Looking for info. on Peahens & cocks

Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

George. I do not sell my eggs. I have stopped breeding birds to sell and mainly breed for the birds I like. For the last three years I have traded more birds than I sell. I have friends all across the US and we ship birds back and forth every year. Between 1992 &1996 I worked for a peafowl farm with 1,200 birds so there isn't much in the peafowl world I haven't seen. My greatest joy is taking a 5 gal. bucket and sitting on it in the middle of my juvenile pen. I am breeding birds that have never been seen before and it's so much fun seeing how they turn out. I have some Cameo Spaldings hens that are 31/32 Jave. I can't wait to see what the males look like> I will take some pictures in the next few days and post.

Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

George. I do not sell my eggs. I have stopped breeding birds to sell and mainly breed for the birds I like. For the last three years I have traded more birds than I sell. I have friends all across the US and we ship birds back and forth every year. Between 1992 &1996 I worked for a peafowl farm with 1,200 birds so there isn't much in the peafowl world I haven't seen. My greatest joy is taking a 5 gal. bucket and sitting on it in the middle of my juvenile pen. I am breeding birds that have never been seen before and it's so much fun seeing how they turn out. I have some Cameo Spaldings hens that are 31/32 Jave. I can't wait to see what the males look like. I will take some pictures in the next few days and post.

morehead, KY(Zone 6a)

I understand Ken. We live in such a great environment for peafowl that I'm afraid to add many to my birds.(100 wooded acres surrounded by the Daniel Boone national forest.) I just loved the looks of your birds and can tell you take good care of them. Thats why I was asking. Well at least you can keep the pics up and we can see what you are up to!
George

Sonoita, AZ(Zone 8a)

George - your environment sounds similar to mine. We have 80 acres diverse with oaks, junipers, and rolling pasture surrounded by national forest and a old Spanish land grant that goes for over 5 miles.
Kenboy, please do send pics, and if you ever do want to trade or sell keep George and me in mind. Are you a UPA member?
I am not doing any whites, because I don't want to attract predators. I learned this from my chickens and cats. I just came back from my daily routine of sitting in the pea pen feeding treats and talking with the group.
Sonoita

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.