Mini coop for DC area swap, hellebores, pulmonarias, etc.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Starting a new thread to get this more organized. Please post what plants and how many you're interested in here. I would REALLY appreciate it if everyone would post an easy to read list of WHAT PLANTS they are interested in and HOW MANY so I can start counting up tallies. We're never going to be able to figure out whether this is viable without those lists. This isn't an order yet. Just figuring out whether we can do this.

We're looking at ordering from NW Bulbs and Perennials, either three or six flats, which is the most economical for shipping. Plants would be delivered to you at the swap at Bec's house so no one has to pay double shipping.

This is what we've looked at so far:
Hellebore Metallic Blue Lady - $3 each/ flats of 25 GETTING LIMITED
http://www.nwbulb.com/nwbulb/product_info.php?products_id=927
Pulmonaria EB Anderson $1.45 each/flats 25 (I'm taking out Smokey Blue unless it shows up as available)
http://www.nwbulb.com/nwbulb/product_info.php?products_id=1188&cPath=
Brunnera Dawson's White (based on Debbie's recommendation) -$3 each/ flats 25
http://www.nwbulb.com/nwbulb/product_info.php?products_id=769&cPath=48
Achillea Apple Blossom - $1 each/flats 25 GETTING LIMITED
http://www.nwbulb.com/nwbulb/product_info.php?products_id=666&cPath=48
Coreopsis American Dream - $1 each/flats 25
http://www.nwbulb.com/nwbulb/product_info.php?products_id=810&cPath=48 GETTING VERY LIMITED -MAY NOT BE AVAIL.

Others that have been mentioned: (deleting any that aren't available)

Hellebore Double Queen - $2.50 each/flats 25
http://www.nwbulb.com/nwbulb/product_info.php?products_id=924
Pulmonaria Majeste - $1.55/flats 25 EXTREMELY LIMITED - PROB. WON'T BE AVAIL.
http://www.nwbulb.com/nwbulb/product_info.php?products_id=1193
Japanese iris Royal Robes - $1.35 per 2 fans/25 (GONE)
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/143273/ (no photo on NW but is available)
Hakonechloa All Gold - $2 each/flats 25 EXTREMELY LIMITED - PROB WON'T BE AVAIL.
http://www.nwbulb.com/nwbulb/product_info.php?products_id=907
Hakonechloa Aureola - $2 each/flats 25
http://www.nwbulb.com/nwbulb/product_info.php?products_id=908&cPath=
Geranium Johnson's Blue - $1.10 each bareroot plants/25 (NOTE THESE ARE BAREROOT, GETTING LIMITED, MAY NOT BE AVAIL.)
http://www.nwbulb.com/nwbulb/product_info.php?products_id=896&cPath=
Geranium Rozanne - $3 each/flats 25
http://www.nwbulb.com/nwbulb/product_info.php?products_id=904

WE HAVE TO HAVE 25 OF EACH. And please keep in mind, when we get to 25, we'll have to close out that selection or decide whether to order two flats of a particular plant. They have to be in multiples of 25, they won't split flats.

If you're interested in something that isn't listed, ask about it and I'll see if it's available. If we can get 25 of it, we can add it. I have to limit to six flats I think in order to get them in the car. Might be able to push that up to nine.

These are bigger than the usual plugs. The size of the 25 flat plants is 3 inches square by 3.5 inches deep
Three flats per box for shipping so we're best off to order in multiples of three flats.
Shipping estimate was 12% of total for UPS ground, more if we opt for faster shipping.

We do have to work fairly fast to make sure plants we want don't sell out before we can order. They will hold plants for us from the current availability, however, once the order is placed and deliver them closer to the swap date of May 24.

Happy will be handling the money. The plants will be delivered to me. I'll make sure they're taken care of until the swap and then hand them out at the swap.

Once more, everyone PLEASE post a list, not in paragraphs but a list, of the plants you're interested in and how many of each so I can start figuring out tallies.

Note these lists are going to have to be preliminary, just so we can see what plants do have to total a flat of 25. Some will be closed out as we reach 25 too unless we opt for order two flats of something, so those who have made their list will be getting first dibs on those.

