April Daily Weather, What a beautiful world Spring Brings!

(Zone 7a)

Pretties make me feel better, Sharona. There's plenty of every variety to see on this thread, that's for sure! BAD case of spring fever. LOL

Mostly Cloudy32°F
Feels like: 28°F

Barometer: 30 in ↑
Dewpoint: 25°
Humidity: 75%
Visibility: 10 miles
Wind: 5 mph N
Sunrise: 6:55 AM
Sunset: 8:02 PM
UV Index: 0 Low

Sun predicted today, which is good because I need to get out and do some stuff in the gardens.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Goodness... I keep getting behind! :-) Good morning, everyone! All of the pictures are lovely. I have Deb's iris on my desktop right now, but Rann's snowy crocuses may be next. Or Kelli's poppies... Wow!

It's grey outside here right now. There is a 20% chance of rain. We could actually use it (for once), so I hope we do get at least a little wet. :-) The weather for this weekend's camping trip is looking great! Highs in the lower 70s, lows in the 40s. Perfect campfire weather. We probably won't get to go swimming, but there will be plenty of other things to do.

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 9:53am CDT (31 min ago)
Temperature 78 °F 26 °C
Dew Point 69 °F 21 °C
Humidity 73%
Pressure 29.75 in 1007.4 mb
Wind Speed 12 MPH 10 kts
Wind Dir SSW 210°
Ceiling 3200 ft 975 m
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Heat Index 81 °F 27 °C
Current Conditions Cloudy
6 hour min temperature ending 6:53am CDT : 73.0°F / 22.8°C

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

Wow, it's just miserable here in southeastern Wisconsin today!

It's raining (and I do mean raining) and 37 degrees with a wind chill of 27. We have a sustained wind speed of 24 mph with gusts up to 37 mph. (Definitely feels windier than that up on our little hill, though.) The east wind is vicious and the rain just plain pelts you. I went to take the dogs out to go potty and they both dragged me back toward the house as if to say, "Oh, HECK no!" They've been holding it all day, the poor things.

April showers? Blech!

(Zone 5a)

We had a glorious day today, sunny and 38°F with a rather chilly breeze. In sheltered spots it was quite warm thanks to the sun ;-) lol

Kelli - wow! Those poppy photos are fantastic!

Sharon - Can't wait to see the blooms on your Brugs :-) Those buds are huge! The candy puff is very cute. Thanks for the update on Kiska - I missed that part ;-) lol I wouldn't mind being on the beach right about now either ;-)

Celia - wonderful beach photos.

Marylyn -where will you be going on your camping trip?

Kayly - sounds like a pretty rough day there :-0 Hope it'll be better tomorrow ;-)

This is what I've been up to the past weeks (the rows and rows of little black pots ;-)) ...... not over the top is it?? lol I adopted a "throw nothing away" policy when transplanting this year ....... maybe I need to rethink that ...... I have no idea what I'm going to do with all these plants. lol

Rann

This message was edited Apr 10, 2008 10:44 PM

Thumbnail by rannveig
Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

Rann - What a fabulous greenhouse! I'm envious!

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Nice greenhouse, Rann. Is it geothermally heated? Is everything in Iceland geothermally heated?

It is supposed to get up to 92F on Saturday and Sunday. I would gladly share some heat with Kayly or anyone else.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 3:51 PM PDT on April 10, 2008
78 °F / 26 °C
Clear
Humidity: 19%
Dew Point: 33 °F / 1 °C
Wind: 9 mph / 15 km/h / 4.1 m/s from the South

Here's another flower picture with a twist. It was exciting to see these planes fly over. DH says that they are C-130s. The poppy reserve isn't all that far from Edwards Air Force Base.

Thumbnail by Kelli
(Zone 5a)

Thanks Kayly and Kelli - it's nice and warm in there. Hildur Eva, my younger one, likes going in there "because it's spring there" ;-) lol

Kelli - it's not geothermally heated - yet. We're planning to get hot water out there soon I hope. We just need to get a plummer for the job - and they're expensive. In the meantime there's an electrical fan heater keeping my babies warm ;-) Not everything is geothermally heated - there are places without geothermal heat, but they're not very many. I'm not sure where they are to be honest since I've olnly lived in the Reykjavik area and we have pleanty of heat.

Rann

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Ric – Another freeze? Brrr!
Celia – Glad the pretties make you feel better. Keep thinking/dreaming of that beach! It’s gorgeous!
Marylyn – Have fun this weekend! Be sure to take lots of pictures! Did you get rained out today?
Kayly – We get all our April Showers on the weekends. It’s a bummer because we work all week then get stuck inside on the weekend. :P
Rann – Sounds like a wonderful day to plan the planting! LOL! If anything, your garden this year will outshine last years garden. I can’t imagine how though…your garden last year was glorious!
Kelli – I can just picture a tiny geyser in Rann’s greenhouse spurting every 30 minutes to geothermically heat it! LOL! Cool pic!

69.4 °F / 20.8 °C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 72%
Dew Point: 60 °F / 16 °C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0.0 km/h
Pressure: 30.09 in / 1018.8 hPa (Steady)
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Few 3700 ft / 1127 m
Scattered Clouds 25000 ft / 7620 m
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 20 ft / 6 m

Tonight
Mostly clear. Areas of fog after midnight. Low 61. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

Drive by beach picture...

Thumbnail by MySharona
Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

pepper - I feel for you and the endless rain. Pa. is so grey in the winter/early spring but today was marvelous. 70 degrees and sunshine with light breezes. We are scheduled for rain Friday and Saturday - then the cold front from the west moves in and temps will dip into the high 20's. Daffys are just breaking bloom as are hyacinths. I am dog tired from running the tiller - but I got it done!!

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

You're ahead of me, se_eds. I don't have anything dug up. I don't till since I have a small garden, but I don't have anything planted yet. I guess I'd rather go hiking.

(Zone 7a)

I can see myself on the beach every day. (sigh...)

This message was edited Apr 10, 2008 6:21 PM

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

mysharona, i just love the way the each is peeking out over the grassy area and topped with whipped clouds...

no power outages here, just cold and windy

tf

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

We're going to a campground near Rosebud, Texas. Isn't that a cute name? :-) It should be fun, I think. I'm sure I'll be exhausted Sunday night! I'll bring the camera and try to get a lot of pictures. :-)

We only got a couple of short rain showers this afternoon. According to this handy rainfall map, we got about .04 of an inch. http://www.hcoem.org/HCRainfall.aspx

I hope the weather improves for you quickly, Kayly!

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Kelli and Ric, I don't know which of your poppies or Arais alpina to put on my desktop, they are all so beautiful! I decided to put both on turns!LOL
Sharon, wow, your brug is blooming already!
Tamara, I don't know the names of those hen and chickies, sorry! Yours are so cute too!
Rann, what a wonderful GH! I know you won't throw away anything, I guess we all do that, don't we?LOL
The peach is blooming too!
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Good Morning!

Sidney asked me to start a new thread...we are now here:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/833176/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.