July Daily Weather,Part II Have some lemonade!

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Deb - My hair just went "poof" when I read your forecast!

Here - you can pretend to be flying over Kiska's mountains and cool off! Very cool!
http://www.electricoyster.com/electric3d/index.html

This message was edited Jul 24, 2008 9:46 AM

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Rained here sometime overnight - the car seats were wet from the ill installed sunroof. Told the DW not to have it done, but as usuall I did not get listened too so now I get to drive with a wet glutamas maxamius. Isn'it amazing what you can get used to? At least I will not have to water the few remaining plants today.

(Zone 7a)

Yes, where is Joey?

Dyson, very good news for you. Congrats!

Sharon, my hair went poof, too! LOL That trip across the mts, is VERY cool! Loved it. Pretty Luna.

Ric, I woke up under a blanket yesterday morning, too. Doesn't happen very often in summer here. Thanks for tour. It's beautiful. Love all the little kitties.

Kiska, awesome as ever. Where does one get clover and fireweed blossoms?

Marylyn, sooooo glad you're all okay. I was wondering, too, but thought I'd missed something.

Mau, I lose post all the time. I type a HUGE novel and then open a pic to look at it again or hit the wrong button and...FFFFTTTTTT...gone!

79°F with 97º later. I don't know why I live here. I can't grow the plants I want, it's hot in summer and freezing in winter, too dry for hubby's skin...family here but I have family elsewhere, too. Hmmm...
Feels like: 79°F

Barometer: 29.8 in ↑
Dewpoint: 46°
Humidity: 31%
Visibility: 10 miles
Wind: 11 mph SSE
Sunrise: 6:17 AM
Sunset: 8:50 PM
UV Index: 2 Low

Lower down on our chart, it says the UV index is 10.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

LOL, Dyson you now know the true meaning of a chapped -----bottom.
I too have really missed Joey.
How's Gary doing Sharon.
Sidney

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Marylyn: glad VBS is going well and that the hurricane is having no bad effect on you.
Ric: great garden tour--love the yard art. 59º! That would feel nice!
Sharon: beautiful rose bud and Luna bud, too. Glad Gary is doing well with the treatments this week. Loved the trip over "Kiska's mountains"--made me feel several degrees cooler!
Kiska: great shots of the moose! DH would probably likje the honey but I have never been much for the taste of bee's honey--don't know about clover honey.
Dyson: too bad about the wet glutamus maximus--LOL
Celia: Whistling Pigs Wheat? Now I've heard it all! LOL
Yes, where is Joey? Maybe she's on vacation.
Deb: humidity is high here, too. see bottom line of forecast
Today
Partly Cloudy
High 90°F
Precip 20%
Wind: SE 5 mph
Max. Humidity: 62%
UV Index: 10 Very High
Sunrise: 6:12 AM CT
Avg. High: 92°F
Record High: 100°F (1972)
Partly Cloudy Overnight
Low 73°F
Precip 20%
Wind: S 5 mph
Max. Humidity: 82%
Sunset: 8:17 PM CT
Avg. Low: 69°F
Record Low: 59°F (2003)
Currently 88º but "feels like" 96º according to the Weather Channel. Yikes!

Sharon: get a look at my poinsettia!

Thumbnail by marsue
(Zone 3b)

51F and light rain. Again~
kwanjin~family elsewhere has an interesting ring to it~could you move to a better climate? Fireweed/clover grow wild here in South Central Alaska. I picked the blossoms from the woods/clearings here at home.
As to blankets, we use flannel sheets, one wool and one fleece blanket, year 'round. Love having to use them.
Ric~will check out that site next.
marsue~the poinsetta goes well w/snow on the mountains, here.
Dyson~sounds a bit uncomfortable, for certain:)
MySharona~just getting back here after looking at the web site; electricoyster. Not only did I love it, but my grandkids both had to "fly" for awhile. Very cool site.
Deb~glad there's been a bit of rain; but sure seems like the humidity will feel like rain, too.
One more of the snow just because it's there:))
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Sharon: "My hair just went "poof" when I read your forecast! " LOL! Thanks for the laugh....and for the cool mountains.

Actually, later in the day, "they" said it was 97% humidity. Now come on - that's only 3 points away from liquid.

Happens every year this time, tho. If only the high humidity could water the garden.

Kiska: Still think it's too early for snow - even waaaay up north.
Dyson: Sorry about your wet butt. :) Way to look on the bright side!!
Deb
(Cute little Hairstreak on the b.e. susans.)