This message was edited Apr 28, 2008 2:46 PM

Laurel, MD(Zone 7a)

Pulmonaria EB Anderson (3)
Brunnera Dawson's White $3 (6)
Hakonechloa Aureola - $2 (6)
Geranium Rozanne - $3 (5)

This message was edited Apr 28, 2008 9:00 PM

This message was edited Apr 29, 2008 1:48 PM

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Hellebore Metallic Blue Lady - $3 (3)
Hellebore Double Queen - $2.50 (3)
Geranium Johnson's Blue - $1.10 (2)
Japanese iris Royal Robes - $1.35 (2)

Brunswick, MD(Zone 6b)

Hellebore Metallic Blue Lady - $3 (2)
Hellebore Double Queen - $2.50 (2)

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Hellebore Metallic Blue Lady - $3 (2)
Hellebore Double Queen - $2.50 (1)

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Thanks so much, everyone. Reckon I'd better get mine done.

Hellebore Metallic Blue Lady - 4
Hellebore Double Queen - 2
Brunnera Dawson's White - 1
Pulmonaria EB Anderson - 5
Japanese Iris Royal Robe - 3
Hakonechloa Aureola - 2
Geranium Rozanne - 3

This message was edited Apr 28, 2008 9:44 PM

Strasburg, VA(Zone 6b)

hellebore metallic blue lady - 3
brunnera dawson's white - 2
pulmonaria eb anderson - 2
geranium rozanne - 3
japanese iris royal robe - 3

if other selections come close then i may be able to "fill" in a onesie or twosie especially with the achillea & coreopsis

Bedford, VA(Zone 7a)

My order:

Hellebore metallic Blue Lady - 2
Hellebore Double Queen - 2
Achillea Apple Blossom - 5
Coreopsis - 5
Japanese Iris Royal Robes - 3

Shenandoah Valley, VA

deleting happy's prelim order

This message was edited Apr 28, 2008 4:25 PM

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Thanks!

I know it's first come, first served, so depending on what's left in the flats, I'd like

3 to 6 Brunnera Dawson's White
3 Hellebore Double Queen
3 Geranium Rozanne
3 Achillea Apple Blossom

edited to add
3 Geranium Johnson Blue (remember, these are bare root plants...)

edited again to add up to
6 more Achillea Apple Blossom (total of 9)
3 more Geranium Rozelle (total of 6)

(I can flex my numbers around again depending on totals)

This message was edited Apr 28, 2008 2:29 PM

This message was edited Apr 28, 2008 3:45 PM

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Thanks for the reminder on the Johnson's Blue, Critter. I don't mind making up pots per person on those but I don't have enough pots to do 25 pots. Those of you ordering it may want to consider one that comes in flats instead of bareroot because they would probably withstand the interval better.

I've updated the top post to show which plants are getting limited on the availability list. The ones that say getting limited means they have enough flats remaining that we should be able to get them but we probably need to order this week.

They only have one flat left of the Japanese iris, so I think we can assume that's gone. The pulmonaria majeste and hak. all gold area also low enough in numbers that I doubt they will be available. Those of you have ordered these will probably want to amend your orders and look at other plants. The coreopsis is also likely to not be available. Since it and the achillea are the only sun plants, you might want to suggest another plant. All of the coreopsis except Moonbeam are in low numbers.

Looking at the lists so far, this is what we have:

Hellebore Metallic Blue Lady - a full flat plus (28)
Hellebore Double Queen - 16
Pulmonaria EB Anderson - 20
Pulmonaria Majeste - 3
Brunnera Dawson's White - 14 to 22
Hak. All Gold - 8 or 13 (not sure about Happy's list)
Hak. Aureola - 5 or 10 or 15 (not sure about Happy's list)
Geranium Johnson's Blue - 7 or 12
Geranium Rozanne - 14 or 19
Achillea Apple Blossom - 13
Coreopsis American Dream - 10

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Here's mine. I have 2 big new shady areas to fill up, so this is a lifesaver!

9 Hellebore Metallic Blue Lady - $3
6 Pulmonaria EB Anderson $1.45
6 Brunnera Dawson's White $3
6 Achillea Apple Blossom - $1
6 Coreopsis American Dream - $1
3 Hellebore Double Queen - $2.50 each
6 Pulmonaria Majeste - $1.55
10 Hakonechloa All Gold - $2 each/flats 25
10 Hakonechloa Aureola - $2 each/flats 25
6 Geranium Rozanne - $3 each

I think I'll go ahead and order what we are close on so that we don't lose out on those that are limited.

Sorry, Hart, I've messed up your counts!

