Chit Chat... Everyone welcome. Part 22

South/Central, FL(Zone 9a)

Well, it's time to start a new thread. : ) We came from here>>> http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/842782/

As usual, everyone from anywhere, is welcome to join us, The more, the merrier. : ) We love new peeps. : )

Hey Linda, one of my glads is opening today, and my red dahlia is also. Look at my grass, we need rain bad, I could start a fire out there easy.
~Lucy

Thumbnail by BlueGlancer
Chipley, FL(Zone 8a)

Fleur -

I don't have the Silvermound growing, but I do have the variegated one, it is like yellow/limegreen, really pretty - however, it doesn't die back here and spreads like crazy. I have some in full sun and partial sun. You want some??

Dee

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Dee I would love some :)

Lucy that is a pretty coloured glad.Hoping for some rain as well everything is wilting

Monschi looky here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/843396/

Thumbnail by fleurone
Cape Coral, FL(Zone 10a)

Fleurone, that's pretty little flowers. What are they?

Cape Coral, FL(Zone 10a)

Hoya pubicalyx "Red Button"

Thumbnail by Sunshinesw
Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Here's something I was playing with today. I decided to move this pottery from the house into the garden. Thought I would try this area first .
The idea is to relocate the sprinkler head, pebble the area and add a rain chain instead of the down pipe. Ignore the stuff on the other side of the screen ( that is waiting to be planted out/moved ) got possibilities or just a mess?
Better without the pots and just have pebbles and rain chain?

Thumbnail by fleurone
Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Sunshine it's a bulbine, have offsets if you wan't some :)
I keep watching my hoya it is growing like crazy but I don't know if it wil ever flower

Cape Coral, FL(Zone 10a)

phicks, great place here. I was there at Octoberfest.

Cape Coral, FL(Zone 10a)

fleurone, yes I would love one. What kind of hoya do you have? do you feed the hoya? the hoya like to be root bound as well.

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

No problem,dmail your address.

I have no idea about the hoya it is variegated,keeps busy climbing , and I would think it is pot bound by now. I will have to take a picture of it .BRB

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

This is it

Thumbnail by fleurone
Cape Coral, FL(Zone 10a)

fleurone, that is Hoya "Krimson Princess" I would pot her down to 6" pot, if it's in 8" pot if it was me. Your plant looks very happy but in order to fill the roots in that pot will take a long time, it'll spend lot of energy building root system instead of trying to make the flowers. I am definitely not a hoya expert but seems to work for me better in a smaller pot then larger pot.
I d-mail you.

Zolfo Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Well i just typed a whole link and it disappeared!!! Rats! I will try to remember what i typed.

Paul tks I will get them just as soon as i can (if you will keep the snakes at bay)

Lucy, Lucy what do you mean you can't put salt on the slugs? I must say I think beericide might be the better way to go but i am not sure.
Congratulations on a boy. Guess it is most important for mom & dads to get what they want vs mimi's.
That is a georgeou color on that glad mine doesn't look as healthy as yours. They are probably all going to bloom while we are gone. Somebody can come pick them a bouq. That is if the deer doesn't like them. They hit my roses again last nite. I ordered the Deer Stopper last week and they said it would be here Tues or Wed hope it comes before i leave. It will be my luck it will come the day after i leave. When I come back (if it doesn't work) I am going to have to stay up at nite and sleep in the daytime. Lucy my Mexican sunflowers are absolutely georgeous. I am going to plant them everywhere. They look so bright and pretty and the butterflys love them. Sorry I bailed out early last nite I slept for 10 hours. I was just tired..

Sunshine i did not know that crotons had flowers.

fleur at some point I would like to get a piece of that hoya. I used to have one a long time ago. If i could find one I would just buy one.

I got a bunch of endless summer hydrangea cutting in the rooting pots I hope they root. They are looking really good.

