What's Blooming Outside Your Door, Part 2

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

OOOOh cool,
I thought It was 'Peaches and cream' I'm so trying to keep up with names but not doing a good job of it, LOL
Work Work I guess has my mind.
Thank you so much, I would of classified it wrong.
Are you a late niter like me?

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Hi Tills, you're welcome! Sometimes very much yes I'm a night owl, sometimes not so much... tonight I'm falling asleep at the keyboard-I spent most of the day moving dirt and amending soil. So it's off to bed with me tonight.... yawwwnnn......

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

I didnt get to say good nite, my server went off line. so now I will say good morning to you.
^_^
Tills

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Blossoms on my Japanese maple are pretty.

The tree came with the house & I have no idea what the correct name
is. I could take a full picture if you think you could identify it.

This message was edited May 13, 2008 9:09 PM

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Iris are starting to replace the tulip & daffodil show of previous weeks. These dutch Iris are very nice this year.. early I think but nice.

This message was edited May 14, 2008 5:06 AM

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Pretty blue/yellow combo with rain drops...

Thumbnail by BeaHive
(AnjL) Fremont, CA(Zone 9b)

beahive, which JM do you have?

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

I just love bleeding hearts. They are so delicate.

Thumbnail by rachierabbit
Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Pansies, Blue Panda Corydalis and Lady's Mantle

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Some of my new iris-- Ballistic

This message was edited May 13, 2008 6:58 PM

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Twilight Plic

Snohomish, WA

Man Rachel! You have iris blooming! My big purples are budding but thats it. Your bleeding hearts looks really nice! I want to find some of the golden so I can have the Holy Trinity of Bleeding hearts (golden, white and red).

Rachie... do the bleeding hearts need full shade?

Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

No - mine are in full sun - they do well if you provide rich, moist soil for them. You can grow them in the shade, but they won't flower as well. High, dappled shade is probably the easiest way to grow.

Snohomish, WA

Mine are in full shade and doing well.They might not get as many flowers, but in my shade bed they are there as fillers. Discriminate on lookers. The arisaemas and podophyllums are the main show. They are just late arivers.

Thumbnail by NWGordon
Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

My bleeding hearts are planted under one of my Madrone in dappled shade and they love it. Gordon when you find the yellow ones pleassseee let me in on your secret supplier :0)

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Hey all, I found mine at Heidis, when we went.

He's so small I am worried about loseing it in the beds.

Rach's what was the name of the grass like plant, that had the little blublets, It is planted by the steps.
Tills

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Mine love the shade and flower beautifully. Better than my wife's. (well that is my opinion) They love the shade and heavy soil of my north side.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

I just found this.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/847390/

Lol Tilly.. thats why all the threads have been so quiet lately... everyone went shopping! :o) Myself included... I just bought 4 rooted brugs on there last weekend...whoo hoo!

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Ok I'm slow LOL
Thats what happens when you work late at night, I'm always behind the times. And as is my yard.
Have a bloom on A iris from Pix.
You did not see the weed.

This message was edited May 14, 2008 5:02 PM

Thumbnail by tillysrat

what weed?! LOL!

First rose from my Valentines Rose tree :o)

Thumbnail by 1AnjL
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

My poppy's have turn into monsters they are 4' high and 3' wide, I started them from seed. "Carole lookout" they have gotten so big.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

And one is ready to bloom. About time LOL

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

To collect the laudnum from the poppy they used to run 'without clothing' through the poppies and then scrape off the skin to begin preparation for the poppie's chemical. Tils lets not get ideas.

:o( I'm in Cali and my poppies STILL have no blooms!

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Steve I think this is the wrong type of Poppy or am I wrong? If thats the case, how do I harvest LOL "NOT"

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

I do not know anything about illegal plants and narcotic issues.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Anyway not going to happen in my yard, want, know part of it, I will pull them out by the roots and burn them. LOL And I wouldn't know how to harvest them anyway. LOL

One, which poppys do you have?

lol, I have red poppies (seeds I planted) and just the regular ca poppies... not sure which ones sprouted... but no flowers or buds yet... I keep checking them every day!

I checked my nasturnium last night...no buds. today I come home and there are big flowers on them. so either I'm going blind... or this heat got to them today! LOL! 93* UGH! SEND SNOW!!!!

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Tils, I think the opium poppy is the annual one anyway-aren't yours perennials?

Mine aren't doing too well. I think I sowed the seeds too late. I think they look like they have two leaves now. I'm guessing they won't be blooming along with the lilies I planted them with...oh well...

:o) I just read the DG article for today on bleeding hearts :o) I never knew there were so many!

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Till's - I will try and remember to look at the tag tomorrow for the grass with bulblets. I'm looking for the http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/1391/

Whidbey Island, WA(Zone 7a)

oneanjl, my oldest daughter lives in CA (Orange County) and has been experiencing those gawdawful temps, too - she hates it . . . wants to move back here so badly! She would definitely agree with your plea for snow!

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

8 days later. In full bloom.

Thumbnail by gardener105
Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

The other 2 furthest from the house finally starting to bloom.

Thumbnail by gardener105
Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Yay. Finally!! Is hot weather forecasted for you guys, as well as the rest of us on the other sides of the mountains?

ugh! 105* today.. supposed to drop to 90* tomorrow.
Really bad hot winds all day today... and I work in the Oakland Hills :o( scary!
we havent had any rain in months! :o(

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Ugh, 105!
Hey, how's this for weird-we're supposed to be 94 here tomorrow, too. Pretty weird to be matching the inland Bay temps around here, I tell ya! Ooh, that is scary about the lack of rain. Do winds increase fire danger in the Bay area like they do near LA?

yes, thats exactly what happened in the Oakland Hills fires... and I work in insurance, so my mind immediately goes to 'losses-mode' :o( I hope there are no fires this year... have clients in sandiego area too... I hate when people lose everything.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.