This message was edited Apr 28, 2008 3:24 PM

Strasburg, VA(Zone 6b)

i can go up or down on some to make things fit :-)

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I did add the Johnson's Blue Geranium to my order, but with their being bare root, I think we might be better off going with that choice cultivar, Rozelle. Also, Johnson's Blue should be easy enough to find elsewhere at a reasonable price (or trade for).

I'd be happy to add 6 more Achillea Apple Blossom &/or 3 more Geranium Rozelle to help bring the numbers up. I'll edit my post above to reflect that. I realize we've got 7 varieties at least that are closing in on full flats... and we're ordering 6 flats... so I know not all my choices will make the cut.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

From what I have read, Johnson's Blue gets very leggy too, and if I recall that was my experience as well. Leggy but not tough.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I know this isn't the swap thread, but if we've got cransebill geranim fans, I'll see if I can get a division or two from the 'Biokovo' in my front bed. :-)

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Happy, you want to wait until later in the day and maybe we can have some firmer numbers? They're out west so should be available until at least, what, 7-8 pm our time. I think everyone who said they were interested has posted except Chantell.

I'll go do a new tally now.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

New totals

Hellebore met blue - 26
Hellebore Doub. Queen - 14
Brunnera Dawson's - 15 or 18
Pulmonaria Majeste - 11
Pulmonaria EB - 11
(I think all of us ordering pulmonarias should shift to one or the other. Frankly, I'd rather not order Majeste since everything I read says it's not as tough as the EM Anderson but I'll go along with what you all want)
Hak. all gold - 13
Hak Aur. - 15
Ger. Rozanne - 21
Ger. Johnson's Blue - 11
Iris RR - 11 (one batch of 25 left if we happen to get this one up but it doesn't look likely)
Achillea Ap. Bloss - 20
Coreopsis Am. Dr. - 11

Strasburg, VA(Zone 6b)

i'll drop a hellebore metallic blue
can pick up 5 achillea apple blossom
can pick up more iris, but not 14 :-)

after more falls out or combines i can adjust then too

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Greetings Wise Ones!

Here's my wants. If we're at a need more in order to purchase, let me know. I have garden room to double this if needed. :)

9 Achillea Apple Blossom - $1
9 Coreopsis American Dream - $1
9 Hellebore Double Queen - $2.50 each

I can't make the swap, but Gita will pick up my order and bring it back to Baltimore. She's such an angel!

I'd really like a double order of stargazer lilies. They are here:

http://www.nwbulb.com/nwbulb/product_info.php?products_id=1104

If you can add them, I'll of course pay for the shipping. They are also in lots of 25. 50 cents each is a wonderful price! A double is $25 plus the shipping. I wonder if anyone else is up for those?

Blessings on your gardens,
Elf

This message was edited Apr 28, 2008 4:55 PM

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Wow --

I'd love 6 Stargazers!

Lastelf? Are you coming to the swap? When you said you'd pay for shipping, did you mean shipping from us to you, or from NW to us?

I think your order for Apple Blossom will take us over one tray, though Hart is the one in charge of the counts -- are you ok with having less?

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Hart: I agree -- I'm delighted to drop my Majeste. That just leaves you will 3 and Wyldeflwr with 3.

So wyldeflwr -- are you willing to switch from Majeste to EB Anderson?

Shenandoah Valley, VA

I miscounted the Majeste. There's only nine - three for wyldeflwr. If you two switch, that would give us 20 for EB.

Where's Chantell today? We need to get her list.

New totals for the ones changing
Hellebore Metallic Blue - 25 full flat
Achillea Apple Blossom - 25 full flat - Larlienda, if you don't want those extra 5, Lastelf might want to take them
Coreposis American Dream - 20
Hellebore Double Queen - 23

Pulmonaria EB Anderson will be at 14 if wyldeflwr shifts their Majeste order to that one

It looks like we could have enough to fill flats on the following:
the five above
Geranium Rozanne
Hak Aureola?
Brunnera Dawson's White?

That would give us eight flats. Nine if the lily bulbs can go in a box with two flats. I guess I can manage nine. Hope so. LOL

Let's wait and see how the other plants do before we add a full flat for someone. I really do have to make sure I have room for everything. Lastelf, Larlienda dmailed me and said she can bring some stargazers to the swap. Maybe she meant she could bring the box? I'll have to check, That would mean I have to make sure I can get over the mountain to her house before the swap.

If we do this, Happy the only way I know to figure the extra shipping would be to get a shipping total for the other stuff and then add in the lilies and see what they do.