Thumbnail by DebinSC
Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Ric – 59* Ahhhhhhh!
Dyson – New meaning for Soggy Bottom!
Celia – Gary is doing well. I’m taking him today for chemo. No chemo next week.
Marsue – Your poinsettia is looking great!
Kiska – Beautiful picture and now it’s background!
Deb – Pretty butterfly!

74.8 °F / 23.8 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 86%
Dew Point: 70 °F / 21 °C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0.0 km/h
Pressure: 30.06 in / 1017.8 hPa (Steady)
Heat Index: 74 °F / 24 °C
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 13000 ft / 3962 m
Mostly Cloudy 25000 ft / 7620 m

Today
Partly cloudy with a 20% chance of showers and thunderstorms. High 90. East winds 5 to 10 mph.

One of our regulars at the feeders - Ruby Throat Hummingbird

Thumbnail by MySharona
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Kiska: another cool mountain photo.
Deb: cute little bf
Sharon: cute little hummer

Today Isolated T-Storms
High 89°F (that can't be right--The local weatherman said last night that it would be in the mid 90's and hotter every day for the next few days.)
Precip 30%
Wind: WSW 8 mph
Max. Humidity: 63%
UV Index: 10 Very High
Sunrise: 6:13 AM CT
Avg. High: 92°F
Record High: 100°F (1986)
Isolated T-Storms Overnight
Low 73°F
Precip 30%
Wind: SW 8 mph
Max. Humidity: 80%
Sunset: 8:16 PM CT
Avg. Low: 69°F
Record Low: 56°F (2000)
It's supposed to top out at 100º on Mon and Tues with heat indexes at 105+!!!

Lime Zinger finally decided to start growing--it's about time!

Thumbnail by marsue
(Zone 7a)

Yes, Mau, Whistling Pig Wheat. Brewed by the Fish Brewing Co. It was an ad on our table in a restaurant in OR. There is a new beer I've been seeing advertised here, Landshark Beer. Very nice on the poinsettia and your Lime Zinger.

Now I'm cold again, Kiska. We do have plans to move to WA or OR in the next little while.

Deb, our hummers don't seem to like the food we leave them. We've tried a few different recipes but they sip and run. Anyone have ideas?

And we have a cat that is preying on the birds at the feeder. He's caught two now. The first was a sparrow and the one I found this morning was, I think, a dove. Ideas on getting rid of him? Other than removing the feeder?

79°F with 100º fortoday. It's not even 9am and it's already 79º. It's cloudy and muggy again.
Feels like: 79°F

Barometer: 29.8 in ↑
Dewpoint: 42°
Humidity: 27%
Visibility: 10 miles
Wind: 15 mph SE
Sunrise: 6:18 AM
Sunset: 8:49 PM
UV Index: 1 Low

UV index on the bottom chart says 10.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

HAV-A-HEART Trap, with a can of tunafish for the bait. Once it is in the trap, you still have to figure out what to do with it. And be carefull - feral cats can be dangerous. I have arm gards from a glass factory job awhile back.

(Zone 7a)

Oh dear. I should have mentioned he's a neighborhood cat, not a stray. I'm just not sure which house is his. My cats chase him out when they see him but he's found a resource and won't stay gone.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

In that case - Big mean tomcat - I have one here that will attack the neighborhood dogs if they enter the yard, Other cats do not frequent my yard. In fact after one visit & fight I never see that cat again. He is kinda rough on the squrriel population but I do not think that he messes with the birds.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Celia: here is the recipe I have used for the hummingbird feeder for years. They seem to like it. 1/4 cup sugar to 1 cup of water. It is not necessary to add food coloring. The water from the tap should be boiled for 10 minutes and allowed to cool before adding the sugar and pouring the mixture into the feeder. The boiling cuts down on the mold that can develop when it sits in the feeder for a few days. The mixture should be changed regularly, however, especially in hot weather. Or you can always use bottled or filtered water if you don't want to go to the trouble to boil it yourself.

(Zone 3b)

55° not raining and there's actual sunlight ~
It is early, Deb, even here. Late August is when it generally makes it's appearance. Hope you get some cooler weather.
100° ~ waaay too hot, kwanjin and marsue.
kwanjin~~ either Washington or Oregon sound nice.
Hunter Creek~ taken a few days ago.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

Looking like it may rain.
Here's where I'm offering my coleus cuttings.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/881484/
I'll be back in a minute with a new thread.

Thumbnail by sugarweed

Brand new thread; http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/881700/
Come on over!
Sidney

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.