Show your ornamental grass gardens!

Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

Jnette,

I used Milky Spore in the fall of 2008 and in 2009 the japanese beetles were decreased by 80%, my lindens weren't defoliated and my lawn wasn't destroyed - and my roses did so much better. Do use it.

Donna

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

It takes a couple years to cover the entire lawn, but it lasts many years once used.

I noticed a dramtic decrease in the mole hills just one week after use. DO NOT USE IT WHERE YOU TILL THOUGH. It will not work there ONLY IN THE LAWN or gardens that are groundcovers. If you till it it is no good.

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

You say lawns or ground covers only. What about the ones that eat the bulbs and roots of the plants? You seem to be talking about the grubs, crane fly larvae only?

I have had entire Rudbeckia plants, flowers and all disappear down a hole right before my eyes. Not sure what did that. Then I have also found blackberry plants lying on the ground with no roots in the spring. I blamed the deer, but they don't do that.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well, visit the ier website, it will tell all about it. Im one very satisfied customer.

I solved my bulb problem by putting the bulbs in nursery cans then sinking the can and all at the proper depth to the bulb. No problem there with critters eatting them. And much easyier to find at lifting time.

Deer are browsers so they eat pretty much that is head high or grazing.

Cant imagine the blackberries being pulled out and left, but stranger things happen.

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

BB, ier? Do you mean the link you gave for Milkiespore? It bounced. Should it maybe have a Y instead of the ie? Thanks.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

yeah, sorry on that.. just like the pic! If ya look up the product in the search it should take you to the webbie!

Some day I will have to get a new pair of eyes! Thanks for catchin that!

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

No problem. I will do some research. Thanks

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

I planted a meadow garden during the last few days. It includes Eragrostis elliottii, Tripsacum floridanum, Schizachyrium rhizomatum, Muhlenbergia capillaris and some native south Florida wildflowers.

Thumbnail by amygirl
Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

A wonderful book for all zones is the American Meadow Garden by John Greenlee. It is a wonderful book - lots of grasses, beautiful, stunning really, gardens, a real amazing book. It is available on Amazon.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.