July Daily Weather,Part II Have some lemonade!

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Henry is not happy with me aweing over Monty.
Bright, white and muggy.
Gonna Dance.
Sidney

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Hi guys:
Just checking in from work. HHH today for sure, but there are some dark clouds off to the west that just may make it to my neighborhood.

Celia: Love the pics of Monty.

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

There is no wind. The air is heavy. It's just HHHx10 :P

81.1 °F / 27.3 °C
Thunderstorm
Humidity: 73%
Dew Point: 72 °F / 22 °C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0.0 km/h
Pressure: 29.86 in / 1011.1 hPa (Rising)
Heat Index: 85 °F / 30 °C
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 4900 ft / 1493 m
Mostly Cloudy 13000 ft / 3962 m
Overcast 20000 ft / 6096 m

Tonight
Mostly cloudy with showers and thunderstorms likely in the evening...then partly cloudy with chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Areas of fog after midnight. Some thunderstorms may produce heavy rainfall in the evening. Low 72. Southwest winds 5 mph. Chance of rain 60%.

What is this?

Thumbnail by MySharona
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Those dark clouds were very cooperative and we got and inch of rain!
Sharon: Anything there yet? I recognize that plant, but the name escapes me. Happens alot these days. :)
Deb
(Blue Angel hosta)

Thumbnail by DebinSC
Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

WOW, we got rain too!. Yesterday was HHH here in Pa. We had got 1/4" of rain in my area since June 4th, even though places 20 miles away got rain - we got nothing. Yesterday afternoon and evening we had one cloudburst after another. Added up to 1" in the rain gage. Today was sunny, 90 degs and a light breeze. Plants and weeds are jumping.

Our three cucumber plants were dropping little yellow cucumbers off on the ground. Now maybe we will get some.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Sharon, thanks for the link. How did the meeting go with the doctors? And how is Gary feeling today?

Marilyn, that rose is beautiful!!

Celia, Monty is a gorgeous cat. Our silly boys haven't "helped" with the files yet... One of them LOVES ripping holes in the bags that hold our packing peanuts, though, and makes a huge mess. We don't want them to swallow the styrofoam, so we keep cleaning it up over and over and over... We've moved the bags out of his reach (or so we thought!), but the silly cat actually moves them back to a more convenient spot for himself. They're going out to the garage tonight!

Sharon, I have no idea what that is, but it's beautiful! The flower heads are kinda like my clerodendrum bungei, but the color is wrong. (http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/1253/) Maybe yours is something else in the clerodendrum/verbena/lantana family? (I'm probably completely wrong, though.... ^_^)

I'm glad you're finally getting regular rain, Deb!!

I'm pooped... This has been a crazy week at our church! We have Vacation Bible School next week, so I've been helping make the scenery for the different rooms. I don't do the fancy painting, or anything that actually needs an artistic eye.. I stank at art in school! Mostly I've been wielding a staple gun. LOL Our curriculum has a beach theme, so I've been stapling some really cool reed fencing stuff to wood frames to make some "beach huts". I need to ask the lady who came up with all of these cool ideas where she got the fencing.

Last Wednesday we had a huge storm come though, and the gutters at church backed up and dumped hundreds of gallons of water into the offices and down the walls into the nursery area. Yikes! Several of the office computers are toast, and lots of wallboard and carpets, and ceiling tiles needs to be replaced. On Thursday morning, when I arrived to start helping with the VBS scenery, there were 3 truck-load of people from a flood/mold remediation place, cleaning up the water, ripping off the ... umm.. that plastic edging stuff that goes along the wall at foot level... what's it called??... and drilling holes in the wallboard to let the water out, and setting up tons of hugs fans and dehumidifiers. What a mess... I was at church again Saturday morning helping clean and sanitize the toys in the preschool rooms so they could be used on Sunday. After church Sunday, all of the shelves of toys got pushed to the middle of the rooms and covered with plastic sheets so they wouldn't get dirty again when the crew comes in this week to replace the wallboard and insulation from the walls that got wet. Our building is only a year old... It turns out the gutters were designed wrong. :-( Our insurance is going to cover some of the cost of all fo the repairs, but there is a $72,000 deductible. OUCH! The good part of it all, is that it happened during the day while people were there. One of the pastors went up on the roof (while it was still storming!) and somehow cleaned out the gutters or pulled them away from the wall... I'm not sure exactly what he did, but the "experts" who came in the next day said that if that storm had happened at night, or if Mike hadn't done his magic, the church probably would have had 2 feet of water throughout the entire building, instead of "just" a couple of inches in the office/nursery wing, the next morning, and the damage would have been much much much worse. I expect they're also going to be re-designing the gutter system!

