CLOSED: MIXED SEED NUTS July 5 thru ?

Cumberland Mtns, TN(Zone 6b)

lookie.....I have twin squash!!! lol thats what I get for not going to the garden in 4 days. LOL it's rained so much I didnt think I could get to the squash but this is what I found this morning.

I'm still cooking it.

and home grown tomatoes!!!!!! i picked 4. ain't nothing like the first tomoto of the season ...warm from the vine. with salt.

happy tuesday girls.

Do we have a Lavender expert in the house? I need advice

my boy is awake......bbl

(it never fails....I never attach a pic on the first try !)

Thumbnail by nanniepb
(Laura) Olympia, WA(Zone 8a)

I think this needs a new thread.

(Audrey) Dyersburg, TN(Zone 7a)

My lavendar died that I got in the swap! Boo hoo :=(

(Becky) Colmesneil, TX(Zone 8b)

fifi... yes the lumbar support will help bunches... and even the twin squash looks great..lol true crookneck... I bought plants this year.. and it sure wasn't crookneck..... needless to say I am still mad..hehe.. I think next year I'll start all the seeds inside.. at least I might know what I am getting!
Lorraine... that's the kind of work I always get too.. but maybe it's because my "smarts " department is on backwards..lol

Karen.. soooo glad that mental breakdown didn't last.. and you are better.. just need to kick some people in the butts... know what I mean?? I am soo glad you are continuing with the canning thread!

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8a)

I'm with you Zhinu.
If someone will remind Miss Anjl that we need one, she'll get it up. If I ask, she'll make me wait till my computer explodes before she does it. LOL

Karen, you really need to get yourself over here and let us know how you're doin!

Anyone hear from any of the other "missing links"

Joey in Conroe, TX(Zone 8b)

Wrrrgh I'm trying to clean Zeke's room, goin g through the toybox getting rid of some of the "baby" toys that he no longer plays with and organize the rest. Of course everything we pull out Zeke's like oh Momma loooook! and takes off with it.
And may I add that the next person that buys either one of my children a stuffed animal will be stuffed themselves!!!
OK end of rant!!

jojoringer - I need to do that this week too. Even with giving my DSD a play room she has too much stuff to keep neat. I also need to set up the playroom. I'm not looking forward to it. I don't mind the stuffed animals so much, it's the pointless junk and worthless electronics that bother me.

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8a)

I never could understand all the stuffed animals. I know they are supposed to be soft and cuddly, but couldn't they cuddle three instead of 63? Then you can't throw them away, cause they are so nice, so you put them in a garage sale so someone else can have the same problem the next year.!!!
My kids always had a couple that were their favorites., so those I kept and put away. I still have a little monkey that Kristy put masking tape all over cause she was the doctor and he broke his foot. lol

NEED A NEW THREAD There, I've said it.

I still have over a dozen that are out and Mine. Though about half of those I only display for holidays, polar bears for winter, rabbits for Easter, that type thing. My DStD has another 1/2 dozen or so cats that were mine until I decided she could have them. I have a Toy chest full of dolls and stuffed animals that are either too damaged or not quite decorative or important enough to have out, but too sentimental to get rid of. Stuffed animals and dolls were my big thing as a kid. The last thing I got rid of when I got "too old for that type thing" and first thing to come back out.

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8a)

Ok, if we are confessing, I still have some that were mine as a kid. I'm so ashamed.

When my oldest kids were little, I had a bunch that I'd had since I was really little. We were playing cards one night with some friends and they went in to take a bath, I walked in a few minutes later, and there they were. All my stuffed animals in the bathtub. !!
They were so old, I never could get the smell out, so had to get rid of them.
I'm still mad at those kids.

(Audrey) Dyersburg, TN(Zone 7a)

I get a cute stuffed bear with a heart every Valentines Day from my Sweetie!

my grandkids bought webkins for me for Christmas ... ugh ... I quickly told them nannie couldnt take care of them like they could; let them do all that virtual stuff online. that could be a 25 hr a day deal.

hey...i used to take mental health days all the time. now i'm just mental (snickering)

becky(gardener)...I can't keep the cats out of my Japanese MGs!!! they're not digging, just laying in the planter or playing with the leaves and scratching & breaking them off. Today I made a teepee like you did with bamboo poles to try to get the vines up off the ground/higher. everytime I saw them near it today, I soaked them with the water hose. heee that was evil too, but I liked it. ^_^ I may have to find a small amt of rabbit cage if they don't leave it alone. it looks like i'll have lots of blooms if I can just keep the cats off.

tic toc.. my friend is stopping by to pick up some squash. Paula Deen made grated zuchinni and squash cakes earlier. fried of course. looked good. then i gotta pick beans; i'll be the fresh meat for the skeeters.

hey...did I show ya'll the greenhouse I got for $16? this is the walmart pic....Ive not even put it together yet. I dont know what to sow this late in the year.

well......this ain't getting nothing done. (hows that for a country saying)

Thumbnail by nanniepb

I keep hoping I'll get caught up on here and convince myself to do something else. But, this is more or less what I've done today and I'm not getting caught up.

