be changing everywhere. Now I think if you move to the Congo or somewhere like that you might get that heat you're seeking. Think of all the tropicals you could raise there.

I love autumn also. I hope we get a nice long one this year. After we moved up north the one thing I learned is that winter comes on very suddenly and you better have your outside chores done or forget it. It goes from fall to winter and the wind is fierce. I start putting the garden to bed early. I can't be out in that freezing wind for long. I know my limits.

Have a great weekend everyone. I guess I'll be playing on the computer a lot today or watching good movies on television.

Brenda

clear blu skies here-where is au gres??

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

If you are looking at the "hand" of Michigan, Au Gres is near the base of the index finger. We live about half a mile from the Saginaw Bay of Lake Huron. We are between Standish and Tawas and east of West Branch and about 60 miles north of Bay City.

Where is Tempe?

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

poured here for about 20min and thunder n lightning!!!

temperance is about 2 miles from the ohio border

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

ok its still raining! :(
i wanted to take pics of the daylilies,at list i got to pollinate some!

Started raining here around 10:00 am and is still raining gently. I hope it lasts all day, as we need a gentle rain to soak into the soil. It was starting to get dry here. After last week when we got dumped on. Then it came down too fast and a lot ran off without soaking into the ground. Need to mow the grass, but that won't happen today LOL.
Tomorrow is our Rose Society's Rose Tour, so won't be mowing then and Monday I have to go to the fairgrounds and help dismantle the Master Gardener display, so mowing will have to wait.
Dori, have a great time in Vegas!!!

This message was edited Aug 9, 2008 12:38 PM

Dori knows-she was here in April and I hope that she will grace me with her presence again this coming april for my next co-op packaging party:)

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Just a few spotty showers around heretoday. But georgeous outside! Nice and cool. Im with Fairy I love jeans and sweatshirts also! I am hoping for a great autumn also. So I can cook some fresh squash. LOL. Love the stuff!!! Oh it smells so good when its baking in the oven. Fall always makes me think of that. My grandmother was the same way. She was such a sweetie!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

OMG im freezing!!! i cant wait to get out of here! lol

I didn't think I would be complaining about being cold until November, but brrrrr!

I think it is perfect weather-not too hot-throw on some shorts and a T shirt and garden:)

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

A bit too cold for me today. Would rather have mid 70's than mid 50's.

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

It's chilly like it's fall or something. My tomatoes are so slow to ripen. They need heat at night. I've gotten about a gallon of cherry tomatoes and a few early girls. I am experimenting. I picked about five big green tomatoes and put them in a paper bag inside the house on top of the television where it's warm to see if they will ripen faster.

Made some zuchinni bread today. Having the oven on felt good in the house and it smells wonderful. Got about five gallons of squash in the freezer. Will be making some beef vegetable soup with the leftover roast and all the veggies from the garden.

We've had light showers and sun alternating off and on all day. Maybe I could plant a cold crop now of some peas or something. :)

Brenda

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

its been cold all week end here I was in Brekenridge with a friend of mine her dh died on Tuesday I'll be going back tomarrow for the funeral seems like we are loseing to many friend Mary died 3 weeks ago I hate these times see you Tuesday in the garden here ;0(
Gloria

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

I'm sorry Gloria for your losses. Have a safe trip to the funeral and back.

Brenda

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Oh Brenda I bet your house smelt wonderful. With the soup cooking and the homemade bread! Yummy. Gloria sorry for the loses.
Im am so glad that its cooler. Not that really we haven't had to many really hot days. The ones we had are fine with me. They can be in the past.....
Well have a great week everyone. Ronna

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.