Larlienda added 5 achillea so that leaves Lastelf with none unless L. wants to give up her five.

I can add some Hak. aureola to my order if the iris don't make it, which it looks like they won't. I'd rather not get All Gold because it's pickier about conditions. If I added three, that would take us up to 18 on that one.

Once we get these changes settled, could Larlienda and Happy edit their original lists? That way I can make clean totals from the top.

This message was edited Apr 28, 2008 7:03 PM

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I'm fine with my original 3 Apple Blossom, or with more... was just trying to fill the tray!

Are those grassy Hak-whatever plants another one (like the Pulmonarias) where it might make sense to pick one variety rather than both? I'm just trying to figure out how to keep it to 6 flats... When it comes down to it, Hart, pick the varieties you want to include in the order -- because you're the one doing the sorting and the hauling!

Elf, I sure wish you were coming! :-) I don't know if they'd ship the lilies in their own box, or what... but Hart said they ship 3 flats per box, so there probably isn't room in the shipping boxes as they stand. If they're shipping them in their own box anyway, you might be just as well off ordering 50 bulbs on your own (unless there's a minimum $ total to place an order or something).

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

9 flats... ooohhhh... Hart, you're a gem! Hopefully you'll be able to pack them back into their shipping boxes for transport rather than having to figure out how to find space for 9 flats set side by side in your car.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Greetings Happy!

I can't make the swap, so Gita will pick up my order.

In order to get things sent personally, you need $100 worth. I'd love it if the stargazers were added to the co-oop. They don't need to be shipped to me personally or from the swap.

Gita will add them to her pile and run them to Baltimore. I'll just pick them up at her place. I drive by there all the time on the way to other places. :)

I'm very willing to share the stargazers, but if there are more folks that are interested in them, maybe we should order another 25 to split. I'd take what ever was left. Can you imagine the scent on a summer garden loaded wiht stargazers? Wow! And they cut so well. I love them in the house.

Stargazers are my hubby's favorite flower. His BD is at the beginning of June. I'd like the lilies for a birthday gift for him.

I'm okay with less on the Apple Blossom, but if there are others who want more, I could pick up the rest of a tray. I'm putting in a new bed this spring. I have a lot of room. These are so cheap, and so lovely.

So I'm pretty loose on the whole thing. Whatever shows up is good with me.

Blessings on your garden,
Elf

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Scratch the Stargazer. It's not available. Sorry, I should have checked first thing.

If we're going to do nine flats, we need to either figure another plant or get the Hak. All Gold or Japanese iris up to 25.

Anybody besides me like poppies? They have a couple of poppies in decent numbers for $1.50 each. Check out this one - I'd get some happily.

http://www.waysidegardens.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreCatalogDisplay?storeId=10151&catalogId=10151&langId=-1&mainPage=LGprodview&ItemId=41844&PrevMainPage=advsearchresults&OfferCode=V3H&scChannel=newproducts

The car is a station wagon but I'd don't think nine flats not stacked would work. LOL I do have some bigger boxes I could put them in but I think I could get them back in their packing boxes.

Okay, Lastelf gets at least six achillea, more if Larlienda wants to give up three.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

hart, how many achillea do you have me down for? I said I'd take more when we were trying to fill the flat... but I'm also fine with just my original 3.

(Oh, and I know this belongs on the other thread... but don't let me forget that I have a lot of white heirloom achillea out there that could use dividing! It's borderline thuggish, unlike the pink ones.)

Shenandoah Valley, VA

I was assuming Lastelf would get your extra six Critter. More if Larlienda doesn't want all five of the extras she posted about.

We going to have seven, assuming seven of the ones in the post above make it, unless we get more wanting the Pulmonaria EB Anderson, which would bring us to eight. I had shifted Happy's six Majeste but didn't realize she was already down for 6 EB. Obviously she doesn't want 12 EB.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I can take the extra coreopsis.

I only want 6 pulmonaria total -- so 6 EB, and no Majeste if we drop the Majeste. I can add on if need be.

I'll take all the Haky that are left, whatever it is. I'd like a lot of it. I'm ok passing on the All Gold.

We can do 2 shipments, one to my house and one to Hart. My only problem is I'm going to a class for 3-1/2 hours on Saturday, so I'd have to move the boxes inside, so if it is too bulky that'd be a pain. But I could take the stargazers plus something else to get to $100. But is there a big break in shipping if you order a lot more?

