BIG Gourd

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Ive lived in this apartment for the past 3 years, so I haven't had space to grow any. I do, however, still have my one big gourd that I grew before we moved. I still can't decide what to do with it!

Crossville, TN

They make great drums!! Jo

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

I thought about that once . . . even got a piece of leather for the top part . . .can't get myself to cut into it! At least, not until I have the space to grow more. If I had a backup, that'd be different maybe.

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

I know the feeling Syrumani, I have this huge kettle guourd that I have been planning to do "something" with fro 3 years now but Im afraid I'll ruin it! I need to get another patch strted right now for "back Up".....hmmmmnow where did I put those seeds?????

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Syrumani, Bead it.
Just ask roadrunner, she knows all about my beaded gourds.
Hi Jo, I'm back

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader Thumbnail by Gourdbeader Thumbnail by Gourdbeader
Crossville, TN

Welcome back, Jan...I leave on a month's trip tomorrow. Jo

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Greg was just there last week for a week with his mother and brothers. She is 87 now and wanted to spend some time with all of her sons at the same time while she is still healthy and able to enjoy all of them together. It had been 40 years since they were all together at the same time. Way too long.
I couldn't go because I needed to stay with the kids.
They are getting big

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader
Bardstown, KY(Zone 6a)

Where you going for a MONTH Jo? AZ won't be the same with you gone that long!!

Precious...

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Hey Jo, do you still have any of those huge gourd seeds. I would love to give it another try.
LMK

Crossville, TN

Oh Doug, My precious boy! I will leave for TN tomorrow....Lord willin....then on to SC, GA...stop and SEE a DG in GA too....then on to Utah....and back home by June 21st.

Now, Jan dear...I can probably scare up some seeds when I get back but it's too late to plant them this year any how. Now have patience....maybe i will BRING them to you!!. Jo

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.