Today I was back at church, finishing up the "beach huts." I didn't do the last panels quite right, so if I get there in time tomorrow, I'm hoping to redo them... The bunnies have a great time playing while I'm there, so this has been fun for all of us. :-) Right now they're in the bathtub, and then I expect they'll sleep VERY well tonight. LOL They spent a lot of time running up and down the stairs with some other kids today, and have definitely gotten their exercise in. We have a little playground at church, but it was pretty hot, so they didn't stay out in it very long. I'm hoping tomorrow they will be able to ride the church's trikes and scooters in the gym. Today some of the "set designers" were building a paper mache volcano in there, so the bunnies had to stay out of the way. :-)

Well... now that I've written a book, I need to get some stuff done around here. I'm a little stiff from kneeling and stapling all day, but I need to do the dishes and clean out the kitty boxes (ugh) and do some laundry, since I'm expecting to be gone most of the day again tomorrow... I'll talk to you all soon!

Oh, weather stuff, right... Things are heating in the Atlantic and the Gulf... Bertha is a tropical storm again right now, but they're expecting her to turn back into a hurricane soon. It looks like she's going to head out into the Atlantic (when she gets done turning in circles just east of Bermuda... the folks there are going to be glad when she moves along!), so keep an eye out, Rann. I don't know if she is going to go far enough north to cause trouble for you or not. There are two other "tropical waves" in the Atlantic, too, that the people at NOAA are keeping close eyes on. Keep emptying your ice trays into the oceans, everyone!!

This message was edited Jul 14, 2008 9:09 PM

Thumbnail by Marylyn_TX
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Wow, Marylyn, so sorry to hear about the damage at your church! What a bummer!! Hope all goes well with VBS next week. You all have been working really hard to make it a success!

(Zone 7a)

How aweful that that happened to your church, Marylyn. We've had flooding at work a few times and it's a pain to get things cleaned up.

Speaking of work, I have been asked if I will change locations. I said yes, of course. Two reasons...I worked there before and know most of the people and the other? It's 4 minutes from my house as opposed to 20-40 minutes, depending on traffic/weather! I really liked working there and have missed it more than I thought.

I hope it rains tomorrow like they say. We need it.

Isis "helps" with peanuts, too!

This message was edited Jul 14, 2008 11:18 PM

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Marilee, I'm so sorry about what happened to your church! It's so great you helped them cleaning!
It's been hot here, 100 and now it's raining, thank God! Moving in still going on, step by step. I have a few boxes with plants and a huge sack with clothes in my car, but still we have more to move in. Yet, we could already live in the house, which will probably happen these days.
Hugs,
Adina

Salina, KS(Zone 6a)

will try again, as that message went poof... The plant is a lantana. They come in many different colors & most of the colors change as the flower ages.
I have a trailing lavender one this year, but believe I prefer the regular ones.
Hadn't ever heard of a lantana until 3 or 4 years ago & now it is one of my favorites.

I’m copying most of this from Jeff’s entry on the CB site for Gary “We received a great report this morning from Gary's doctor. His tumor marker taken last week at the hospital dropped from 10,500 to 3000. His doctor said that his response to just 3 treatments was extremely well. We start a new round of treatments Monday the 21st to continue that downward decline of his markers.”Gary gained 13 lbs since last weigh in.