I'll dmail both Bec and Chantell to make sure they've picked what they are interested in. I'd like to at least reserve the stuff that is in short supply tomorrow.

Laurel, MD(Zone 7a)

So wyldeflwr -- are you willing to switch from Majeste to EB Anderson?

I can do that. Switch me.

Re: Hakonechloa- Which ever one you choose, just put me down for six instead of three if you are only doing one of these please

This message was edited Apr 28, 2008 9:08 PM

Strasburg, VA(Zone 6b)

i can swing by hart's....as long as i don't follow my husband's suggested route i won't be going through luray first (way past hart's house....way past it!)
that way only have to worry about minimum orders with one shipment....it really isn't a problem as i have some things to take over any way :-)

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

That would be great!

Shenandoah Valley, VA

STARGAZERS ARE NOT AVAILABLE. So forget adding those. I should have checked as soon as Lastelf mentioned them but they are not available.

Okay, do I have this straight? Happy wants more coreopis for a total of 11 and giving us a full flat of 25. Wyldeflwr wants 3 more Hak. Aureola for a total of six. That brings the Hak. Aur. total up to 18. Happy will take the remaining seven for a total of 17 Hak. Aur. for her and that gives us a full flat of 25.

I'll take two of the Hellebore Double Queen. That will give us a full flat of that one.

Please edit your lists to put in the new totals for you on those plants. I'll do some new tallies from the top in the morning so EVERYONE PLEASE EDIT YOUR LISTS to put in any changes to your orders.

My gosh! Luray is 25 miles from here! Over a pretty narrow mountain road too. Boy, did he ever give you the wrong directions.

That's great, Lynda. Still, I don't want to go too overboard with this. I have to take care of these plants until we can get them to everyone. Let's try to keep it to more than 9 or 12 flats. Does that sound good?

Now, everybody please go look at the gorgeous poppy I posted the link to a few posts up from this one. LOL

As of right now, we have full flats of the following:

Hellebore Metallic Blue
Hellebore Double Queen
Achillea Apple Blossom
Coreopsis American Dream
Hakonechloa Aureola

Here's what's needed to fill flats on the others:
Geranium Rozanne - 4 needed to fill flat
Brunnera Dawson's White - 10 or 7 (CRITTER - 3 OR 6?)
Pulmonaria EB Anderson - I added 2 t my list, that leaves 9

That would give us 8 flats if we fill all of those. I imagine the shipping is not significantly more for 9 flats if you want to find another plant since they're shipped three flats per box.

I suggested the poppy above, which is gorgeous and is certainly selling for a lot more than $1.50 elsewhere. I'd take at least five if anyone is interested in those.
http://www.waysidegardens.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreCatalogDisplay?storeId=10151&catalogId=10151&langId=-1&mainPage=LGprodview&ItemId=41844&PrevMainPage=advsearchresults&OfferCode=V3H&scChannel=newproducts

What about this epimedium at $2.50 each?
http://www.nwbulb.com/nwbulb/product_info.php?products_id=871&cPath= I know the page says $1.35 but it's on the availability list for $2.50. Maybe difference between bareroots and 25-cell flats? They are limited though.

These heleniums are only 80 cents apiece. That would be an easy thing to order plenty of without adding a lot to order costs for anyone who likes them.
http://www.nwbulb.com/nwbulb/product_info.php?products_id=911
Another pretty helenium. $1.05 each
http://www.nwbulb.com/nwbulb/product_info.php?products_id=914&cPath=

This message was edited Apr 28, 2008 10:00 PM

Shenandoah Valley, VA

And here is who is getting what per plant so far. Please check against your lists.

Hellebore Metallic Blue Lady
Bec (3) Miatablu (2) Gita (2) Hart (4) larlienda (3) dragonfly (2) Happy (9)
Hellebore Double Queen
Bec (3) Miatablu (2) Gita (1) Hart (2) dragonfly (2) Critter (3) Happy (3) Lastelf (9)
Achillea Apple Blossom
dragonfly (5) critter (3) Happy (6) Larlienda (5) Lastelf (6)
Coreopsis American Dream
dragon (5) Happy (6) Lastelf (9)
Hakonechloa Aureola
wyldeflwr (6) hart (2) Happy (17)
Geranium Rozanne
wyldeflwr (3) hart (3) larlienda (3) critter (6) Happy (6) 4 REMAIN
Brunnera Dawson's White
wyldeflwr (3) hart (1) larlienda (2) critter (3 or 6) Happy (6) 10 or 7 REMAIN
Pulmonaria EB Anderson
wyldefwr (3) hart (5) larlienda (2) Happy (6) 9 REMAIN

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

That Pulmonaria EB Anderson is really pretty... Can you put me down for 3 of them, please? By golly, my MIL is going to get something that *blooms* in her shade garden! (Last year, I installed some new hostas... this year I think I might just kick it up a notch!)