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8a)

BEEEEEECCCCKKKKKYYYYY, Tell Anjl we need a new thread. She'll listen to you!!

LOL sorry about the rant earlier I was just getting soo frustrated! Zeke's stuffed animals arent so bad, but with my daughter, there are 3 huge garbage bags in the attic. She wont get rid of them LOL she knows where thaty all came from and who gave them to her. She finally let me put them away so she could walk through her room. I never was a big stuffed animal person, of course I also thought Barbies were perfect for sighting my .22 so maybe was just too much of a tomboy LOL

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8a)

Hey Sandy, do you know the deadline for the August trade yet?

Got a couple d mails and referred them to you, he he he. Maybe just post it on the info thread, it's getting closer to Aug than it seems.

Hey, ya'll be sure to check the August trade on the info thread. Sandy (Chatnoir) is doing that one and it looks like good stuff.
She even gave us some places to look at flowers and stuff.!! Hope ya'll don't expect us lazy people to do that!!

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8a)

Barbies didn't come along till I was a little too old for them. But I never had a girl that played with them. They just pulled their heads off and did what you did. In fact, they pouted if someone gave them one for Christmas or something. (So embarrassing!!!) lol

(Karen) Frankston, TX(Zone 8a)

I don't understand, why doesn't someone else just make a thread? I mean, any of us can do it?

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

Anjl - WE NEED A NEW THREAD!!! I mean seriously ... 416 posts! No wonder it takes me forever to load this thread! LOL!

Been hanging out on the patio with Peepers. I posted a new photo on the Wild Bird thread:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/872806/
It was kinda funny ... I kept thinking this baby bird had a cowlick on top of it's head. Well, today it seemed like it changed and matured overnight. Then it struck me ... it's a cardinal ... so yeah ... it will have that tuff of fluff on it's head! Well ... duh!

LOL! About all the stuffed animals. I went through a stuffed Teddy Bear phase! I won't even tell you how many I had before I gave most of them away during a garage sale several years ago. LOL! It you purchased anything at my garage sale, you got a free teddy bear! LOL! I only have one now ... and she's staying with me. She was my first from dh and my most favorite! :-)

Joey - Ackkkk! I can't believe you used Barbies for target practice! Tsk, tsk!!! I had one of the very first Barbies. Found out she was worth several thousand $$. I had stored her in a closet at my mom's home. When I went to get her (and all the other Barbies), I found out my mom had donated them to Goodwill. So ... someone may have gotten a VERY expensive Barbie doll! LOL!

Phyllis - Nice little greenhouse setup ya got there!

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8a)

OH no, Karen, we must not touch Anjl's thread. This is her baby, and she will send snakes to us if we do. LOL

She'll do one since Becky asked for it. LOL

Come on, everyone send her a d mail. As I rub my hands together with an evil laugh. Teach her to mess with us!!

Don't you hate knowing how much stuff would be worth if you'd just saved them. We live where there are tons of antique stores. Met one guy who would buy new stuff he knew would be collectibles and just chunk them in the attic. Then someday he'll have money, or his kids will. lol

Remember, the first star wars toys. I sold those in a garage sale for 25 cent each. Kick myself

I know! Sterling could go to Harvard on the Barbies and GI Joesthat I blew up as a kid!

(Becky) Colmesneil, TX(Zone 8b)

Oh.. Jojo.. you naughty girl.... hehe.. how I wish I'd kept my first Barbies.. but like a dumb butt I gave them to a BF's niece when I was a teenager!! I did keep 1 doll.. my very favorite! her fingers are cracking.. but she has a prominant place in my DH's wicker rocker from when he was a child. I even have my Mommas chalk doll!

I am too busy keeping my G Mommas and Mommas stuff and there sure isn't much room left for my stuff. I have 2 pieces from the Civil War area.... and it ain't me Lorraine!!..lol
PLEASE... I am the other BECK...... I am on dial up... have pity on me??!

Becky.. I can't believe how your baby has grown!! Wonder if he will look to you like his Momma.. or do birds do that?

Lorraine.. have you got all your plants planted yet??

well, ok. i admit to having a cabbage patch doll that I bought 3 yrs ago. =) but that's different.