Deb – I don’t think we got any rain last night. It’s too DysonDark to tell right now. Pretty Hosta!
Se_eds – The rain has been going around us for the most part this year too. My little cukes keep turning yellow too.
Marylyn –I’m so sorry to hear of the damage to the church. Shame on “Mike” for taking such a risk, but it’s a good thing he did. Sounds like VBS is going to be lots of fun for the kids! I’m not super crafty, but Michaels is on my list for everything crafts (reeds). I’m pretty darn good a spray painting! LOL! I just painted my “big mirror” wrought iron frame black. It’s beautiful – used to be green. The problem with having wrought iron at the beach is rust – everything rusts. The bottom part of the mirror had rust because it was by the front door.
Celia – LOL at Isis! Congrats on the job!
Adina – Moving is a burden, but once it’s done – WOOOOHOOOO – New House Happy Dance! LOL!
Petra – Lantana is huge in our area. I have some lantana, but this looks completely different. The stems to the flower “bouquet” are 3” long. I’ll try to get a better picture.

73.8 °F / 23.2 °C
Fog
Humidity: 82%
Dew Point: 68 °F / 20 °C
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0.0 km/h
Pressure: 29.92 in / 1013.1 hPa (Rising)
Heat Index: 74 °F / 23 °C
Visibility: 0.2 miles / 0.4 kilometers

Patchy dense fog has developed over the area early this morning. Visibilities will be reduced to a quarter mile or less in some spots. Motorists should use low beam headlights in areas of dense fog. Conditions will improve by 9 am.

Today
Mostly cloudy. Scattered showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then numerous showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. High 88. East winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70%.

Here is the big mirror now. We're still in the middle of redecorating.

Thumbnail by MySharona

Here is a better picture of one of the "bouquets". I've never seen a lantana this large.

Thumbnail by MySharona
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Gonna be HHH today.

(Zone 5a)

Good morning!

It's windy today, a high of 55°F and mostly cloudy. The weather is lousy everywhere today so that takes care of the "summer fever" for now ;-) lol

Sharon - thanks - I've thought of you many times and said to myself I shouldn't complain! Glad to read the positive news on Gary. I'd send you some of this wind if I could - I'm sure it would do more good down there than here. We definately don't need it. It's the 4th day in a row and everything looks pretty beat up and sad outside :-(

Marsue - LOL - we can call it "summer fever" ;-)

Marylyn - so sorry about the flooding at your church. Sounds like you've been busy. Thanks about the heads up on storm ...... hope it doesn't make it this far ........

Celia - congrats on the job - 4 min. away sounds ideal :-) LOL at Isis! too funny :-)

Hope you all have a great day and manage to keep cool!

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Sunny, bright blue skies, very comfortable @69° an "outside day" if there ever was one.

Salina, KS(Zone 6a)

The close up doesn't look like lantana hummm????? How big across are those blooms?

(Zone 7a)

I think she said the flowers were 3" across? I don't know either but the leaves look wrong for lantana. Very pretty, too.

Rann, sorry you have lousy weather. Keeps the girls inside, doesn't it?

Adina, so excited for you to move in! Decorating is fun!

Sharon, Gary gained weight? That's great! Tell him Utah loves him.

66°F with 94º and thunderstorms on the way this afternoon. I should make it home before it hits.
Feels like: 66°F

Barometer: 29.9 in
Dewpoint: 34°
Humidity: 30%
Visibility: 10 miles
Wind: 10 mph SE
Sunrise: 6:09 AM
Sunset: 8:57 PM
UV Index: 0 Low

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Sharon: that's good news about Gary. Tell him if he keeps eating those Big Macs he will for sure gain more than 13 lbs.! Your mirror is beautiful!
Celia: congrats on the job location change. Isis is hilarious! How did you ever get all that off of her? Poor kitty in the parking lot--was it a stray?
Rann: very pretty lavendar flower in that photo
Okay, I made a 3 part photo consisting of one of mine and two of Sharon's. Mine is in the middle and it is definitely a gold lantana. Sharon's photos are on either side of mine. She said the stems going up to the "bloom" were 3"-not that the bloom itself was 3" across. Mine are not more than 1 1/2 inches across at the most--more probably an inch across. Notice the difference in the leaves on mine and the leaves on hers. Hers could be some sort of hybrid. Who knows? It's a mystery! Judge for yourself--is hers a lantana or no?

edit to add: to enlarge the photo even more scroll up to the bar above the top of this page and click on the little paper icon with the word "Page" next to it and then click on zoom and then on whatever % you want to enlarge it to--the larger you make it the "fuzzier' it becomes.

