Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

poor corn

Thumbnail by notmartha
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

the rainbowz!!!

This message was edited Jul 23, 2008 6:25 PM

Thumbnail by notmartha
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

after the storm cleared my dh took this shot-i think he did good!

Thumbnail by notmartha
(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI(Zone 5b)

those last 2 are gorgeous!!

Sorry you got so much-you could've shared some with me:) I would've happily shared with you:)

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

Oh Dorie so sorry for the mess but so glade you are ok we got a lot of rain but not the wind may be you can fix some of the corn when it drys up a bit so you don't sink in the mud to deep lol ( remembering Iris bed) best of luck ;0)
Gloria

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Wow! We got the soaking on sat and last wed. But nothing since. You really got a mess huh? hope the new bed will be okay. Its been so pretty here. only in the high seventies or low eightys. Very low humidity. Just some great sunshine.. Loving it. Overnight its been in the mid 50's. Great for sleeping. Same their for you all?

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

Yikes...do you live in Texas? What a mess. Hope things dry out and prosper!

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Good morning to everyone. Another nice sleeping evening. 54 degrees when I woke up and 6 a.m. Highs in the low eighties and almost no humidity... Have friday off and am going to finish my border around my from garden. It will look nice I'm sure. Should go take a picture of before and after. Okay here the "new" border. It will lok great I think filled with the golden tiara hoastas and maybe a few hercheras in there also for some contrast. We'll see, Ronna

Thumbnail by gardenlady123

No honey-she lives here in Mi-Plainwell...some of Mi got bad storms over the last few days....

Ronna-that will look good, maybe some dark colored heuchera like Midnight rose for contrast:)

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Great idea. I have several things I want to seperate. The perannnial budget is kinda gone. So Im going to reuse some I have here. But a really dark one would be great. I also have lots of Purple Palace. Cora Bells? I believe they are and thought about maybe every other one? Maybe some of the bressingham coral bells in the front. dont want to overfill the border but want it to look good. It really needs a border don't you think??? Cant wait to get started on it. Wish I didnt have to work today. Oh well. I will be good and feed the people at the hospital!!! Have a great day, ronna

Caro, MI(Zone 5a)

Ronna, I think hostas and hercheras will look great there! If we lived closer I'd come and help you. : )

Mary Ellen

Bay City, MI(Zone 5a)

You have a good eye putting together your garden :) Oh, and I love your little bunnies too!

Since bunnies eat all my stuff, I sadly dispise them...I think your palace purple heuchera will look great there too:) I just thought with the lighter shades in the grand tiara, that the dark would really bring it out and vice versa-the colors in the hosta will bring out the dark in the heuchera:)

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Very true. Thanks everyone so feed back is alway good. My husband just likes the yard he doesn't care one way or the other. I know we have a bunny hanging around here also. I've never seen one in the yard before but now we have one. It can go away now. It nibbled on some of my babies. He has eat to right??? Thanks for the offer of the help Mary Ellen. Very sweet of you. Ronna

Cedar Springs, MI(Zone 5b)

"Are you tired of the heat yet??"

Heeeck NO!
I'll take all the heat & humidty I can get
cuz all too soon winter will be here.

Thumbnail by Cottage_Rose
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Not tired of the heat at all. However, I am tired of all the weeds this year.

I am SO tired of those darn japanese beetles

really?? I have killed less than 10 this year:) I have heard that is you got a lot of water and treated your lawn as you should, that is why a lot of us don't have that many...sorry-I din't mean to send them all to you./...

Didn't treat my lawn...2 acres would be too much!! They are not as bad as last year...but still way too many for my liking!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

not many beatles here but they say this weekend is going to be HOT i cant wait!!!
the pool is staying at 84 so far!! i luv it and the weeds well im not looking till next spring! lol

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

The weather has been just dandy! Really not to hot at all. But its changing to muggy today. Yuck. On vaca this week so I'll probably be working out in it. The yard I mean. I havent seen to many Japanese beatles around here at all. Sorry for the problem with those.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

I have seen a few of the beetles here. Yesterday I saw my first praying mantis. I wish I had more of those in the garden.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Thet are the good bug aren't they? Really cool looking thats for sure.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

it was a great pool day today!!

Bad Axe, Mich., FL(Zone 5a)

I'm jealous. Here I am pulling crown vetch from my daylily bed and hating every minute of it. That's what I get for deserting my gardens for a month in the summer. Had a good time, though and now I have to pay the piper! LOL

This message was edited Jul 30, 2008 12:42 AM

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Well today we went to Fredrick Meijer Gardens.... How beautiful that place is!!! My couldnt look fast enough!!! LOL. All kinds of landscapes. Every plant imagenable. It was very hot though. But we made to most of it. Enjoyed very much. This photo is from the Michigan Family Farm segment....

That is one of my favorite places to visit. We went last year and road the tram where they talk to you - I really enjoyed that!

where is it??

Grand Rapids

AHHHH-thanks:)

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Its very easy to find....The address is 1000 E Beltline in Grand Rapids. Nice. Nice. Nice. There alre all differnt parts of it. Woodland shade, Victorian, Tropical... Endless. Sculptures all over also. Alot of the sculptures we didn't quit "get". But thats up to the artist I guess!!! LOL. We aren't really artsy fartsy!!! If you get the chance you should go.... 12.00 admissions. Ronna

I grew up bu GR, but now I live like 3.5 hrs away....I will have to go sometime-like a feildtrip!!

I've been ther a few times while visiting my SIL. It was wonderful. The first time was right after tthey first opened and there weren't very many people there yet, so we got a guided tour for free.

Boy oh boy did we ever get a storm last night!!!! I was just getting home from a daylily meeting in the Detroit area around 11:30 pm and someone pulled the cork out of the clouds. Rain and hail. I ran from my car to the back door through 3 inches of water on my patio. Even with an umbrella I got soaked. We got close to 2 inches of rain in less than an hour. We needed it, but it could have waited until I got into the house, LOL.

Where is Bad Axe??

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

its over in the thumb!!!
we got a few storms yesterday too but this time we only got a half inch of rain!

i want the HEAT back!!!!!!!!!

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Storm missed us and we could have used some rain. Detroit got it and I am just l2 miles south and missed it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.