User Name, Real Name. Part 3

Lilburn, GA

thank youo Betty!

Salem, OR

wormsoup=caren

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

Caren,
Welcome to thr Brug Forum. I've added your name to the list. :-)

Vancouver, BC(Zone 8b)

Hi Betty...my real name is Cindy...but Ive been called Sydney for years...as there were way to many of us in school with the name Cindy....so that's always been my nick name for years...either one is okay with me....thanks Betty

Just curious...how are you making out there with the storms etc...I don't know TX that well..and did you have any damage...and is everything okay there where you are?

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

Cindy, I've changed your "real" name from Sydney to Cindy and put Sydney in parentheses.

I live about 120 miles west of where the eye passed over Houston. Under normal circumstances, that is the dry side of a hurricane, especially this far from the eye, but this hurricane was so wide that the projected rainfall for us was 2" - 4" with 30 - 50 mph and gusts of up to 70 mph. A number of atmospheric conditions kept that from happening. We received hot drying wind earlier in the day and evening then nothing. My MIL in Houston, who lives in the west side of Houston, had a neighbor's massive Loblolly Pine fall on her house and puncture roof and ceiling and has extensive water damage in the kitchen, dining room and living room. Other trees littered the yard, driveway and street. My SIL's house weathered the storm, but has tree damage. Both are without power. No generator. No chairsaw. Both essential tools in hurricane prone areas.

(dana)Owensboro, KY(Zone 6a)

well since i have a couple brugs now might as well add me .... that way you ll know who i am when i ask a bunch of annoying newbie questions lol .

iris28 - dana
mother of 3 boys :14 months, 3 almost 4 ,and 8
ive been lusting after brugs for a while and got some in a trade . i cant wait to see a bloom !!

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

Welcome to the Brug Forum, Dana. You're going to be one busy lady!

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

joeswife= Debra ;)

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

Debra, I've added your name to the list. Welcome to the Brug Forum.

Santee, CA(Zone 9a)

santeeLissa is Melissa

"won" my first brug in a naming contest here in the forums a little over a month ago, now I have 6 baby brugs, all given to me by generous DGers :o)

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

Melissa, Welcome to the Brug Forum. I have added your name to the list. Congratulations on winning the Brug.

Santee, CA(Zone 9a)

:o) Thank you...you all are right, you cna't have just one!!LOL!!

(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

Lost my first cuttings, didn't know much about them. Going to give another try when Cannagirl sends me some. Think I may have a snail problem now, one thing after another. ^_^

Rome, GA(Zone 7b)

bamagirl35973 = Wanda

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

Wanda, I've added you to the list. Welcome to the Brug Forum.

Copperas Cove, TX

Hi my real name is Luzia. I started with Brugs this year and I am totally in love with them. But now I found another love. Plummeria lol. This is really my first year gardening after a 10 year break. I have been back in Texas almost 2 years now and the heat is something else to get used too.
Mike confinced me that this is a great place to be. So here I am and I am looking forward to meet all the great garden folks that I know they are here and Mike swears that it is so.

Luzia

Marysville, CA(Zone 9a)

Hi Im new to this forum
AnjL ordered me to come here and join and check in with you all.

my names are

lavender dragon / Lori

Nice to meet you all, Anj is sending me my first Brug baby, this will be my first attempt at growing them.
Cant wait to meet you all

Garden Blessings
Lavender

North Port, FL(Zone 9b)

Good morning. Can you add me please? My name is Annette. Thank you Betty ('',)

Brussels, Belgium

Add this nut to the list.
Lol, EricKnight = Eric Knight.

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

Luzia, Lori, Annette and Eric,
I'm sorry I was late in adding your names to the list. I just got back after spending a week back in California visiting my two sons and attending my younger son's wedding. I was having too much fun. LOL

Luzia, welcome back to Texas and to the Brug Forum. I think you will indeed find fri,endly gardeners here. Gardening in Texas can be a challenge. Even though I had been gardening for ages, I felt like a novice gardener when I started gardening here in Texas. Plumerias are my other great love, too.

Lori, welcome to the Brug Forum. When you have time, look at older threads. You'll find a wealth of great information in them. Searching the forum using keywords makes it easier to hunt for information. You'll also find that soon, one Brug is not enough and when that happens, you are hooked!

Annette, welcome to the Brug Forum. You'll find there are a great many Floridians here. I'm sure they'll be glad to share growing information.

Eric, welcome to the Brug Forum. I hope you'll share some of your hybridizing expertise with us. Many Brug DGers, including me, have asked questions about hybridizing Brugs that have gone unanswered. I want to add that I have 5 of your hybrids: Tequila Sunrise, Sunkissed, Gypsy Queen, Georgia Peach and Audrey Hepburn. The first three are still small cuttings that have yet to bloom. I've had Georgia Peach and Audrey Hepburn for a few years now. Audrey Hepburn is one of my favorites. It helps that I'm rather isolated, but she has been very healthy even when others get attacked by spidermites. She sent roots out the drain holes and in between the pavers while in the greenhouse the first year I had her so she has stayed in the greenhouse all year until early this summer when I ripped her out and planted her outside. I love the shape and form of her flowers. She sets pods easily and since she was in the greenhouse all year long, she bloomed almost year long. I have wondered who her parents are as they aren't included in the Brugmansia Register.

Copperas Cove, TX

Betty thank you for the welcome and adding me to the list.
Sounds like you had a GREAT Week! All your kids married now? If I might ask.
If I ever get used to the heat. Then gardening will be ok lol.

Luzia

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

Just the younger one. The older one says he's too busy.

You'll never get used to the heat or at least not in the first 7 years. That's how long I've been here and I still can't stand the heat. My DH thinks I'm related to Dracula.

Copperas Cove, TX

oh no do not rob me of my hope that it will be a better summer next year. MY DH would like you. He loves Dracula...the movie lol

When you fall in love, you can not help but move in and get it ALL. oh by the way, I am talking about Brugs now rofl

Heber Springs, AR

add me too. werewolf1=jim

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

Jim, I've added your name to the list. Welcome to the Brug Forum.

Linden, TN

My name is Carolyn...

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

Carolyn, welcome to the Brug Forum. I've added your name to the list.

Kingsport, TN(Zone 6a)

My name is John

Chichester, NH(Zone 5b)

Just took a little peek in at the Brug forum, this was my first year growing them, although I haven't gotten to witness their beauty or fragrance yet as mine are too small.....next year will be the year(fingers crossed). In the meantime....I'm sure I'll be visiting here a lot so add me in.
astcgirl - Samantha

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

Samantha and John, welcome to the Brug Forum.

Renton, WA(Zone 8a)

Please add me too ;> Kit

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

Kit, I've added you name to the list. Welcome!!

Pawleys Island, SC

Please add me too, Thanks, Linda

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

Linda, I've added you to the list. Welcome to the Brug Forum.

Jacksonville, FL

everyone else is doing it ..... monica

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

Monica, Welcome to the Brug Forum. Your user name had me going for a sec.

New Braunfels, TX(Zone 8b)

Hi guys! Got my first brug cuttings a couple of weeks ago! This excited brug newbie is Tonya

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

Tonya, Welcome to the Brug Forum. You can't have just one! Wait until you have your first bloom. That's when the addiction really grabs hold.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

LouC=Christi

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

Christi,
Welcome to the Brug Forum. I've added you name to the list.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.