Hot here today--high forecast to be 94º. i worked in the flowerbeds for 3 hours this morning from about 6:30 till about 9:30. It was fairly cool before the sun got over the big oak tree in my neighbor's back yard but when the sweat started dripping off my face, it was time to come inside--LOL

This message was edited Jul 15, 2008 2:01 PM

Thumbnail by marsue
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Yayy, Gary!! :-) I'm so glad the news was so good!

Could it be a hydrangea, Sharon? It does look similar to a lantana, but I've never seen one with a flower head that big either, and I agree that the leaves aren't right. The leaves do look more like a hydrangea's. I couldn't find one in PlantFiles with that exact color of blooms, but there are a ton of hydrangea's listed that don't have photos. Maybe someone in the hydrangea forum would know??

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Sharon: Glad to hear Gary's good news. Maybe you should post your yellow flowered plant on the Plant Identification forum. Bet you'd get an I.D. in about 30 sec!

Rann: That's a pretty shot.

Got up to 93F today, ...and... got a brief shower around 5. Enough to cool things down to near 80. Verrrry nice.
The last few days have followed what used to be our typical summer weather pattern, with a late afternoon t-shower several days a week. That pattern totally disappeared last summer. Hope this is a sign of things to come. :)

I'm so excited that this ginger finally bloomed after 3 years, that I've posted the pic everywhere!
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC

Rann – The heat is all relative to the region – we have to remember that. I would probably freeze in your heat wave! Hope those winds stop soon. That's a pretty picture!
Celia – I’ve passed your message on to Gary! He’s been fishing today caught a 7lb bass. We just hope this next batch of chemo is easier on him.
Marylyn – I don’t think it’s a hydrangea. I’m going to have to post on the ID forum.
Deb – Your ginger is gorgeous!

82.6 °F / 28.1 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 72%
Dew Point: 74 °F / 23 °C
Wind: 5.0 mph / 8 km/hfrom the ENE
Wind Gust: 9.0 mph / 14 km/h
Pressure: 29.90 in / 1012.4 hPa (Rising)
Heat Index: 89 °F / 31 °C
UV: 2 out of 16
Clouds: Few 3300 ft / 1005 m
Mostly Cloudy 13000 ft / 3962 m
Mostly Cloudy 20000 ft / 6096 m
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 20 ft / 6 m

Hey Dyson - Our elevation went back to 20' - LOL!

Tonight
Partly cloudy with a 40% chance of showers and thunderstorms. Patchy fog after midnight. Low 76 (ugh). Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

No rain again...I just watered the plants again. Here is another shot of the bouquet a different color though. I really like the color of this one!

This message was edited Jul 15, 2008 7:02 PM

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 7a)

Wow. Good to finally know. I'll have top look that one up in PlantFiles.

Mau, I don't know if the kitten was a stray or not. He looked well fed and was not afraid of us. He/she was outside seeing us off at the air museum in Oregon. We got the peanuts off Isis with a wet paper towel. She DID NOT like it! She jumped in an open box and couldn't get out. Of course, I grabbed the camera before helping her out. LOL

Ginger flowers are very pretty, aren't they, Sharon and Deb?

Ir's cloudy and hot out now. Maybe we'll get that rain they promised us last weekend. We need it badly because the air quality is aweful. They keep saying that if you don't need to drive, don't. People with respiratory problems should stay indoors.

This message was edited Jul 15, 2008 7:24 PM

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Celia - I am cracking up at the frogs! I have whimsical frogs around the inside and out of the house.

76.3 °F / 24.6 °C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 98% {{{whimper- this is going to be a really bad hair day}}}
Dew Point: 76 °F / 24 °C
Wind Gust: 2.0 mph / 3.2 km/h
Pressure: 29.92 in / 1013.1 hPa (Steady)
Heat Index: 76 °F / 24 °C
Visibility: 5.0 miles / 8.0 kilometers
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Few 1300 ft / 396 m
Scattered Clouds 25000 ft / 7620 m

Today
Mostly cloudy. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then showers and thunderstorms likely in the afternoon. Locally heavy rainfall possible in the afternoon. High 88. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70%.