Cape Coral, FL(Zone 10a)

LeePerk, I think the Croton flowers are just cutest!!! The box stores carry some of the hoyas including Hoya "Krimson Princess"

This message was edited May 6, 2008 5:05 PM

I will have to look for one. I am out to work in the yd for a bit before dark be on later.

Hi Linda, my mexican sunflowers are looking ratty. I let too many come up in one spot. I should have thinned them. I will next time. Once you have them, you always have them, if you let them go to seed, which I did.

I planted coleus today, and still have a bunch to plant. The tomatoes Lorine gave me haven't missed a beat, I planted them deep the other day, and they are looking good. I still have so much stuff to plant, but if don't rain, I have to just stand around and water all the day. I need more water lines.

Lucy my tomatoes are looking good also. I also have a lot of stuff to plant. If i could quit putting wheels under plants I would be ok. My brusgs are starting to really wilt in the middle of the day. I worked in the yard until 8:30 tonite. Tomorrow I have to go to Dr. and hear what he has to say. Then I have to come home and put my hanging plants all down so they will get water while i am gone. I am taking my computer so I will be on line some while i am at Elaines.

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Hi,,, where have you all been hiding??? LOL. I had a good week with mom, and 2 sisters. We shopped til we dropped. We need rain also. It is becoming very dry and have had to water especially all my plants from the swap. Got several tomato plants growing.
Congrats Lucy on the news about your boy grandbaby.
Magi, I love the pot idea. Maybe you could put use a couple and make a water feature.
Linda, see you soon. Are you coming Friday?

Yes, we are leaving Thurs and spend the nite in G'ville to take Ron's mom to dinner.

BTW what do you mean where HAVE WE BEEN? STREAK!!!

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

See you then.. Outa here. Have to go play in first grade tomorrow and earn some cow manure $ for all these plants.
Nite all
Streak

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Yeah... guess it was me MIA. LOL

Elaine i could just bring you some cow manure outta Lucy's pasture.

Nite and sweet dreams!

Wow, I missed Elaine again. Geezus! : ) Yep, Linda, I have plenty of cow stuff. Get all you want. : )

Lucy I worked so hard in my garden today and i ended at 8:30 spraying my roses. At least the deer haven't eaten the ones next to the house and so far they have not bothered my day lilies.

So, your Deer stuff came in? My brugs are hit with spider mites again, I just sprayed those suckers about 3 weeks ago, and now I gotta do it again. The one under the oak tree has never had SM's, go figure.

No my deer stopper did not come. I was spraying with rose spray. I am hoping the stopper comes in tomorrow otherwise they will eat them the whole time i am gone. I have not had a problem with my brugs yet. (knock on wood)

You and Elaine are gonna have fun, fun, fun. : ) I need to go over to Lorines tomorrow and get my Buckeye. I hope she is feeling better. Do you know if she is?

No I have not spoken with her today but i hope she is feeling better. what is buckeye?

It a shrub or a tree, I think. Blooms red, I think, and grows in Geaorgia. I was gonna see if it will grow here. I'm sure it is gonna have to have some shade tho. Elaine sent it to me. : )

I forgot to tell you, everybody that goes to Georgia, has to bring me something back from Elaines. LOL : )

I'll snitch you sompin. My maltese cross has not bloomed yet.

Give your Maltese alittle fertilizer, that should get them going. I have some that are the same age as the others, but I just set them out, and they are not ready to bloom yet either. Don't worry about them blooming and you missing them, they hold their bloom a long time. : )

What time are you leaving, tomorrow, Linda?

I go to the doctor tomorrow we are leaving Thurs. assuming everything goes well at the doctor.

I gave the maltese c fertilizer today they don't get full day sun.

Do I need to drop off a couple of Maltese crosses for Elaine?

I hope your Dr appt goes ok. : )

She would probably like to have a couple. It would have to be after 3:00 or i might could pick them up.

Ok, I'll get them ready. If you don't show up by 5 or so, I'll bring them over. K ?

Lucy i am off to bed got lots to get done tomorrow. Nite and Sweet dreams.

K I will catch you later.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.