And heck, at $1 each I'll take 3 of the remaining coreopsis (I know Happy spoke up for them too, and she can have however many more she wants... If I get none, that's OK... the pink ones never seem to do well for me here.)

And I'll take 6 of the Brunnera Dawson's White, yes please!

So, the latest version of my order is:

3 Hellebore Double Queen
3 Achillea Apple Blossom
3 Coreopsis American Dream
6 Geranium Rozanne (up to 10 is fine, no need to check with me before ordering)
6 Brunnera Dawson's White
6 Pulmonaria EB Anderson (up to 9 is fine, no need to check with me before ordering)

This message was edited Apr 29, 2008 12:13 AM

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I can take:

3 poppies (which I'll kill)

6 Epimedium perralshicum Frohnleiten

(By the way, if anyone else wants the coreopsis (such as Critter), I'm happy to give the extra I just ordered up -- I was just trying to fill the tray. I'm willing to part with some of the Hakies if anyone else wants them.)

I will guarantee the Rozanne and Brunnera so we can order the tray, but want to leave them as still available in case anyone else wants them.

This message was edited Apr 28, 2008 11:49 PM

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Happy, thanks, I'll gladly take a trio of the Coreopsis... maybe I'll have better luck this time!

No need for you to guarantee both of those... thanks for doing the Brunnera, though, because I really can't take more than 6 unless my SIL wants some (just emailed her)... I don't have the shade for them! I edited my post just above yours to indicate that I'd take up to the number remaining of both the Geranium Rozanne and the Pulmonaria EBA.

So, we're looking for another flat, eh? ;-)

Did you consider ferns? or Heuchera? Did you see they've got that amazing H. 'Midnight Rose' -- pricey, but not so much as elsewhere!

What about a plant for sunny spots? 'Double Decker' Echinacea is only 95 cents, and it was one of the neatest things in my garden last year, with blooms that looked more like big zinnias... I'd love to add some more and would happily pick up half that flat.

By the way, I'd been assuming these would be smaller plugs... but do you know how big their flats are? If we're talking 25 cells in a standard 1020 nursery flat, that's really pretty good... that should be like a 2 inch pot, maybe even a little better. ?

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Okay, that leaves us with only 2 to fill out the coreopsis. If you take 5, that fills the flat. Did I count that wrong? I've gone over it again and again. I for some reason had figured that flat was filled. My eyes tend to start jumping around when I get tired and I must have looked at something else and counted it in with the coreopsis.

If you take six of the pulmonaria, that leaves just 3 to fill the flat. With you taking six of the brunnera, that leaves 7 to fill that flat, which Happy says she'll take if needed. I'll have to edit the totals above sometime tomorrow when the board lets me start editing again.

Happy! Pick one or the other! LOL Unless you all would prefer a poppy and an epimedium to the brunnera. If we go to 10 flats then of course we'll have to order 12 flats and I don't think that's going to lend itself to getting this ready for ordering by tomorrow.

I would love to get some of the epimedium but the one you listed isn't available.

Rose Queen is available at $2 each. The flowers are pretty but I don't think the leaves are as pretty.
http://www.plantdelights.com/Catalog/Current/Detail/05092.html

Now look at this pinnatum. Isn't it pretty? I love the veining on the leaves. Besides, the flowers will match your hakone grass. LOL
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/146276/

I think they're the most beautiful plants and they love dry shade. I have lots of that. I will get at least a couple, maybe four if we drop the brunnera. Hate to be such a penny pincher but I'm well into my plant budget for the whole year on this coop. LOL

I will definitely get some of the poppies. I love poppies. Happy, do you kill them or do they just go dormant in the summer like normal for oriental poppies? This one is supposed to stay leafed out for much longer than most poppies.

Laurel, MD(Zone 7a)

I could take additional 4 Geranium Rozanne if needed and 3 more of the Brunnera Dawson's White.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.