NOID rose budding again YAY - I haven't killed it! LOL!

Thumbnail by MySharona
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Gonna be HHH. Heat index will be close to a hundred if not at least that.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Good morning! I stayed up way too late last night, watching the All Star game. Kelli, the Dodgers' catcher is AWESOME!!! I was sorry the National League lost for several reasons, but one of them was that he deserved the MVP award!

Sharon, I've heard the name Ixora, but I'm not sure I've ever seen one before. They're gorgeous!

We took the day off from helping at church yesterday. I got the little bunny up in morning and said, "We're going to play at church!" in my perkiest voice, and she said, "Noooooo!" So I thought maybe we needed a break. LOL We had library books due this week anyway, so we hung out at home in the morning and went to the library in the afternoon, and had a good time. :-) We'll go back to church today.

Our humidity is almost as high as Sharon's, but we only have a 20% chance of rain. The high is going to be in the mid 90s.

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 6:53am CDT (37 min ago)
Temperature 76 °F 24 °C
Dew Point 73 °F 23 °C
Humidity 91%
Pressure 30.06 in 1018.1 mb
Wind Speed Calm Calm
Wind Dir - -
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 9 mi 14.5 km
Heat Index 80 °F 27 °C
Current Conditions Clear
6 hour min temperature ending 6:53am CDT : 75.9°F / 24.4°C
6 hour max temperature ending 6:53am CDT : 79.0°F / 26.1°C

Gary is back at his "base" weight 200lbs! YAY!! Remember he is 6'5"...he's a big boy! LOL!

(Zone 5a)

Good morning!

The weather's really nice today - the wind has finally stopped, only a light breeze now :-) It was sunny this morning, but has clouded up a bit now. High around 60°F. No complaints here :-)

Sharon - those Ixias are gorgeous - I like both colors :-) And that rose is pretty too!

Debi - that ginger is gorgeous! How exciting to get flowers after such a long wait! :-)

Celia - those frogs are hilarious! lol The girls are inside no matter what the weather's like these days. I can't seem to get them to play outside ........ it's either too wet, too windy, too cold, too warm, too sunny .... sigh. lol

Marylyn - sounds like you and your bunnies had a great day at home yesterday :-)

Fríða loves being outside these days - especially in the evenings Unfortunately she's taken a liking to my annuals ........ seems that if it's planted in a flower box it's fair game to her .....

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig
(Zone 7a)

Sharon, your rose is a very pretty color. The frogs were just too good a shot to pass up. I think it turned out pretty good for two moving cars! LOL

Yea!!!! Gary must happier, yes?

Ohhhhh....Friða is so cute!

Marylyn, what YOUR bunny said about church is how I feel this morning about work! LOL I so don't want to go today. It's one of those sitting-in-meetings-all-day days.

77°F with 93º later. No rain yesterday. Maybe today? Please?
Feels like: 77°F

Barometer: 29.9 in ↑
Dewpoint: 48°
Humidity: 36%
Visibility: 10 miles
Wind: 11 mph SE
Sunrise: 6:10 AM
Sunset: 8:56 PM
UV Index: 0 Low

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I spent an hour and a half watering this morning. Here's the weather--gotta run--off to visit some relatives who are in the area visiting. I'll be back later to comment. Glad Gary's weight is back to normal, Sharon!

Today:
Sunny
High 91°F
Precip 0%
Wind: E 9 mph
Max. Humidity: 42%
UV Index: 10+ Extreme
Sunrise: 6:06 AM CT
Avg. High: 91°F
Record High: 108°F (1980)
Clear Overnight
Low 66°F
Precip 20%
Wind: ENE 7 mph
Max. Humidity: 71%
Sunset: 8:21 PM CT
Avg. Low: 69°F
Record Low: 57°F (1990)

Gypsy, this morning

Thumbnail by marsue
(Zone 3b)

