What's Blooming Outside Your Door, Part 2

Port Angeles, WA(Zone 8b)

Thought the thread was getting a skosh long, so am starting a continuation.

Here's the lovely "Bowbells" starting to show her face.

Thumbnail by outtamygourd

My Heart Bleeds For You ~

And if the deer leave it alone, we may have Ranier cherries this year!

Bulbs are finally blooming!

And now, proof positive that this has been a VERY strange spring so far. Everyone's crocus are done, right? Nope...not mine. Just now starting to show up! =*S

And then once the crocus finish, the daffs start, right? Nope...my daffs are just opening and are a little ahead of the crocus!?!?! This one just opened today.

And then, maybe some help with these two ~ I got this at the GE, I think. It's been in the ghetto for quite some time and I can't remember what it is. Help?

And this one?

Snohomish, WA

I'm not sure on either but give tilly or pixy a crack at them. Thanks for starting a new thrwead! Was getting rel long, but over 3,000 views! Lots of people admiring are handy work!

Not blooming but here is one of my ariaesmas coming out!

Thumbnail by NWGordon
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Sheri that last one is the cornflower, not sure what color?
Mine is 4 years old

Gordon I am back to work this next weekend, but if you are in Lynnwood stop by the store. I would love some.

Thumbnail by tillysrat

Tills! That's right! Thanks. I was thinking 'corn plant' but that's a houseplant and nothing like this. Is it the same as Bachelor Buttons? Looks a lot like the ones I got at the GE from someone, which I just went outside and checked and it is exactly the same! Hah!

Whidbey Island, WA(Zone 7a)

Outta, sometimes it's called the Perennial Bachelor Buttons. My cousin and her DH were just here and were admiring my Corn Flower - fortunately, I had a nice one all potted up for them to take home! (They brought me a darling fountain - so only fair, don't you think??!!)

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

One out of the way.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Centaurea Montana - mountain bluet - perennial cornflower.

The first one looks like a baby Digitalis - foxglove - biennial.

Nice pix, Sheri. I need about 100 of those bigger rocks . . . can you start me a pile? LOL

Snohomish, WA

Where in Lynnwood tilly? I live in Snohomish and work in Bellevue, so it is on the way home if I go back roads.

Oh, Kathy...there's plenty more where those came from! DH worked on some more today!

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

And I asked you if you wanted one, you said no. Ha Ha now you got one. LOL

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

I have weally big wocks and some small wocks - nothing the wight size for bowdewing a waised bed. And I am waising a bed for my woses because the sunniest spot on the pwopewty is ovew a vein of clay!!! At the wate I'm gowing, it will be a few yeaws.

Sorry . . . feeling goofy this afternoon and not weady to go back out in the cold yet. :-)

This message was edited May 3, 2008 6:20 PM

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Gordon on 196th st. 1 block above Jimbos Remember?

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Some body had a Tweedy pill LOL

Mountlake Terrace, WA(Zone 8a)

Um, that seems like an odd way to describe the location. Above to me means north.

Maybe 1 block east of Jimbos, or on 196th across from B of A.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Across from B&A, Old safeway building. LOL

Kathy...I completely understand what you're saying. I weeded the wood all day while DH worked on wocks! Like I said, there are plenty more where those came from. Be prepared to bwing some home with you when you come on the 17th. And now that we are thwew working for the day the sun is coming out! BTW, Kathy, sending you a d-mail about our dog twaining tomorrow, if you want to watch.

Snohomish, WA

Are you trying to confuse me Rob? lol I worked at Jimbo's for a few years way back when, and know the area.
And yes! I am on my meds! That's what the doc said to do, but I need reminding every now and then of what I am doing!

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Its Okay Gordon he just picking on me I think, He knows the store. LOL

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Sheri I wish I had known that I would of loaded up or borrow the trailer.
Dang I always miss out, OOOO I'll pout now. LOL

Snohomish, WA

Kathy did you slip some of my meds on the ferry? That is what everyone sounds like at times!

Gorororodonononon...What's wrongongongon? Are yououououo havinginginging troubleblebleble understandinginginging what we're sayinginginging?

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

ROFLOLBAG

Snohomish, WA

No that was perfect! I just have to consentrate on the screen in the middle!

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

LOL Gordon you are such a kick. hope your neck gets better.
Hugs
Tills

You guys are a riot. Gordon, I pulled up some of that petasites 'golden palms' today. Tills, I have enough for you, too , if you want it. But it's a runner like all petasites. This one is a native, though.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Pix - I'd love some of it next time you pull up a runner.

Spanaway, WA(Zone 8a)

Thought I would jump in here and add a few from my garden today. You've got some pretty things going Outta. You must have a different kind of crocus going on there. Mine have been done for over a month. Just some common forget-me-nots and candytuft under a euphorbia, but I think it makes a nice combination.

Thumbnail by suzyq1968
Spanaway, WA(Zone 8a)

Darmera Peltata

Thumbnail by suzyq1968
Spanaway, WA(Zone 8a)

Pretty pink azalea

Thumbnail by suzyq1968
Spanaway, WA(Zone 8a)

Corydalis comingling with pulmonaria

Thumbnail by suzyq1968
Spanaway, WA(Zone 8a)

One more... False salomons seal, lilac about to open and lamium (I think Pink Pewter)

Thumbnail by suzyq1968
Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Suzyq - lovely!!

Suzyq ~ Nice pix. Absolutely LOVE the darmera!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.