I adopted her legally and changed her name to Hannah Beth. when the kids come, they take her clothes off, shoes, etc., but when they leave I put her back together and she sits on the bed in my guest room. We have a junk store that sells the stuff that RiteAid sells by the truck load, friday and saturday, everything's a dollar, mon-thurs its a quarter. Then wednesday's they pick a 'special' and everything is a dime. I took my four g'kids on a wed and it was baby clothes for a dime day, and the $3.10 we spent that day was the MOST fun. they got real baby clothes, both boys and girls, hats, bibs, all kinds of clothes, and when we got home, it fit their Build A Bears, my Hannah Beth...most of their dolls. we washed it and dried it and they folded it and put it in drawers, a million and one times, lol, there was NO end to it. Best three bucks I ever spent.

i digress. old age does that to you. ^_^

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

Beck - I hope this bird hasn't imprinted on me. I don't want it to think I'm it's mama. It needs to be a wild creature. Too dangerous for it to trust people other than me. But you may be right. When I talk to it, it chirps at me. When I let it out of it's cage. It flies to my shoulder or head. LOL! I guess I look pretty good to Peepers since I feed him/her. :-)

Phyllis - I have a Cabbage Patch doll too. And a whole bunch of the Precious Moments Dolls. They are all in my china cabinet. I don't have china, I have collectable dolls and figurines instead. Though I doubt any of it is worth much. We never eat on good china. My kids would break every last piece. I always said I was going to have nice things when my kids are grown. But now I don't care. And heck, I'd buy nice things and then my kids would have children and the grandkids would come visit me and break the good stuff. LOL! So why even bother ... I'm over it! LOL! I'll stick with my unbreakable dolls. LOL! Though I am sure they could be used for target practice ... so stay away Joey!!! LOL!

What a great buy for $3.00! All those dollie clothes. Sounds like everyone enjoyed the new baby clothes! How neat! RiteAid is what kind of store?

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8a)

Actually Becky, your grandkids would probably do more damage. Once you've gone through it with your own, you don't feel like worrying about stuff anymore, so grandkids do stuff you'd never let you own do.
Well, that's my experience anyway. lol Could be cause I'm lazy!!

Well, I'm sitting here with aprons getting ready to actually put paint on them. Boy, am I scared! Ya'll better pray!!

Rite Aid is a chain drug store, like Walgreens. Some items are close to the expiration date or its a closeout, etc., or someone has opened a bottle of nail polish and gotten some on the label so they pull it off the shelf. theres lots of paper products too. hey....thats where I can get a binder for $1, for my seeds =) =)

i am so cheap, i squeek when i walk heehee

ohhhhhh, thats right. we'll get two goodies this month maybe.

aprons and froffies =D

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8a)

Like I said, I've been sitting here with the paint in my hand, almost touching the fabric. Maybe later on tonight , I'll actually put a mark. I'm so afraid of messing it up.!!! lol

LOL go for it Lorraine, you can't do any worse than my little creatures with the evil eyes! I found out that paint pens on fabric work a lot different than aqua lead on paper LOL!

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8a)

lol Yours is really cute. They all are. Well, there's gonna be one that isn't, but maybe ya'll can say "it's the effort that counts." lol

LOL I dunno about cute, they llok like evil pods to me but that may be appropriate too...

Let's see, I have:
There is my first doll, a teddy bear. I'll be in a retirement home and still have that one. If I had to save one non-important item from a fire that might be it. It's never going away if I have a choice. A bunny I got from a friend when I was 7 with jelly beans on hands, feet and ears. There is a big (3'?) polar bear and a polar bear hand puppet that I take out during the winter. My cabbage patch that I've had since before I can remember, but I can remember being traumatized at 5 because my grandma washed it in the washer and hung it up on the clothes line to dry. A rabbit I got for Easter. A sand frog my brother got me a couple years ago. There is a plush Cthulu that went to the UK with us twice. I collect clothes for this one. A Paddington that was too cool to send to goodwill when we helped a friend move. Various Fair type animals that I haven't got around to getting rid of yet and one I love.
I think that covers all that's out.

I know I have big sister somewhere. A 4'? plush doll my mom made me for Christmas, and the reason I found out that Santa didn't deliver presents, she was significantly taller than me when I get her. I think I might have the farm blanket she made that same year. It was a quilt that looked like a farm and had small animals you played with on it. I have a pantyhose doll that's coming apart. Then there are some various dolls that need cleaning. I know I'm forgetting some big ones but that's what I remember.

DStD got all my cats and at least one dog. I had a full sized leopard, several pound kitties and a couple others. I use a stuffed duck music box to sing her to sleep when I do this (this should be in the "to be cleaned section" but...). She has all my Barbies and clothes. More stuff.

I was weird, I was a tomboy who liked dolls. I'm still a tomboy who likes dolls, I'm just the geek form now. I mean I have a Cthulu that I dress up! Here he is at Loch Ness in Scottish garb.

Thumbnail by zhinu
(AnjL) Fremont, CA(Zone 9b)

sorry it took me so long to get here tonight!

I'll go do a new thread pronto!

I was buzy making my salsa...and collecting the payments on the co-op, and then answering a bazillion dmails about the co-op...and well... sheesh you all talk ALOT!!! so it took me 25 minutes just to read thru it all! Glad I did read it tho...now I know that you all need a new thread.

BTW ANY ONE OF US can post a new thread... I am not queen of the mixed seed threads :o) and now that we have an info thread...well, anyone can start a new one...just keep the name the same so we can find it! Plus, this way we can post different pictures of froffies!

(AnjL) Fremont, CA(Zone 9b)

NEW THREAD!!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/877679/

THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.