Been busy catching up w/you all. New thread and all, lots has happened and I see that Adina, you're moving in~that's great.
10am; 58*; rain in the forecast; again.
Sugarweed~they look so pretty; I didn't get to weezingreens this visit to Seward, but did get to her place last year. Very nice set-up she has and was so generous w/time and starts.
Thanks for the nice comments/photos, as to the glass craft. And, thanks, too, Sharon, for the web site address. For more info, please feel free to d-mail me.
Kelli; loved the old home pics.
MySharona~so glad Gary has good news and is gaining weight. Will you be coming up later this summer?
MarylynT_X~sounds like a good day you've had. Some days you just need that.
rann~the bunny is so cute~the girls must love playing/caring for him.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Kiska: That all seems like VERY good advice! :)
Sharon: Nice photo of your NOID rose!
Rann: How do you pronounce Fríða??

We ony had one "H" today, just Hot. Humidity was blissfully low - so much so that when I stepped into the shade, it actualy felt cooler. That's pretty rare! 50% chance of rain tomorrow. Yay!!

Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Fishing in bear country - Yikes!

Looks, like a hairstreak, Deb, in case you didn't already know.

Marylyn, Russell Martin is probably my favorite Dodger. I wanted the National League to win, too. If the Angels make it to the World Series, they don't need home field advantage. The Red Sox need it more and I don't want them to win the World Series again.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 2:51 PM PDT on July 16, 2008
90 °F / 32 °C
Clear
Humidity: 30%
Dew Point: 55 °F / 13 °C
Wind: 12 mph / 18 km/h / 5.1 m/s from the SE
Pressure: 29.94 in / 1014 hPa (Falling)
Heat Index: 88 °F / 31 °C
UV: 10 out of 16
Clouds: Clear -
(Above Ground Level)

We went hiking today. It was hot, but I needed the exercise. We went to a place where I had noticed before that the flowers were behind (blooming later) than in other places, and sure enough, there were still some left. You've seen these species before, but at the risk of boring you, I'll show you again.

scarlet larkspur

Thumbnail by Kelli

Plummer mariposa lily

Thumbnail by Kelli

Indian pink - Most of the red flowers are from species that bloom late in the season. I haven't figured out why.

Thumbnail by Kelli

turritella fossils - There seem to be two kinds of fossils in the Santa Monica Mountains - turritellas and scallops.

Thumbnail by Kelli

western tiger swallowtail - This was taken with the zoom mode so it is blurry.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Widely scattered intermittent dark @78° and Calm.

(Zone 7a)

Intermittent? What's lighting up once in awhile? UFOs?

Rann – Fríða is just lovely. She looks so sweet!
Celia – Gary is glad to be home. He begins chemo next week 5 days solid. He’s not looking forward to it, but the doctors say he has responded really well to the treatments. Did you get any rain?
Marsue – Hope you had a nice visit with your family. Gypsy is so pretty!
Kiska – It doesn’t look like we’ll make it this year. Gary has to have chemo for a minimum of 6 months. We’re going to be riding this roller coaster for a while. We’re hoping for next Summer. I agree with Deb – that sign says all there needs to be said about fishing and bears!
Deb – Your butterfly is gorgeous!
Kelli - I always enjoy your hikes!
Celia – LOL!! Maybe it’s the UFO’s lights reflecting off your iceberg! LOL!

75.2 °F / 24.0 °C
Light Rain
Humidity: 82%
Dew Point: 69 °F / 21 °C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Pressure: 29.98 in / 1015.1 hPa (Steady)
Heat Index: 76 °F / 24 °C
Visibility: 8.0 miles / 12.9 kilometers
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Few 500 ft / 152 m
Mostly Cloudy 2200 ft / 670 m
Overcast 4800 ft / 1463

Today
Showers and thunderstorms likely in the morning...then showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon with locally heavy rainfall possible. Highs in the mid 80s. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 80%.

I poked my head out the back door this morning and saw that we've had rain over night. I can't tell how much, but we're in for more off and on today (crossing fingers). The plants and lawn are loving it! The temps were really pleasant last night, not hot and not humid, some light breezes. Gosh it was nice and totally unusual for this time of year. Normally it's so miserable you can't stand to be out in it. We do seem to have a large number of mosquitos again this year.

Thumbnail by MySharona

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.